Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
L
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
L

With the pathetic caving and apologies from the Brees family to Gooddell I've had enough. I limited my time last year and now am committed to not watching it.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
What took you so long? Been boycotting the NFL long enough I can't remember when I started.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I stopped long ago. I never was big into it. If I am in the living room and my wife turns a game on, I am not going to leave the room. A few times I have gone to gatherings where games were on TV. I haven't turned on a NFL game in 4 years. This will make my 5th season.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 06/07/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I stopped years ago. As far as I am concerned, NFL died of "Colon" cancer.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have not for 2 years, and will not in the future. I can't even tell you who won or even played in the last Superbowl. And I will admit to thinking Terry Bradshaw was dam cool, when I was 9 yrs old..Rocky Blair, Franco Harris etc...Staubach was a class act as well, but it's a different sport now, and I'm not supporting it.

The POS Kaperbiatch was the end for me.

Cowardice is the greatest pandemic that has ever affected mankind.
IC B2

L
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Some games are no doubt enjoyable to watch. But the recent "Woke" half-time shows, response to the kneeling and ungrateful millionaires have left a really bad taste in my mouth. A lot of people say they won't watch and then cave.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Already have! Don't miss it or care, Same withe NBA!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Quit watching that crap when Marino stepped away from the Dolphins.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Peyton Manning retiring took away 50% of my reason to watch. Tom Brady Leaving NE took away the other 50%. It is now totally dead.

I guess with Direct TV I still support it, de facto.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I stopped long ago. I never was big into it. If I am in the living room and my wife turns a game on, I am not going to leave the room. A few times I have gone to gatherings where games were on TV. I haven't turned on a NFL game in 4 years. This will make my 5th season.

This ^^

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B3

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I quit watching more than 10 years ago. I have better things to do with my time than watch a bunch of over-grown children play a game. I'd rather go fishing or hunting. If they never play another game it won't matter to me.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I enjoy NFL football and will continue to watch, while they are playing.
I will not watch any of their P.C activities.
I treat pre-game and half time as time to make a burger or get a beer, exactly what it’s for.
One commentator makes one stupid commit and I’m on the mute button

MOLON LABE
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
No offense intended, but I will not let the Colin Kappernicks of the world cause me to change my behaviour.

MOLON LABE
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I have no desire to spend time watching any black dominated sports these days.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Older threads on the subject:

BOYCOTT the NFL!

Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Didn't watch a single game last season and won't watch them this season either. It goes well beyond just the Krapertwit deal. Lots of their players feel the same as he does as well. But more than that, the NFL has tried to twist city and state government arms over PC nonsense like the transgender bathroom bills in Texas and North Carolina.

Keep It Up! A Nation In Protest.. Supporting Our Flag!

Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Outrage at the anthem kneeling is all well and good. The NFL seeking to thwart local legislation is equally disturbing. Texas Governor Greg Abbot stated it well:

Said Abbott on Tuesday: “For some low-level NFL adviser to come out and say that they are going to micromanage and try to dictate to the state of Texas what types of policies we’re going to pass in our state, that’s unacceptable.

“We don’t care what the NFL thinks and certainly what their political policies are because they are not a political arm of the state of Texas or the United States of America. They need to learn their place in the United States, which is to govern football, not politics.”

NBA joins NFL to warn Texas over transgender bathroom bill - dallasnews.com

NBA and NFL turn up heat on North Carolina over transgender bathrooms - lifesitenews.com

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Stopped watching many years ago, like 40 years ago! No reason to start now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Leatherneck

With the pathetic caving and apologies from the Brees family to Gooddell I've had enough. I limited my time last year and now am committed to not watching it.

Better add these to the list:

Must be boycotted

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
I was born and raised a 49ers fan and have watched and followed them since John Brodie was their quarterback. Best thing they ever did was get rid of Kaepernick. I can't stand that azzhole. I've always held that if the NFL players want to protest or take up a cause, they can do it on their own time and NOT during a game while they represent a team. If I were an owner, it would be my policy that while they're in uniform, playing a game, they are on the clock and getting paid by me to play football, NOT make a political statement.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Haven't watched in years and years anyway.

the "action", if you can call it that, is way to slow for my tastes. Too many huddles, tosses to the sidelines to stop the clock, penalties, and timeouts for my tastes.

You guys that like it, go ahead and enjoy...............or not. I'll not fault you for it.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I enjoyed watching these guys win the NCAA Championship. But that was long ago in a galaxy far away.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]do betta fish need air

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (358wsm, 300_savage, 358WCF, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 11 invisible), 1,269 guests, and 811 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,212
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.