-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
https://www.windy.com/-Webcams/United-States/Arizona/Soldier-Camp/Radio-Ridge-North/webcams/1469446811?32.435,-110.789,14

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
GB1

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
[Linked Image from wildfiretoday.com]

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
[Linked Image from ktar.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
krp,

thanks for the pics from the Youngs road. I vicariously got to see something I never managed to try while living in AZ.

I'll agree, going down into and back out of the Salt River canyon is scenic enough, just a real pain. Especially my first trip in a '54 Chevy with vacuum wipers during a monsoon storm.

Hope all of y'all's favorite hunting places don't burn. If they do, good browse in a few years depending on the severity of the fire.

Hang tough folks.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Ya I hunt all that are, last year it was the superstition wilderness that I hunt, I few years ago the mazatzals.

Worst thing is these fires hit when the does are dropping fawns, the wildlife toll is always high, grass can grow back, animals take longer.

Kent

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
Thanks for the the kind words guy's. My wife never should have watched Only the brave. She gets pretty nervous when he in on the bigger fires. His crew just got asked to stay an extra week. 12 to 14 hour days without any time off would be brutal in that heat.

i was sitting on my front porch in prescott, when that went down. the area is happened in was south of prescott little place called yarnell. i commented to some of the other porch sitters, maybe big issue as i had hunted that area multiple times. lots of very thick overgrown brush, high winds, knarly country. i had to walk out of that place one time over ten miles in the summer limited water, almost killed us. anyway it went down, and there is a memorial there now for where the bodies were found. multiple page reports on what happened, and blame shuffling. my own opinion is mgt screwups from a lay person's perspectives, should have gotten out. consequently, those killed who had signed agreements temp workers, no insurance, etc. had families etc. the lawsuite started, public sympathy, the city of prescott ended up agreeing to pay out a heck of a lot of money. I am not commenting if that was righteous or not. but in one case a woman as i understand it hit the lottery, was in divorce proceedings with the guy, still got the payout. Their marshalling yards were just down the street from my house. the memorial service they had people from all over the country there. the fourth of july parade which is traditional in prescott was a tearjerker, everyone crying at the entry to memorialize them. There is a "P" on the hill entering prescott, been there for years. Sincer that happened, every year there is a "19" placed up there to commemorate the dates. I can see it from my porch. There was a fire up there too that week, i was wondering if it was gonna roll into town.
It's like this bush fire, i have a number of friends living in the pumkin center area, probably already ou t.
people unfamilar with arizona don't know the ruggedness of that country and how you can get trapped pretty easy. no low risk job for sure.

Those boys at Yarnelll should have stayed up in the black...They were fine until they moved downhill in the green...Tough way to die but preventable.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Well there goes our winter get together spot, just above the T of Tonto Basin... camp Reno and Sunflower, it's jumped to Mt Ord, the red by itself.

Hasn't jumped the Tonto to the east, knock on wood.

Kent

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here is a pic of my son on the Bighorn fire down by Tuscon.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Fine young man.

Kent

IC B3

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Thats a bully photo! Bless him!!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just got done texting him. They have been up on top of the mountain spike camped for the last 3 days and now all roads into his area are closed. Said if they have to evac. now it will be by chopper. [bleep]!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
crittrgittr’s son:
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]There are LOTS of good young people out there.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks gentlemen, he's on a hand line and been living off of mre's the last 4 day's. He is a Marine so I know he can handle it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think they have a lot of black on the north side of the mountain. is he with an IHC (hotshot crew)?
\
also on the Kaibab fire, lots more of the north of 12A burned.

didn't get into 12B as far as I can tell.

Last edited by Sycamore; 06/18/20.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
Thanks gentlemen, he's on a hand line and been living off of mre's the last 4 day's. He is a Marine so I know he can handle it.

They hauling in their own water or getting it dropped? No water in that country this time of the year...

Bless him!!!

Fire did crazy stuff overnight. Spotted over 2 miles east and now the north side is on fire. Crazy spread out fire now....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Is the highway holding it Kent? Hard to tell...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
So far, I've heard it jumped a couple places bit the Tonto is wider than the road, it's up by Jake's corner to 87 that could be problems in my opinion.

Kent

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Thats a bully photo! Bless him!!!!

This

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 19rabbit52, 58 invisible), 3,076 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,486
Posts18,471,896
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.