Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Tarquin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Strategic financial move. Cops gonna get sued into the next century. Wife divorces and takes money, house into her name. Harder to get at from a civil suit.

😎

He won't lose a penny. The city will pay the settlement. Query whether the city has to pay for his criminal defense attorney? Guess it depends on what their collective bargaining agreement is.

Tarquin
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Yawn.......

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by 700LH
Some of you need to stop living in fantasy land.

I'll bet you a 100 bucks that the officer is not convicted of homicide.

The state couldn't convict George Gwaltne either but that didn't keep his murdering dumb ass out of prison.

T
Tarquin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T

Manslaughter is a form of homicide. He'll at least go down for that. Looking at the elements of third degree murder in Minnesota, I'd say the state has a pretty strong case. The only element in doubt is causation.

Tarquin
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I'll bet you 100 bucks he is not convicted of homicide since you are certain of the truth living in white supremacy land. No manslaughter is not homicide ding dong that's why they are two separate legal charges with different sentencing guidelines.

Originally Posted by Tarquin

Manslaughter is a form of homicide. He'll at least go down for that. Looking at the elements of third degree murder in Minnesota, I'd say the state has a pretty strong case. The only element in doubt is causation.

Last edited by ribka; 05/30/20.
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

The state couldn't convict George Gwaltne either but that didn't keep his murdering dumb ass out of prison.

take the bet lying coward or not? You said he murdered Floyd and there is proof so the bet would be a sure thing. Cmon take the bet

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll bet you 100 bucks he is not convicted of homicide since you are certain of the truth living in white supremacy land. No manslaughter is not homicide ding dong that's why they are two separate legal charges with different sentencing guidelines.

You must live a sad empty life,
G-Day

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Strategic financial move. Cops gonna get sued into the next century. Wife divorces and takes money, house into her name. Harder to get at from a civil suit.

😎

He won't lose a penny. The city will pay the settlement. Query whether the city has to pay for his criminal defense attorney? Guess it depends on what their collective bargaining agreement is.

Chauvin can still be sued in a separate civil suit by the family. Amazing how little you know and keep posting misinformation

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

G-Day

So you're too cowardly to take the bet since you already stated Chauvin murdered Floyd Proven how wrong you are for posting lies

Last edited by ribka; 05/30/20.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

😎

Chauvin can still be sued in a separate civil suit by the family. Amazing how little you know and keep posting misinformation

This^^^^

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

😎

Wrong ^^^^^

It’s called “personal exposure”. While the city may be paying, so will the cop, personally, if found guilty in a civil suit.

Classes are given to LEO at big departments outlining personal exposure if their actions are deemed outside of current police training standards.

IIRC the words were....You fûck up on the street, and the city can cut you adrift to save money and face, they will.

Otherwise, city attorneys would be defending the cop and not requiring him to seek personal council.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

G-Day

So you're too cowardly to take the bet since you already stated Chauvin murdered Floyd Proven how wrong you are for posting lies

Some folks are just all talk. All 4 cops killed that guy but no one murdered him.

Life is good live it while you can.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The cowardly lil skirt wearing bieeetch ran away when it came time to back up her constant lies and misinformation . I knew she would though lol

Originally Posted by TrueGrit

G-Day

Some folks are just all talk. All 4 cops killed that guy but no one murdered him.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

It’s called “personal exposure”. While the city may be paying, so will the cop, personally, if found guilty in a civil suit.

Classes are given to LEO at big departments outlining personal exposure if their actions are deemed outside of current police training standards.

IIRC the words were....You fûck up on the street, and the city can cut you adrift to save money and face, they will.

Otherwise, city attorneys would be defending the cop and not requiring him to seek personal council.😎

Very true and it's not just cities and not just cops. If the employer can make the case that what the employee did was outside of their job duties, training, or orders, they will seek to avoid liability and hang the employee out to dry. Only a fool would expect loyalty when an organization is seeking to cover its ass.

I have seen it and experienced it.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Not according to the legal genius Tarquin. You guys are posting false information again. Civil suits don't exist in AMERICA. Ask tarquin again lmao

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G

😎

Had a former friend who got caught defrauding clients at his insurance biz. He was dead meat and had more than the average amount of assets.

Wifey divorced him, ended up with all assets...110% of everything. He goes to prison for ~ 5 years. Ex-wife falls in love with him all over again.....ain't love grand?

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
T
Tarquin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T

😎

Wrong ^^^^^

Otherwise, city attorneys would be defending the cop and not requiring him to seek personal council.

😎

Nonsense. First, if their CBA calls for indemnification, he won't pay. Also, he will sue the city for failure to train and they will settle his suit for protection of his personal assets. The guy doesn't have squat anyway. 19 years on a cops salary and bouncing at a bar part-time? He's barely middle class.

Tarquin
T
Tarquin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Not according to the legal genius Tarquin. You guys are posting false information again. Civil suits don't exist in AMERICA. Ask tarquin again lmao

See my post above.

Tarquin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Paul39

Otherwise, city attorneys would be defending the cop and not requiring him to seek personal council.😎

Very true and it's not just cities and not just cops. If the employer can make the case that what the employee did was outside of their job duties, training, or orders, they will seek to avoid liability and hang the employee out to dry. Only a fool would expect loyalty when an organization is seeking to cover its ass.

I have seen it and experienced it.

Paul

Unfortunately, I have too.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Cops in the big cities nearest me bring home 6 figures with OT & side work.

Opie at Mayberry PD doesn't do so well but the city cops do quite nicely.

Politics is War by Other Means
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 1minute, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 53 invisible), 2,506 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,474
Posts18,471,489
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.