-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
every LEO or soldier knows about vital neck area , and so did Derek Chauvin .

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Last edited by persiandog; 05/31/20.
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
One thing that the above diagram doesn't show is the vagus nerves. Most martial arts practitioners know that a punch, a kick, or even a hard open-handed slap to the area just below the jaw hinge on either side of the neck can produce almost immediate "rubber-leg" where the recipient of the hit drops to the ground almost instantly. For us old geezers who walk with a cane, it's a very good "first strike" move, especially if the cane has several ounces of lead poured into the tip area. Constant pressure on those nerves for several minutes can disrupt all sorts of bodily functions, particularly heartbeat and respiration, without leaving any evidence for a medical examiner to discover.
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
One thing that the above diagram doesn't show is the vagus nerves. Most martial arts practitioners know that a punch, or even a hard open-handed slap to the area just below the jaw hinge on either side of the neck can produce almost immediate "rubber-leg" where the recipient of the hit drops to the ground almost instantly. For us old geezers who walk with a cane, it's a very good "first strike" move, especially if the cane has several ounces of lead poured into the tip area. Constant pressure on those nerves for several minutes can disrupt all sorts of bodily functions, particularly heartbeat and respiration, without leaving any evidence for a medical examiner to discover.
Jerry

wink

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
One thing that the above diagram doesn't show is the vagus nerves. Most martial arts practitioners know that a punch, a kick, or even a hard open-handed slap to the area just below the jaw hinge on either side of the neck can produce almost immediate "rubber-leg" where the recipient of the hit drops to the ground almost instantly. For us old geezers who walk with a cane, it's a very good "first strike" move, especially if the cane has several ounces of lead poured into the tip area. Constant pressure on those nerves for several minutes can disrupt all sorts of bodily functions, particularly heartbeat and respiration, without leaving any evidence for a medical examiner to discover.
Jerry

I think crushing the voice box(larynx) is faster , more effective and quicker.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Local young fellow (non LEO), worked part-time as a bouncer at a bar, got early release from prison last year after serving about a year and a half for killing a unruly customer with a 'text book' choke-hold.

IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by persiandog

I support LEOs doing their jobs and know many incidents aren't pretty but once they guy's in handcuffs, the knee (especially on the neck) was unnecessary IMO.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Originally Posted by persiandog

I support LEOs doing their jobs and know many incidents aren't pretty but once they guy's in handcuffs, the knee (especially on the neck) was unnecessary IMO.

Yup.

Tarquin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Yup.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
next time you go to chiropodist , ask her to avoid your neck and play with you balls.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
There is another short video clip showing another officer kneeling on his lower or middle back. He had 2 men kneeling on him so he couldn't draw a full breath. When I was working the cops would call us for any and every little complaint from an arrestee. There was no judgement from the cops. Sore finger to chest pain. We fully evaluated every chickenshit medical complaint thoroughly to clear both the cops and ourselves. WE told the arrestee that we were not giving him a get out of jail card that he would go the the hospital in cuffs.
That cop Chauvin was guilty of being too stupid to realize evidence was being gathered on him at the moment in the form of civilian phone videos.

Last edited by smarquez; 06/01/20.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smarquez
There is another short video clip showing another officer kneeling on his lower or middle back. He had 2 men kneeling on him so he couldn't draw a full breath. When I was working the cops would call us for any and every little complaint from an arrestee. There was no judgement from the cops. Sore finger to chest pain. We fully evaluated every chickenshit medical complaint thoroughly to clear both the cops and ourselves. WE told the arrestee that we were not giving him a get out of jail card that he would go the the hospital in cuffs.
That cop Chauvin was guilty of being too stupid to realize evidence was being gathered on him at the moment in the form of civilian phone videos.

In Sunnyvale California an EMT/PO hit me so hard I woke up in hospital be about 30 minutes later ! because : I didn't want to go to hospital !

there are some really poorly trained EMT and LOEs out there.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Jerry

Yes, and most martial arts practitioners know that once an opponent passes out or taps out you immediately release the blood or chokehold.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

707 members (10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 1234, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 69 invisible), 2,853 guests, and 1,461 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,731
Posts18,475,935
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.