Print Thread
Hop To
J
jerrys Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Last month I bought a used Dodge PU from a Dodge dealer. It was a dealer lease that the dealer took back. A 2019 with very low miles. I paid a pretty good price. The truck is beautiful and runs great. The days are warming up and the truck sits outside in the partial sun. Now the interior of the truck smells like smoke. The original leaser was a smoker. I am a former smoker. The last thing I want is to get into my new truck and smell smoke. I was not told this when I purchased the truck and in the cooler weather there was no smell. Legally, what are the dealers obligations?

GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
They make ozone generators for sanitizing and deodorizing rooms. Something like that should fix the problem.

Be not weary in well doing.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Legally, what are the dealers obligations?

What does your written warranty say about odors?

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Off the cuff, I’d say you’re SOL.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Get a can of ozium

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I use this odor control system deer hunting and it works.
https://ozonics.factoryoutletstore.com/cat/79753/Scent-Elimination-Units.html

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
ahhhh, yes- the gift that keeps on giving

Smokers never minded making everyone else’s personal world smell their shît everywhere.

let a tom cat piss in there, it’ll smell better

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Might give odor ban a try for a while.
They sell it at Sam's by the gallon.

If not one of those ozone things will work,might give the folks at serve-pro a call and see if there is anything they could do.

The dealer will probably do nothing much.

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
A bag of fresh-cut grass works as good or better than any odor absorber you can buy in the store

If it has whipped cream and chocolate drizzles on it, it’s dessert. Grow up and get a coffee damnit
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You are out of luck, and my experience is the odor is nearly impossible to remove if heavy. Last one I tried I cleaned and cleaned and febreezed and oziumed. It only got marginally better and the stink came out on hot days. I had a detailing shop claim they could get it out with ozone, but I didn’t get around to trying that. It can substantially reduce the selling price of a vehicle.

Not a critique in any way of the truck you bought, but I have not been able to fine a low mileage late model used truck that was worth buying. The prices are so high it makes more sense to just buy new. Cue the fire brain trust to tell me that everyone is driving a ‘used truck’. Well, I suppose so but a new truck has a full warranty, lemon law, more favorable financing, lower insurance, and hasn’t been smoked in.

I wasted a ton of time searching for my last truck (used). I wound up passing up a 4 year old truck with minor bumper damage, no warranty, and fairly high miles to get a new truck with 0 miles and a full warranty for $4,000 more. Would you buy a new truck and let someone else drive it for 4 years and 70,000 miles if they paid you $1,000 per year? Of course not, but that’s what you are doing when you buy a used truck.

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
We had a cigar car. I used the vacuum to push scented stuff into the cushions, then pulled air back through. Washed every hard surface I could and shampooed the seats. I dont remember if it was febreze or odo ban or? It did leave.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by slumlord

Smokers never minded making everyone else’s personal world smell their shît everywhere.

And you know this how? A tom cat is one a nasty critter.

Life is good live it while you can.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by denton
They make ozone generators for sanitizing and deodorizing rooms. Something like that should fix the problem.

This. The used car side of the dealership should have one. The ozone generator will knock out the smells in a day or two depending how strong it is.

Just ask nicely and they should be happy to do it, no big deal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by htredneck
A bag of fresh-cut grass works as good or better than any odor absorber you can buy in the store

I don't think the OP lives in Colorado.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
One should have been warned, but I suspect you're SOL.

Young son came home recently as a smoker, and will continue the practice outside. A little research suggests the habit can devalue ones property by about 30%+.

1Minute
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Are you f.ucking serious??

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by htredneck

Grass isn't legal here in Idaho. Maybe next time I'm in Oregon....

question - does the grass obsorb the odor or do you smoke it so you don't notice the odor?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by slumlord

And you know this how? A tom cat is one a nasty critter.

Same way I know it, most likely-personal experience. A buddy was a fiend for smoking in his car. Just a hardcore hotboxing sumbitch. His wife borrowed his car one day, and left the windows open when she parked. Their garage cat used it for a litter box all weekend long. The interior of that vehicle didn't smell worse.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
A few years back someone set my neighbors car on fire and I was parked right beside him. The right hand side of my car looked horrible. Insurance company picked my car up the next day and said they would take care of it. I got inside my car before they had it towed and the smoke smell was over whelming. I was expecting a brand new car, but they had it completely restored like nothing ever happened. I was also expecting the strong odor to still be there, but it was completely gone when I got it back. I have no idea what the garage did to get rid of the smell but it worked.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 16gage, 10Glocks, 52 invisible), 2,555 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,461
Posts18,471,289
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.