Hop To
Page 21 of 95 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 94 95
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 358wsm
Originally Posted by antlers
Fortunately, one’s salvation does NOT depend on the Biblical story of Creation.

antlers,

What then.?
I'm not sure what your answer will be, but I suspect after reading some of your positions you might respond with "the resurrection."

But I speculate here, and not wanting to put words in your mouth I respectfully await your answer(s).

And understand please that I'm not pretending to have a position, i am just putting the question to you out of interest.

thank you.

'...For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?...”

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
GB4

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
Something isn't a fact if there are alternative explanations for what is observed.

Your belief is in evolution, mine is in creation. Neither can be proven, but there is evidence for both. Here's the rest of my post which Hawkeye responded to:

Originally Posted by Valsdad
I thought you folks hashed this all out a few month back.

Big thread, many pages.

Can't remember who won.

Yep, been beat to death several times over many pages. Nobody "won" then, and nobody is going to win now. You will either die and find out what actually happened, or you will just die. Me, I think I know what happened and I expect to have it confirmed.

Sad that many allow the theory of evolution to prevent them from believing in Jesus.

On my screen there are 19 pages so far....and nobody's won...and nobody's going to win.

I'm not sure this is about winning or losing. I believe it is more about Starman and antelope sniper and others seeking validation from others that their believe in an absence of God justifies and validates their belief of no greater power than man in the universe, and jaguartx and others merely stating their acceptance of the presence of God in their life and beliefs. It amazes me that the the non-believers in God must continuously blow these threads up to validate their reasoning and prove the believers in the existence of God wrong and ridicule them for their beliefs. I tend to side with the opinion of renegade about the whole thing and see no need to quote Einstein or the Freedom From Religion website to prove someone else with a different opinion wrong if they don't believe the same as I do and aren't willing to validate my beliefs also. If you don't believe in a greater presence than man, just move along and be comfortable in your own opinions and beliefs.

Christians are instructed to spread the gospel, so when discussions on the origin of the world pop up, we engage in these debates out of love for our fellow man and concern for their souls (even though it seems futile). I am not sure what motivates non-believers.

Understood completely. Which is why hopefully Christians will realize that Christ is a false god and following him is the pathway to hell. It is my love of my fellow man and my concern for their souls (even though it seems futile). I am not sure what motivates christians to follow a false prophet.

I pray for their souls.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by RemModel8
Something isn't a fact if there are alternative explanations for what is observed.

Your belief is in evolution, mine is in creation. Neither can be proven, but there is evidence for both. Here's the rest of my post which Hawkeye responded to:

Big thread, many pages.

Can't remember who won.

Yep, been beat to death several times over many pages. Nobody "won" then, and nobody is going to win now. You will either die and find out what actually happened, or you will just die. Me, I think I know what happened and I expect to have it confirmed.

Sad that many allow the theory of evolution to prevent them from believing in Jesus.

On my screen there are 19 pages so far....and nobody's won...and nobody's going to win.

I'm not sure this is about winning or losing. I believe it is more about Starman and antelope sniper and others seeking validation from others that their believe in an absence of God justifies and validates their belief of no greater power than man in the universe, and jaguartx and others merely stating their acceptance of the presence of God in their life and beliefs. It amazes me that the the non-believers in God must continuously blow these threads up to validate their reasoning and prove the believers in the existence of God wrong and ridicule them for their beliefs. I tend to side with the opinion of renegade about the whole thing and see no need to quote Einstein or the Freedom From Religion website to prove someone else with a different opinion wrong if they don't believe the same as I do and aren't willing to validate my beliefs also. If you don't believe in a greater presence than man, just move along and be comfortable in your own opinions and beliefs.

Christians are instructed to spread the gospel, so when discussions on the origin of the world pop up, we engage in these debates out of love for our fellow man and concern for their souls (even though it seems futile). I am not sure what motivates non-believers.

Understood completely. Which is why hopefully Christians will realize that Christ is a false god and following him is the pathway to hell. It is my love of my fellow man and my concern for their souls (even though it seems futile). I am not sure what motivates christians to follow a false prophet.

I pray for their souls.

Far out, what god is it that you are praying to? Where did you hear about him/her/it? What are the tenets of your faith? Sounds like you have a hell, too. What a coinkydink.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Big thread, many pages.

Can't remember who won.

I pray for their souls.

Far out, what god is it that you are praying to? Where did you hear about him/her/it? What are the tenets of your faith? Sounds like you have a hell, too. What a coinkydink.

Why are you worried about what I believe? I'm sorry you are going to hell, but it's your choice.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

Big thread, many pages.

Can't remember who won.

I pray for their souls.

His god is GOD.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by jaguartx

His god is GOD.

I don't think so, Jag. I think he is being facetious and denigrating the concern Christians have for others' souls. So be it.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Savage_Hunter

ever heard the saying "Praise God and Pass the Ammo"?

Its just knuckle head stuff like "there are no atheists
in a foxhole"

Millions have died in combat believing in a God
that supposedly could save their ass but didn't.

.. and millions of like civilians dead on top of that.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

. I believe it is more about Starman and antelope sniper and others seeking validation from others that their believe in an absence of God justifies and validates their belief of no greater power than man in the universe,

Where have I ever stated that No Form [of what
you chose to call God ] exists?

Who says any such God is actually like the Judeo
Christian primitive narrative one?

Originally Posted by Northman
Thankfully man will never be able to disprove the existence of God.. .

Thankfully man will never disprove the existence of Odin, Tor, Freya, Loki, Balder and all the other Gods my ancestors followed... or the other 20.000+++ Gods other people belive in.

Countless unanswered prayers do not support
a christian God... and stories of miracles that
Christians say could all be allegorical /myth
do not support a Christian God.

One has got as much chance of succcess praying
to what Christians call false gods.

Christians are basically saying their feeble imaginations
are superior to all others.

Children grow up and stop believing in a Cinderella
fairy Godmother turning a pumpkin into a carriage,
and you'd be concerned about their mental health
if they still believed such as an adult.... yet many
Christians remain in such a naive state their whole
lives.. 😂

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by muffin
Originally Posted by antlers
Fortunately, one’s salvation does NOT depend on the Biblical story of Creation.

antlers,

What then.?
I'm not sure what your answer will be, but I suspect after reading some of your positions you might respond with "the resurrection."

But I speculate here, and not wanting to put words in your mouth I respectfully await your answer(s).

And understand please that I'm not pretending to have a position, i am just putting the question to you out of interest.

thank you.

'...For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?...”

muffin,

Thank you for a response.

Perhaps I wasnt clear.
I am asking, apart from "depending on the biblical story.." what then.???

And again, I am simply asking.

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Starman

Where have I ever stated that No Form [of what
you chose to call God ] exists?

Who says any such God is actually like the Judeo
Christian primitive narrative one?

Countless unanswered prayers do not support
a christian God... and stories of miracles that
Christians say could all be allegorical /myth
do not support a Christian God.

One has got as much chance of succcess praying
to what Christians call false gods.

Christians are basically saying their feeble imaginations
are superior to all others.

You and AS and the rest of the swine will just have to live with the fact that numerous Christians believe by faith the Holy Bible is the inherent word of God spoken through the prophets. You don't like it, too bad, and believe what you wish. just as I will do. Like I told the intellectually dishonest AS many times before, some day we'll see won't we?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
A question for the literalists and young Earth believers.

We know there have been nine species within our Homo genus, including the "Red Deer Cave People" in China, H naledi in S Africa, the hobbits of the Phillipines- H luzonensis, H rhodesiensis of Central Africa.

We know that H neanderthalensis and H denisova lived alongside H sapiens and crossbred between the species. Many of us today carry DNA from one or both of these ancient species.

Where did the archeological evidence of these protohumans come from?

How did these other species cross breed with God's special chosen creation?

How many proto humans had a soul? Did Cro-Magnon have a soul?

Which cross breeds might have had a soul?
Those details are unknowable.

Finally, how did this all happen in 6000 to 7000 years since creation?

It didn't. Our ancestry goes back to the Precambrian.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider

You and AS and the rest of the swine will just have to live with the fact that numerous Christians believe by faith the Holy Bible is the inherent word of God spoken through the prophets. You don't like it, too bad, and believe what you wish. just as I will do. Like I told the intellectually dishonest AS many times before, some day we'll see won't we?

Nobody is getting in the way of your free will
personal beliefs... so why are you so butthurt?

You follow people around on this CF forum questionIng
them with an axe to grind, but don't like Christianity
being questioned,

why the double standard?

Why do you carry resentment and personal grudges?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Nobody is getting in the way of your free will
personal beliefs... so why are you so butthurt?

You follow people around on this CF forum questionIng
them with an axe to grind, but don't like Christianity
being questioned,

why the double standard?

Why do you carry resentment and personal grudges?

Maybe it's some of that fruit of the spirit stuff being revealed, you know "..love, joy, peace patience...etc"
Aren't you just feeling the love of jesus flowin' Starman..? grin

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
s.

If you were to use Hebrew to communicate an indefinite period of time or a long period of time that had a beginning and an ending, what words would you use?[/quote]

I'm not surprised you don't post your answer. It's always the same for those who reject God infallible Word and accept man's fallible word.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

We know there have been nine species within our Homo genus, including the "Red Deer Cave People" in China, H naledi in S Africa, the hobbits of the Phillipines- H luzonensis, H rhodesiensis of Central Africa.

We know that H neanderthalensis and H denisova lived alongside H sapiens and crossbred between the species. Many of us today carry DNA from one or both of these ancient species.

Those details are unknowable.

Is it knowable that a "soul" is a construct of human imagination? As are the many, many gods?

It didn't. Our ancestry goes back to the Precambrian.

You have never identified as a literalist or young earther/creationist!

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Gen 1:9-13 9 Then God said, “Let the waters below the heavens be gathered into one place, and let the dry land appear”; and it was so. 10 God called the dry land earth, and the gathering of the waters He called seas; and God saw that it was good. 11 Then God said, “Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees on the earth bearing fruit after their kind with seed in them”; and it was so. 12 The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed after their kind, and trees bearing fruit with seed in them, after their kind; and God saw that it was good. 13 There was evening and there was morning, a third day.

So, in a 24 hr stretch of time.....
1. God caused dry land to appear.
2. God caused plants to grow (actually sprout from the earth, so it began as a seed...... not a mature plant)
3. The seed sprouted and grew to maturity.
4. The mature plants produced new seeds and/or fruits.
5. Multiple generations grew and covered the earth.

All of that in 24 hours?

If you understood Infinite Intelligent Energy you would not ask such a limited question. This sure does not leave room for water life to produce land life. There is no compatibility with evolution and Genesis One.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Big thread, many pages.

Can't remember who won.

Great post by someone who is comfortable in his own skin.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Your premise is totally flawed. There's no such thing as a proto human. All these ethnic groups were and are descendants of Adam and Eve. It's racist to think otherwise.

Everyday Hunter
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
[quote=Dixie_Dude]The Bible also says a day in Gods eyes is as a thousand years to man. So a literal 7 human or earth days may not be to God. Another fact. Honey bees use logarithms to tell distance to flowers to other bees with a brain the size of a pinhead. Some plants cannot survive without bees and the bees cannot survive without flowering plants. Which evolved first? I think they were created first.

The college professor who discovered the granite rock creation was at the University of Tennessee in the 1980's. Don't remember his name.

Yet genesis specifies six literal days of creation, mornings and evenings.

It still specifies mornings and evenings, which is why it was translated as mornings and evenings and why that translation relates to the narrative of special creation.

Hebrew word "boqor" can mean morning or dawn, but generally can mean the beginning (or "dawn") of any length period of time.
Hebrew word "ereb" can mean sunset or night, but generally can mean the ending of any length period of time.

Read Psalm 90:6 In the morning it [grass] flourishes, and sprouts anew; Toward evening it fades, and withers away.

Do you know of any grass that sprouts in the morning and dies the same day? No, it refers to a period of time greater than 12 or 24 hour, much more.

Likewise, the Hebrew word "Yom" is translated as "day". The Hebrew word and the English word can mean:
8 hours- I work and 8 hour day.
12 hours- Daylight lasts 12 hours.
24 hours- a whole day is the length of time it takes for the Earth to revolve once.
4 years- Ie. "In my day, I was a great college football player. "

In the Bible, Yom, ereb, and bogor are used these ways, sometimes to mean morning, evening, 24 hours or any number of beginnings, endings, or time periods.

You actually don't have to go very far to see an example of this.....
Gen 2:4 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made earth and heaven.[color:#CC0000][/color]
Now, Genesis 1 refers to 6 days of Creation. Gen 2:4 says that it was 1 day (the day). If you are going to demand that Yom means 24 hours specifically, then what do you do with Gen 2:4? It calls 6 days "1 day".

No it does not always mean 24 hours., Yom can mean 24 hours or 24 years or 240 million years.

Given the context, the overall narrative, normal days 24 hour days is the only thing it can mean. The grass didn't need to sprout, it was created fully formed, the sun and moon where placed in the sky fully formed (the writer did not know the size or scale of the solar system or universe), Adam was not born a baby, but created fully formed, etc.....genesis describes magical creation, special creation, not evolution.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Maybe it's some of that fruit of the spirit stuff being revealed, you know "..love, joy, peace patience...etc"
Aren't you just feeling the love of jesus flowin' Starman..? grin

Many christians are hooked on the 'spirit' stuff,
But fail to address or even mention the condition
of the MIND. . that is mentioned many times in
scripture.

Hence why so many are adversely affected by
their disfunctional mental & emotional state.
but have told themselves they are just fine.

they start to believe its everyone else thats
got a problem, (ie) " it can't be me" attitude.

They revert to projecting their insecurities
onto others who don't buy their beliefs lock
Stock and barrel,. Some try to get nasty and
call you swine, others go Off the rails saying
you work for a mythological horned devil.

[Yawn].. Just another day in the office when
dealing with christians.

Page 21 of 95 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

668 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 79 invisible), 2,309 guests, and 1,371 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,960
Posts18,480,484
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.