Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe
BLM officials must have given all of their members an IQ test to find which ones were dumb enough to take that schitt into Appalachia.

I'll bet Leroy was there.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Elkins WVa. Seriously. Small black population. Poverty line, 21% of everyone lives below it and those above it are not that far. Appalachia the oppressors? Actually, historically, Appalachians are among the oppressed. They should be marching to give all of Appalachia a fair shake. Not stigmatized as the toothless ignorant hillbilly living in a shack that has been called as their story for far too many years. Not that, but for the proud capable people they are.

The thing is the people of Appalachia do not make that the center of their identity. They do not identify themselves as victims.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I'm willing to bet that, instead of being "anti-protesters," these folks are anti-rioters, anti-looters, and anti-arsonists.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by mark shubert
“We absolutely discourage that,” Bennett said Monday. “It is imperative to allow police to do their jobs.”

The problem is that, in some places, the police are not (or are not permitted to) doing their jobs.
Like those anti-protestors - I respect the right to PEACEFULLY protest - but, violence breeds (sometimes necessary) violence.

Exactly.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
“We absolutely discourage that,” Bennett said Monday. “It is imperative to allow police to do their jobs.”

The problem is that, in some places, the police are not (or are not permitted to) doing their jobs.
Like those anti-protestors - I respect the right to PEACEFULLY protest - but, violence breeds (sometimes necessary) violence.

From what I have observed, the police are all about control. In the academy they are taught the first thing you do is take control of the situation. I think that is a necessary part of dealing with people in a small group. That is why they show up with overwhelming force.
In the case of a protest, peaceful or otherwise, the police may very well be outnumbered and they know they can easily loose control. That is why the first option is to disperse the crowd. In the case of a confrontation between two armed factions, the police get very nervous because they can quickly become targets or irrelevant. They are also under ROE from their superiors which are often based on political objectives, not public safety or officer's safety. Tough situation and often there is no right decision.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 45_100

From what I have observed, the police are all about control. In the academy they are taught the first thing you do is take control of the situation. I think that is a necessary part of dealing with people in a small group. That is why they show up with overwhelming force.
In the case of a protest, peaceful or otherwise, the police may very well be outnumbered and they know they can easily loose control. That is why the first option is to disperse the crowd. In the case of a confrontation between two armed factions, the police get very nervous because they can quickly become targets or irrelevant. They are also under ROE from their superiors which are often based on political objectives, not public safety or officer's safety. Tough situation and often there is no right decision.
They don't look to be in control of jack shixt at the moment.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The cops can go protect the snowflakes with lace on their drawers who are too pussified to protect themselves. The rest of us don't need somebody with a badge and a gun to hide behind. We will take care of business before the cops can leave the donut shop!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From the article...................

“I’m hoping that my voice will inspire others to use their voice and assist Elkins in lifting up our voices, but for now a march/gathering is unsafe to have. I plan on creating something more unifying for our community but I will not be planning anything else for a time.”

I cannot think of a single incident or location where BLM has done one single thing toward unifying anything.................they are at the forefront & pinnacle of division between various community groups & factions.

I hope this scenario is repeated across the entire country in ever community.

MM

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I'm willing to bet that, instead of being "anti-protesters," these folks are anti-rioters, anti-looters, and anti-arsonists.
... correct

NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BobMt
Originally Posted by Fireball2
These protestors are a cancer.

they are....but blm and Antifa are not the problem.....the mayors...city counsel.....on up to the senators….etc...they condone and encourage this behavior......bob

I have to disagree.

I was pissed at the protesters here. But they were peaceful, and
didn't even swear. (Symbolism only in a community that's 98% White.
we haven't ever had a black man shot by police that I can remember.
Heck, our civilian self defense shootings are 2x or more the cops)

Protests have a stigma with me, and I just knee jerk dislike them.

But, it's the American way. No sarcasm either.

Hey! my wife and daughters have even marched in the Right To Life
march in D.C.!

Protected by the constitution, our forefathers wanted us to
be able to protest enough to codify it.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
It's Appalachia. They're pro, "You aren't welcome here".

Said it before and I'll say it again. People can go into Appalachia and not have anything to worry about if they behave. But it's the last place in the country you want to go and stir up schitt.

They don't tolerate that very well at all.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have ABSOLUTELY no problem with protestors, even those who are obviously wrong, like those pro-Floyd people etc. As long as they don't block the road and don't start shixt with folks, don't loot, burn and vandalize. Protest all you want. Call the po-po jackbooted thugs. Whatever. It's your right. Just don't start shixt.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Exactly Ethan!

Even though I still think in terms of scraggly haired, dope smoking
hippies that need soap and water!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Coming up on Direct TV JUNE 21 Search Matewan. I've seen it several times.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's Appalachia. They're pro, "You aren't welcome here".

Said it before and I'll say it again. People can go into Appalachia and not have anything to worry about if they behave. But it's the last place in the country you want to go and stir up schitt.

They don't tolerate that very well at all.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I have ABSOLUTELY no problem with protestors, even those who are obviously wrong, like those pro-Floyd people etc. As long as they don't block the road and don't start shixt with folks, don't loot, burn and vandalize. Protest all you want. Call the po-po jackbooted thugs. Whatever. It's your right. Just don't start shixt.

no doubt...i agree.....but when they start pulling scchitt.....its the people in charge that allow it....that is the real problem.....bob

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

+1, right up until the first brick flies then the police should stop it. If they need help then the National Guard, if that doesn't do it send in the Marines. Protesters do not have the right to destroy or steal other's property or infringe on their rights.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
scraggly haired, dope smoking hippies that need soap and water!

France?

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
scraggly haired, dope smoking hippies that need soap and water!

France?

LOL

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Quotes from Matewan. BTW, it was filmed at Thurmond WV.

Older Baldwin-Felts man: Ever hear of the Hatfields and McCoys, son?
Young Baldwin-Felts man: Heh. Sure I have have.
Older Baldwin-Felts man: This here Matewan's their stompin' ground. They'll put a bullet in your brain just as soon as look at you.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The Felts portion of Baldwin-Felts was from Galax Va.

Wifes family/kin from Hillsville had a little bit of a run in with them back in the day.
Killed damn near every 'official' in the courthouse.

https://www.roanoke.com/news/virgin...5d0d7f3-6e1f-57c4-83be-fceb3d98dafd.html

FJB & FJT
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (Anaconda, 35, 406_SBC, 1OntarioJim, 6mmCreedmoor, 41rem, 10 invisible), 1,790 guests, and 923 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,495
Posts18,472,117
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.