Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Terry_M Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
This is just one more, in a long list of reasons, I ditched FB years ago.

https://summit.news/2020/06/11/face...-doesnt-violate-its-community-standards/

What a total cesspool.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Never was on it.

The bad points to it always outweighed the good ones for me.

Last edited by Valsdad; 06/11/20.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It started as a data mining project.
It worked better than the BGs ever imagined.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I started a Facebook account years ago, right after it got started. I had tons of messages everyday from people wanting to be my friend, didn't have a clue who they were. It took sixty days to completely delete my account. I didn't want any part of the chit. Same with the wife, she bailed at the same time I did. Our daughter-in-laws live for that chit. I can't understand the attraction. Why would I want the entire world to know every time I take a crap or fix lunch. I don't have time for that, even though I'm retired and have plenty time to do whatever I want to do. BS in my opinion!

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Its a poison and time has proven it along with other social media sites will rot your brain and indoctrinate those that feed from it.

IC B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Yes, I am, but only for a means to communicate with folks. Being military, far from home often, and seldom make it back to my home town, it is nice to keep some semblance of communication with some of my family and friends. I have long since stopped posting most anything political or what have you. Just pictures of family, friends, and pets. However, I fully understand the disdain and resistance towards FB.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
No, I’ve seen far too much bad come from it.

I’ve known several people that were fired from their jobs because of things posted on Facebook that their employers took offense to.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I use it extensively for work, so I have to stay on it. There is a strong market for an unbiased competitor.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Still there. Lots of family to stay in touch with. I do admit to making a liberal head explode from time to time.

Sam......

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I’ve never been on Facebook

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Never had it,never will. This site is the closet thing to social media I have.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Just like anything it is what you make it and you control the level of personal info drama shared. I will say it has me read right, any suggested pages, ads, links are all pro hunting/fishing/Trump/conservative/shooting, I get no liberal bullchit.

Looking at suggested pages for me...

AZ 2A 67000 members
Broadhead Nation 22000 members
Coues deer hunting
Fish Az
Grand Canyon hikers
Back country hunters and gear
Az elk hunter
FLOTUS Melania 400000 members
PragerU fan club
Hunt gather cook
Thomas Sowell Quotes Group for our Top Fans.
Local buy and sell groups

That's just a few and they are all like that, I belong to 2 groups 1 archery and another hunting/outdoors. Otherwise I keep tabs on family and friends, no one forces me to post anything, if I do it's about my family or a project or hunting/fishing trip... about the same stuff I do here.

A lot less political bullchit and drama on facebook than here.

Kent

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I use it extensively for work, so I have to stay on it. There is a strong market for an unbiased competitor.

Same here. it's great for finding people who don't want to be found (especially their jobs) if you know what you are doing. I also like it for the marketplace and the hunting/camping/outdoor groups I belong to, but I'm taking a long break from it right now. The stupid BLM BS everywhere was pissing me off.

I do wish there was a viable alternative that though.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Never been on it.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Never have, never will, just another .gov spy sight ran by a commie joo.

Trump Won!
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Any media site, including whoever hosts this site is owned by the liberal left... I see people saying don't support google but constantly post youtube videos who is owned by... google... if you turn on the internet you are supporting liberal media period... thinking you aren't is silly.

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Anyway, whatever media outlet you decide to participate in, be a reasonable voice for conservative values, use their site for the good side.

Kent

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Yes, i use it to keep in touch with friends and family that live far away and all over the country. I don't friend you unless you are a real friend or a close family member. Never really had any problem. Im dang careful on what I post. I have very few friends from where I live as we can get together. If I see a friend that doesnt have good judgement or is post nothing but negative stuff they get defriended or put on 30 day rest on my newsfeed.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I tried it for about two months, maybe a dozen years ago.. It was a total pita and I got out asap - never to return.. I won't even touch any link to FB..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I make around $2000-$3000 in sales each year off of my Facebook page for my beekeeping business. In addition to advertising our honey, wax, etc. I also post educational material for the non-beekeeping public. It has over 800 followers from nearly every country in the world

I manage a page for our local beekeeping page that is used to disseminate educational/how-to material for beekeepers, connects new beekeepers with beekeeping mentors, and helps folks connect with beekeepers to remove swarms/hives from their property. Like my personal page we have a multinational readership.

I also manage a page for the congregation that we worship with. We post religious articles, sermon video/audio, and help folks find local congregations to worship with. We have a multinational audience as well.

Facebook is like any other tool. You can put it to good use, or you can post funny cat videos. Your call.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (160user, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 2500HD, 1minute, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,500 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,686
Posts18,494,041
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.