Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Why do AA's riot, loot, and generally become destructive mobs when the opportunity arises? I'm not talking about the organizers, but the opportunists that jump in, smash windows, burn cars and buildings, beat up people just for the hell of it.

Sociologists will tell you that it is a function of poverty, a lack of education, frustration at social injustice, frustration over the lack of opportunity. However, they never get right down to the root causes.

1.) The inability to control emotions and urges
2.) Lack of respect for other people's property

Sorry, but both of these traits are conditions of an evolving and advancing society that are absent in these groups. These traits are also essential for societal law and order.

Growing up in and around Atlanta, as well as traveling sub Saharan Africa and the Caribbean, I've had plenty of time to observe AA's at work and play. One common theme in the ones that do not advance and succeed is the inability to control urges and impulses or to control emotions. They get angry about anything, fly off the handle, and immediately want to fight someone somewhere. They cannot control their emotions or their urges. Hit, shoot, stab, verbally assault, or lash out in any way, they have no inner voice of reason to back them down. This is why they go from calm, to in your face, to violent quickly.

Controlling urges also go with the ability to be selective with alcohol, sex, drugs. They are ruled by the concept of "If it feels good, do it!" and damn the consequences. They can't control their emotions enough to evaluate future consequences.

The lack of respect for other people's property seems universal be it Atlanta, South Africa, Jamaica, or wherever. Theft, robbery, larceny are rampant and universal. This is one thing the Black Community needs to get under control. Here in metro ATL, I've talked before how DeKalb Co and other areas were exclusively the White suburbia middle class bedroom communities 40-50 years ago. AA's have advances economically to the point where they now are the majority in those same neighborhoods. 4+ bedroom homes, 2 cars, subdivisions, schools, all the stuff the White folks had 30-40 years ago right there. One difference? Burgerlery and violent crime is higher. People get their possessions stolen at a much higher rate. Is it the hood rats coming out to suburbia to rip them off? Some of it is, most of it is homegrown and perpetrated by the under 30 crowd.

So when we see young AA's out smashing windows and stealing iPhones and shoes from retail stores, it has nothing to do with poverty. Firebombing some random car has nothing to do with social injustice or what some cop did 2000 miles away. It is about the lack of impulse control and the lack of respect for other people's property. Cynics will point to a lack of cultural evolution. Whatever it might be, these two traits are at the core of the behavior. It's not about the cops.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
As described earlier,,,,,a lot like Pit Bulls.

Cultural Evolution.
Now there’s a thought!!

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Hat, I'd just have to guess, if your family had not owned anything, you'd have no respect for anyone's?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It's Party Time!!!

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Hat, I'd just have to guess, if your family had not owned anything, you'd have no respect for anyone's?

Really, Wabi ?

That’s a piss poor guess, Pard. Just another excuse is what you’ve just said.

Some of us have been to and lived in places that put the definition into “poor”. Those folks in those places seldom if ever acted in such a manner.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
"Do not leave your bicycle anywhere in Glasgow even for a minute, or it will be stolen."

Said to me by a Glasgow resident, June 2016.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Looter captured by police in dramatic incident reveals motive — and it has nothing to do with George Floyd

Just like all my real ones tryna do, just tryna get some monies'

A man who was apprehended by police in Los Angeles on Sunday for looting a business revealed his motive and the motive of other looters — and it has nothing to do with the tragic death of George Floyd.

Dramatic footage showed Los Angeles police chase the looter, who was fleeing on foot after just escaping a looted New Balance store. The looter then surrenders to police and he is taken into custody.

As the unidentified man is sitting on the sidewalk in handcuffs, presumably waiting for his transportation to jail, KTTV-TV reporter Bill Melugin interviewed the looter.

The reporter asked, "Alright man, we saw you at the New Balance store. Why are you out here?"

"Uh, man, period, point blank. Just like all my real ones tryna do, just tryna get some monies," the looter replied. "There ain't no explanation. That's it."

When asked if his actions were related to the George Floyd protests, the looter was very candid.

"I mean, a little bit to do with that, too, you feel me? But not really. I am out here for the dough," the arrested man told the reporter.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/loote...d-it-has-nothing-to-do-with-george-floyd

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Really, Wabi ?

Some of us have been to and lived in places that put the definition into “poor”. Those folks in those places seldom if ever acted in such a manner.

I believe he's pretty much right.

The vast majority of those destroying everything have no skin in the game.

Perhaps that's why our founding fathers only allowed people who owned property and paid taxes to vote.

You can trace that deflection from the path to a whole world of problems caused by people voting themselves entitlements.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Same goes for: if you’ve inherited everything, it’s worth really ‘nothing’ (to you) because you sucked on fudge sicles while all previous generations paid all the sweat equity.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Really, Wabi ?

I believe he's pretty much right.

The vast majority of those destroying everything have no skin in the game.

Perhaps that's why our founding fathers only allowed people who owned property and paid taxes to vote.

You can trace that deflection from the path to a whole world of problems caused by people voting themselves entitlements.

The vast majority do have skin in the game. Political ones, namely Anarchy and to tear this Nation down to the core. It’s driven top, down.

IC B3

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
We know that the ancestors of all other peoples except Africans left Africa around 70,000 years ago. We know that isolated populations evolve toward different traits. In 70,000 years, it is not surprising that Caucasians, Asians, Aborigines, and Native Americans all ended up with different mental programming than Africans.

It's pretty obvious that all men are NOT created equal. Where does it say that? Thomas Jefferson wrote "all men are created equal" in the Declaration of Independence. I think he meant that Englishmen in Virginia were created equal to Englishmen in Britain. He obviously did not mean Negroes. That much is evident from his "Notes on the State of Virginia, "as well as the slaves he kept.

I do not think that all Negroes should be stifled and "kept down." Rather, every individual should be treated as an individual. There are great variations within any population. Many blacks will succeed in civilized society and many whites are scumbags.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Actually, before my family moved from the country
and left those hot cotton fields behind, none of
them had anything. You could put what they owned
( besides the clothes they were wearing ) in a
plastic Walmart grocery bag.
Years before I was born they'd bought a house and a
car and had considerable more possessions than
one set of worn working clothes and one set of
Sunday clothes.
They got all that by working hard and not spending
all their earnings on dope and booze and lotto tickets
and Nike apparel and take out food.
There wasn't any welfare or unemployment to be
had here in those days. If you didn't work to bring
in money, you didn't make it. You sure didn't steal
and get away with it

If you can't pull yourself out of the hole in a generation
you don't want to and probably never will

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
As described earlier,,,,,a lot like APES

Cultural Evolution.
Now there’s a thought!!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If you live in public housing AND all of your needs are met like a gerbil....food, air conditioning, medical, transportation

Then why does it look like a dump around there? Trash, blight?

...because of entitlement mentality? No pride of ownership?

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

What did JESUS and the disciples have?

The rioters have more than Ceasar had, except chariots and armies.

A/C, color TV, fried chicken, cold beer, cold wallermelon in summer, Nikes, bicycles, Basket Balls that bounce, free drs and meds, cars (they travel faster than King George or G Washington ever did), ....
wink

I Dindo Nuffin
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Ranger99

Actually, before my family moved from the country
and left those hot cotton fields behind, none of
them had anything. You could put what they owned
( besides the clothes they were wearing ) in a
plastic Walmart grocery bag.
Years before I was born they'd bought a house and a
car and had considerable more possessions than
one set of worn working clothes and one set of
Sunday clothes.
They got all that by working hard and not spending
all their earnings on dope and booze and lotto tickets
and Nike apparel and take out food.
There wasn't any welfare or unemployment to be
had here in those days. If you didn't work to bring
in money, you didn't make it. You sure didn't steal
and get away with it

If you can't pull yourself out of the hole in a generation
you don't want to and probably never will

Yessir.

This is also an excellent point in the importance of family.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hahaha!

Hot on the trail of a solution this morning eh?

What a bunch of apathetic old farts.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think there is a 3rd reason. The desire (demand) for power and control. We all know if they had their way we would all be in gulags.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It's a great display of what made America and Americans great.

Family played a big part of that.

Wanting to be a citizen did as well.

In my opinion, citizenship needs to be earned now. Just as it was back then.

Most of these thugs don't even know what a citizen is. They are "subjects" to entitlements, and know that they can vote themselves more of them.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,269
Posts18,486,588
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.