Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 22 23
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Obviously lots of variations in experiences here with pit bulls.

But they have that name for a reason and I’m not one for having any dog around that I feel I have to keep an eye on constantly.

To each his own,,,until he comes in my yard.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by okie

Never thought I would see a Pitt that was as sweet as a Lab but I guess we got lucky. She's a keeper.

Until you gt unlucky and she isn't sweet any more.

Fool.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
...you know a man without a dog doesn't have jack [bleep]. MB

Yeah but a lot of us are smart enough to (a) stay on topic and (b) know what the term "paragraph" means.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by ctsmith
....he's dead. Bank it.

My neighbor suffered an unprovoked attack at his father's house. Father's new woman friend had the dog at father's house. Father and son were in the kitchen. Dog came charging in the kitchen. Did his best to fend the dog off. Lost a toe and most likely his thumb will have to be removed. The man works on his feet with his hands both at his day job of a linesman and tending to his chicken houses. His teenage daughter could have easily been the victim, and probably would have been killed. I am livid.

That really sucks. He'll have to work around those issues the rest of his life but at least he's still alive.

There may be some good pit/pit crosses out there. I'll never know as there are just way to many bad ones to risk it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have seen propaganda here and there (especially social media and yes being there is a mistake) that shows the purported amount of bites by breed.

Small dogs are always first

Pit bulls are always last

Even if that is true, the amount of damage done per attack is conspicuous in its absence. Have a feeling that would be an interesting metric.

Last edited by Igloo; 06/03/20.

But I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier,
The last of Barrett's Privateers
IC B2

C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Igloo
Have seen propaganda here and there (especially social media and yes being there is a mistake) that shows the purported amount of bites by breed.

Thats like saying more people are shot with a BB gun than a 30-06.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
I rescued a Rez dog, non pit. That little bastid is turning out to be a one dog raiding party all his own.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
The theory that poorly trained pits are the only ones that attack is horse [bleep].

You ever seen a retriever that doesn't retrieve?

A pointer that doesn't point?

A hound that doesn't sniff?

A herder that doesn't herd?

With enough training maybe you could discourage these traits, but you'll never get rid of them.

Well, this.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah.

Happy to hear some have had good experiences and are responsible owners who realize their risks.

Most owners where I am at...don't seem to be so much.

Last edited by Igloo; 06/03/20.

But I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier,
The last of Barrett's Privateers
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by slumlord
We have one member on here that’s killed over 200 pit bulls.
He won’t post any pics or reply to me though. I just want one pic and I’ll believe the other 199
I did reply to you and as a matter of fact. The post #14910381) was on 5-25-20 and I do have a few pictures which I would be quite reluctant to put out on the internet. It's not hard to eliminate up to 7 or 8 a year. If you are ever down this way I'll be glad to show you the 70 acre place the pits and their hybrids are raised. PM me with your phone number and I'll be glad to tell you all about it.
Do you think there’s a puppy mill in that trailer park?Or a dog fighting ring?
It's not exactly a trailer park. About 6 or 7 trailers scattered about on undivided heir property. There is just uncontrolled breeding of dogs. One year before I could kill them they had 3 running in a pack that killed every fawn within a half mile. They're not fighting or selling dogs to my knowledge. I learned by bitter experience many years ago not to report problems to dog owners or parents of bad kids. You would understand if you saw the setup. One gyp dog can raise you 10 a year easily. It's a constant issue.
sounds like your typical high intelligence pit owners
My adjacent neighbor to the north had a calf killed by a pack of the local pit hybrid dogs. 5 of them, a mama dog and 4 yearling pups about 40 lbs. each. They ran off and escaped when he drove up. He went back home and sneaked back on foot and climbed up in an elevated deer stand and waited with a rifle. Shortly the dogs returned to the bait. He shot the mama dog and then picked off the younger ones at leisure as they milled about confused.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by atse
A 19 year old girl was severely mauled here last week as she walked a pit from the shelter. She had walked it many times and it was her favorite. It chewed up both arms and a leg, dragging her into the brush. Other walkers heard her screaming, and called the cops. She was lifeflighted to Missoula for surgery. Thankfully she is going to be all right. The police found the dog, which had finally left the girl and shot it. I have no tolerance for pits, or any other dogs running. I shot 2 dogs chasing deer a while back, and shot a dog chasing my boys lambs a few years back. The owners kept their other dog a little closer to home.

You sure it wasnt a dangerous ankle biter?

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
We have one member on here that’s killed over 200 pit bulls.
He won’t post any pics or reply to me though. I just want one pic and I’ll believe the other 199
I did reply to you and as a matter of fact. The post #14910381) was on 5-25-20 and I do have a few pictures which I would be quite reluctant to put out on the internet. It's not hard to eliminate up to 7 or 8 a year. If you are ever down this way I'll be glad to show you the 70 acre place the pits and their hybrids are raised. PM me with your phone number and I'll be glad to tell you all about it.
Do you think there’s a puppy mill in that trailer park?Or a dog fighting ring?
It's not exactly a trailer park. About 6 or 7 trailers scattered about on undivided heir property. There is just uncontrolled breeding of dogs. One year before I could kill them they had 3 running in a pack that killed every fawn within a half mile. They're not fighting or selling dogs to my knowledge. I learned by bitter experience many years ago not to report problems to dog owners or parents of bad kids. You would understand if you saw the setup. One gyp dog can raise you 10 a year easily. It's a constant issue.
sounds like your typical high intelligence pit owners
My adjacent neighbor to the north had a calf killed by a pack of the local pit hybrid dogs. 5 of them, a mama dog and 4 yearling pups about 40 lbs. each. They ran off and escaped when he drove up. He went back home and sneaked back on foot and climbed up in an elevated deer stand and waited with a rifle. Shortly the dogs returned to the bait. He shot the mama dog and then picked off the younger ones at leisure as they milled about confused.

Good job.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Let me guess.

It was a "rescue?"

Of course dum women luv to save pits

Interesting note. Most of the pit aggression I have seen at parks were "rescues" with a female owner.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Originally Posted by GregW
Where I grew up in the country with goats, sheep, etc. , Any loose dog was shot on site. And the owner would have no problem with it.

Pits are not a dog persons dog. Why have one?

My take is women get pit rescues because they think they can change them. Just like dating an abusive cheating boy friend and/or husband. Many of the gals worship the ghetto lifestyle

Guys with insecurity issues own them because they think it makes them look tough.

Both groups weren't raised with animals and have zero experience living and raising and training and understanding animal behavior. They have no clue how to properly take care of and manage their animals and the project their feelings on them a lot. "Oh he would never hurt anyone and he loves children". Just clueless and dangerous group. Like giving an 8 year old a case of dynamite and a box of scorpions.

I have one animal under my care, a 9 year old pit. Best dog I’ve had. I trust her more than about all but 3 people on this planet.

FYI most owners say the same thing right up until the dog gnaws the face off of their infant.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where I grew up in the country with goats, sheep, etc. , Any loose dog was shot on site. And the owner would have no problem with it.

My take is women get pit rescues because they think they can change them. Just like dating an abusive cheating boy friend and/or husband. Many of the gals worship the ghetto lifestyle

Guys with insecurity issues own them because they think it makes them look tough.

Both groups weren't raised with animals and have zero experience living and raising and training and understanding animal behavior. They have no clue how to properly take care of and manage their animals and the project their feelings on them a lot. "Oh he would never hurt anyone and he loves children". Just clueless and dangerous group. Like giving an 8 year old a case of dynamite and a box of scorpions.

I have one animal under my care, a 9 year old pit. Best dog I’ve had. I trust her more than about all but 3 people on this planet.

Last year visiting a friend in Montana who rescued a pit Mix 7 years ago. She bragged what a wonderful sweet dog it was. I met her dog a few times over the years but it was usually in her truck and seemed friendly . I had enough bad experiences with psycho pits to question her and she said her dog was the bestest and most loving dog.She grew up around animals and had horses too. We were out in her pasture and my griff was in my truck. She said let my dog out of truck and go for a hike with both dogs. I knew better but I let my griff, a great upland and waterfowl dog and a sweetheart, out of my truck. Her psycho pit was on my dog and it pinned to the ground by her throat within 10 seconds. My pistol was back in the truck. ( dumb me) I see the life slipping out of my dog and start kicking and stomping the pit but would not let go. I should have picked it up by its rear legs and slammed it against a nearby tree. Not thinking I dropped to my knees and jammed both thumbs deep into the pit's eye sockets and it let go and bit my left hand. I had to go to emergency room for a crushed bone on my hand and take dog to the vet for stitches.

Any pit off a leash that comes near me is going too get shot. Ive seen too many children horribly disfigured or killed by pits. Maybe a generalization but all Pit owners are dangerous too because they know absolutely nothing about their psycho animals.

Jam your finger up the dog's ass. It WILL let go, it keeps you further from the business end and for some strange reason, it sucks the fight right out of them. I know of one very reliable account of this working and I have heard of others. https://www.google.com/search?q=fin...138j1j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
See all the single parent, no discipline idiots running the streets? Well, that's dogs too.

Women should not have big/mean dogs. 999 out of 1000 women have no idea how to be the Alpha and are unable to control dogs.

Conversely, most single parent, nancy boys have no business owning them either.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Friend of mine lived down on the Border. He had some cows on a piece of property he owned. Illegals just getting worse and worse until they had a "Colonia" near him. He said every family had two or three dogs they couldn't feed. Typical things happening to his cattle. He ended up utilizing the tried-and-true antifreeze method and killed something like thirty in one night!

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Igloo

Thats like saying more people are shot with a BB gun than a 30-06.

This. A nip by an ankle biter vs a crippling attack by a killer. I've never had a patient crippled or scarred for life by a small dog.

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/03/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Last year visiting a friend in Montana who rescued a pit Mix 7 years ago. She bragged what a wonderful sweet dog it was. I met her dog a few times over the years but it was usually in her truck and seemed friendly . I had enough bad experiences with psycho pits to question her and she said her dog was the bestest and most loving dog.She grew up around animals and had horses too. We were out in her pasture and my griff was in my truck. She said let my dog out of truck and go for a hike with both dogs. I knew better but I let my griff, a great upland and waterfowl dog and a sweetheart, out of my truck. Her psycho pit was on my dog and it pinned to the ground by her throat within 10 seconds. My pistol was back in the truck. ( dumb me) I see the life slipping out of my dog and start kicking and stomping the pit but would not let go. I should have picked it up by its rear legs and slammed it against a nearby tree. Not thinking I dropped to my knees and jammed both thumbs deep into the pit's eye sockets and it let go and bit my left hand. I had to go to emergency room for a crushed bone on my hand and take dog to the vet for stitches.

Any pit off a leash that comes near me is going too get shot. Ive seen too many children horribly disfigured or killed by pits. Maybe a generalization but all Pit owners are dangerous too because they know absolutely nothing about their psycho animals.

Jam your finger up the dog's ass. It WILL let go, it keeps you further from the business end and for some strange reason, it sucks the fight right out of them. I know of one very reliable account of this working and I have heard of others. https://www.google.com/search?q=fin...138j1j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
I'll "stick" with the tried-and-true method of a 45 ACP to the head. Y'all can finger f u c k all the dawg's asses that you want. AlwaysIndoors likes Dogass.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
dog problems ? > SSS that`s how you handle it

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Page 4 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (1_deuce, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 12344mag, 1OntarioJim, 54 invisible), 2,273 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,135
Posts18,483,942
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.