Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Blackheart
We've got plenty of deer around dipshyt and dogs rarely catch healthy adult deer anyway. I've witnessed dogs running deer many times and know these things to be fact. None of my neighbors are white trash either. My next door neighbors are both veterinarians.

Dogs that run all over hell and chase deer will also chase cattle and horses.

BANG! BANG! BANG!
We've got horses in the pasture between our house and the neighbors. I can see them from my living room window. Not only have I never seen dogs chase them, the horses will run any dog that wanders into the pasture clean out of it in short order. Having come from a farming family, I've seen cattle do the same more than once.

LOL

You're full of fugking schit.
You stupid, ignorant city fuucks are a hoot.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I'm bettin' you couldn't swat the flies off of your internet badass.
Come see me. I'll swat those Dumbo ears right off your goofy lookin head. I wrestled and boxed in high school and have been in many bar fights since. If you think I'd be scared of you, you really are stupid.

The only athletics you participated in was while you were waving pom poms and trying to decide if it was time to do a perky pyramid or a peppy line dance.

Last edited by JGRaider; 06/04/20.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
If you give me a reason to kill your dog, I'm going to.

Kool..Shootout in small town Idaho..My gun is bigger than yours..LOL

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mr. Blackheart: I understand that people love their dogs and I think that you may very well be a good person. But no way is a livestock owner going to remain in business by allowing dogs to pillage the neighborhood. I gave up trying to talk to dog owners about their dog's depredations and bad behavior years ago. Business is handled and I don't complain and I don't explain. By the way I have lived in a rural environment all my life and have owned livestock for almost 50 years. And also have owned and loved dogs most of my life. We are talking about bad dogs, it's not like we're talking about offing a misbehaving child.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Come see me. I'll swat those Dumbo ears right off your goofy lookin head. I wrestled and boxed in high school and have been in many bar fighrs since. If you think I'd be scared of you, you really are stupid.

The custom pistol smith is also a boxer.

LOL
I was a custom rifle smith at one time too. A rifle I built was featured in Safari Club magazine back in the 90's and I was mentioned as the builder in the article . Too bad you don't know shyt about guns.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Come see me. I'll swat those Dumbo ears right off your goofy lookin head. I wrestled and boxed in high school and have been in many bar fights since. If you think I'd be scared of you, you really are stupid.

The only athletics you participated in was while you were waving pom poms and trying to decide if it was time to do a perky pyramid or a peppy line dance.
Projecting again I see. You don't know much about anything at all.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Hastings
Mr. Blackheart: I understand that people love their dogs and I think that you may very well be a good person. But no way is a livestock owner going to remain in business by allowing dogs to pillage the neighborhood. I gave up trying to talk to dog owners about their dog's depredations and bad behavior years ago. Business is handled and I don't complain and I don't explain. By the way I have lived in a rural environment all my life and have owned livestock for almost 50 years. And also have owned and loved dogs most of my life. We are talking about bad dogs, it's not like we're talking about offing a misbehaving child.
It's just funny you have so much trouble with dogs when none of the farmers I know around here ever did. If a dog is killing your livestock I certainly understand shooting it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

very well said. i might add that dogs running deer around here are shot on sight. a pair of dogs can run a deer to death. they can also harass cattle into fences and cause massive losses from Vet bills and time lost repairing fences, rounding up stock etc.
i am a dog lover and usually cry my eyes out when i lose one, but not a twinge of regret taking out a chaser.
there is an old saying, one dog ,half a brain. two dogs no brain. this apply's to loose dogs for sure.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by logcutter

Bring a tarp.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I was a custom rifle smith at one time too. A rifle I built was featured in Safari Club magazine back in the 90's and I was mentioned as the builder in the article . Too bad you don't know shyt about guns.

Cool.

Which issue?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
It's just funny you have so much trouble with dogs when none of the farmers I know around here ever did. If a dog is killing your livestock I certainly understand shooting it.

LOL

"A farming family."

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Bring a tarp.

I have plenty..Which color do you prefer?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Miami-Dade became annoyed with them and acted accordingly.

https://library.municode.com/fl/mia...ances?nodeId=PTIIICOOR_CH5ANFO_S5-17LEIN

I was good with that until I got to this....

Sec. 5-16. - Taking of peafowl prohibited.

(a)It shall be unlawful for any person to take any peafowl.
(b)As used in this section, "take" means taking, attempting to take, hunting, molesting, capturing, or killing any peafowl, their nests or eggs, by any means, whether or not such actions result in obtaining possession of peafowl or their nests or eggs.
(c)Exceptions.

(1)The prohibitions of this section shall not apply on property zoned for agricultural use and used for a bona fide agricultural purpose.

(2)Nothing in this section shall prevent a property owner from removing peafowl from his or her own property in a manner that does not physically injure the peafowl.

Roosters don't trouble me at all....

But PEACOCKS? Every time I hear one of them fuggers wailing I figure its prob'ly driving ever'body who lives there nuts.

This is prob'ly why roosters that are still living are so much more common.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by deerstalker

very well said. i might add that dogs running deer around here are shot on sight. a pair of dogs can run a deer to death. they can also harass cattle into fences and cause massive losses from Vet bills and time lost repairing fences, rounding up stock etc.
i am a dog lover and usually cry my eyes out when i lose one, but not a twinge of regret taking out a chaser.
there is an old saying, one dog ,half a brain. two dogs no brain. this apply's to loose dogs for sure.
As far as dogs running deer to death. Can and do are most often two different things. Sure they can under the right circumstances but they rarely do. Coyotes, black bears and automobiles kill far more deer than dogs.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

LOL

"A farming family."
With both grandparents being dairy farmers I spent lots of time on farms.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

Cool.

Which issue?
I honestly don't remember. I don't have the issue anymore. Lots of stuff got destroyed in the flood.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

As far as dogs running deer to death. Can and do are most often two different things. Sure they can under the right circumstances but they rarely do. Coyotes, black bears and automobiles kill far more deer than dogs.

I will say this, I never saw so many dead roadkill dogs by the side of the highway as I did on my first road trip to the Southern States. Still remains the same today. Folks up North prob'ly don't realize just how many strays the winter quietly takes care of for 'em.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You invented dairy farming didn't you?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I will say this, I never saw so many dead roadkill dogs by the side of the highway as I did on my first road trip to the Southern States. Still remains the same today. Folks up North prob'ly don't realize just how many strays the winter quietly takes care of for 'em.
Coulb be. You don't see many dead dogs along the roads here as I'm sure you know. Not a whole lotta strays around either.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I have plenty..Which color do you prefer?

Whichever size I can I need to fit you and your dog into.

Page 13 of 23 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

329 members (257 mag, 1badf350, 160user, 260Remguy, 06hunter59, 257 roberts, 32 invisible), 2,068 guests, and 1,081 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,328
Posts18,526,547
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.