Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by stevelyn
If more thieves were getting shot, there'd be much less thievery.

That would be like removing a handful of sand from the beach.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Good for her. What a shame that she is now going to be harassed by the criminal justice system instead of receiving a medal as she should. Tragic. It should be open season on brazen thieves.

Well its good to know "the system" is in place to deal with renegade geriatrics....

It might actually be beneficial if it ever gets to the point old ladies can get justice short of gunfire.

I applaud her as a founding member of the new justice system for honest people.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
The good news is that schitting on the cops at record levels will usher increased use of this system.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Does she have a go fund me account?

https://www.gofundme.com/f/may-boyce

not very much money has been raised, I guess shes on her own.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
While I certainly agree with the moral of this story in principle....she'd better have been 100% sure the shootee was shoplifting.
I've been accused of it before, when (I guess) I turned just right when an employee was looking at me with something I was buying in my hand and threw it in the cart. I guess he thought I shoved it down my shirt or something.
Another time when I was in my 20s I put my list of things to get in my pocket when I was in a store, and had an employee insist I had shoplifted something instead.

Shots would have been fired back if those store workers who thought I had shoplifted, was like this old lady...

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I just donated $100.00 to her go fund me page- - - - -anybody else want to put your money where your mouth is? No, that doesn't mean wrap a C-note around the d ick you're sucking!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Sometimes in life, enough is enough.

Happy Trails

Bob

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Some folks on here say shooting somebody over "stuff" is immoral, not to mention illegal in most locales. I personally think it should be nationwide as far as legal to shoot somebody stealing.

Yep. The question of whether a fifth of Night Train is worth a life should be on the mind of the one doing the stealing.

Each time I see a thread like this I am reminded of this meme another member posted on the meme thread.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Some folks on here say shooting somebody over "stuff" is immoral, not to mention illegal in most locales. I personally think it should be nationwide as far as legal to shoot somebody stealing.

It is legal in Texas to shoot someone stealing from you

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by jwp475

When exactly is it that you have to make the determination, if they plan on stealing your life or just your laptop ?

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Cretch
Hey, If you had a coon or something constantly raiding and killing your chickens and roosters you would shoot it. Not much difference.

Interesting choice of words.

Which ones?

"Coon" in the present societal context.

The coon was just coon fingering not stealing.

Life is good live it while you can.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by T_Inman
While I certainly agree with the moral of this story in principle....she'd better have been 100% sure the shootee was shoplifting.
I've been accused of it before, when (I guess) I turned just right when an employee was looking at me with something I was buying in my hand and threw it in the cart. I guess he thought I shoved it down my shirt or something.
Another time when I was in my 20s I put my list of things to get in my pocket when I was in a store, and had an employee insist I had shoplifted something instead.

Shots would have been fired back if those store workers who thought I had shoplifted, was like this old lady...

I highly doubt we're talking about the classic shoplifting scenario here. These folks brazenly steal, without concern for anyone seeing them, because they know no one will dare stop them, and the criminal justice system has no punishment for them if later caught.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by jimy
Originally Posted by jwp475

When exactly is it that you have to make the determination, if they plan on stealing your life or just your laptop ?

In Texas you can shoot someone that is taking your property. What are you not understanding

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
If many people steal your [bleep] you can’t buy food and you’d starve! Tell me that ain’t MURDER!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by doubletap
Originally Posted by stevelyn
If more thieves were getting shot, there'd be much less thievery.

That would be like removing a handful of sand from the beach.

SO!!!!! The chinese built a phoucing wall over 13,000 miles long ONE BRICK AT A TIME!!! And took near a 1,000 years............

Don't tell me something can't be done!

Last edited by muffin; 06/22/20.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
If many people steal your [bleep] you can’t buy food and you’d starve! Tell me that ain’t MURDER!!

There was a time that stealing a mans horse would get you hung......... because they thought the very same thing!!!

Though it weren't actual 'LAW'....

Don't recall a lot of stories about people going to jail for hanging horse thieves....

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What's pathetic is that there isn't like 99% agreement on here with the old lady. What a bunch of chicks.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
What's pathetic is that there isn't like 99% agreement on here with the old lady. What a bunch of chicks.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Note that the only function performed effectively by the cops and prosecutors in this incident is arresting the victim of theft.

There is a lesson to be learned here.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jfruser
Note that the only function performed effectively by the cops and prosecutors in this incident is arresting the victim of theft.

There is a lesson to be learned here.

Yep

Originally Posted by jwall
And the victim of a robbery was arrested ? ? ?

What’s wrong with that picture ? sheesh !!!!!!!!!!!!

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (219DW, 219 Wasp, 160user, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1badf350, 65 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,187
Posts18,503,347
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.