Page 49 of 95 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 94 95
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
Why do unbelievers continually and FAITHFULLY push their unbelief and harass believers of God? Some of you seem downright angry that we (believers) believe in, worship, and agape love our almighty living God. Unbelievers/atheists can’t seem to accept that believers believe in a holy, supreme, almighty, sovereign, living God by FAItH.

Why does that irk some of you? What exactly is your mission in trying to discredit our faith and belief in our God? What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Did satan assign you this mission?

It takes an act of FAITH to believe God doesn’t exist, and it takes ballsy, smug arrogance to mock and belittle believers about their love of and belief in God. Some of you are FAITHFUL in your unrelenting satanic assaults.

Unbelievers and atheists lack a faith in our God but have FAITH in their belief that there is no God. Give it up. Some of us love Jesus, and Jesus is our everything.

It’s better to trust and have confidence in the Lord rather than in mere man. Psalms 118:8

Whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which art in Heaven.
Matt 10:33

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. Praise the Lord !!!!

One should actually look at the title of this thread. Then consider who wrote the OP and reason therefor.

It appears the entire reason for the post was to invite criticism upon his faith. Some have obliged.

Have you watched the video? Or, do you prefer to attack the believers it represents?

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/22/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DBT
Didn't you implicitly disparage faith when you applied it to science, yet extol its virtue in Christianity?

I no more “disparaged” faith in science than you did in your previous post. Did you disparage faith in science?

And extol? LOL. You seem to exaggerate what I’ve clearly pointed out (several times), which is, simply, faith is a core requirement of being a christian. Do you dispute this?

Remember, you’re speaking with an 8th grade, backwoods educated feller. Try to use smaller words. They tend to create less confusion for us simple folk.

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Ah hah! You cheater. You missed out on the complete series of indoctrination exercises. wink

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by RayF
Originally Posted by DBT
It's amazing how evidence is ignored, claiming that science is based on faith, implying that faith is a poor tool with which to determine truth....yet when it comes to the 'correct' religion, faith becomes a virtue, a beacon of truth.

A double standard, it appears. Not that evolution is based on faith.

I missed the practice of science in which blind faith is an accepted means. Could you point it out, please?

Science doesn't rest on faith. Observation, evidence and testing is the foundation of science.

Yes, it does. For starters, presupposing one's own identity, indeed one's own rationality is an act of faith.

Tarquin
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
It's amazing how evidence is ignored, claiming that science is based on faith, implying that faith is a poor tool with which to determine truth....yet when it comes to the 'correct' religion, faith becomes a virtue, a beacon of truth.

A double standard, it appears. Not that evolution is based on faith.

I missed the practice of science in which blind faith is an accepted means. Could you point it out, please?

Science doesn't rest on faith. Observation, evidence and testing is the foundation of science.

Yes, it does. For starters, presupposing one's own identity, indeed one's own rationality is an act of faith.

Only if you are equivocating with the word 'faith' - which is a fallacy.

We have different words, trust, confidence, etc, because there are distinctions to be made between trust and faith, confidence and trust.

Trust can be built or destroyed through direct experience with someone or something, which is evidence.... while to have faith just means that you believe. You believe what is written, what you are told or hope for without verification, without the support of evidence.

IC B2

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Didn't you implicitly disparage faith when you applied it to science, yet extol its virtue in Christianity?

I no more “disparaged” faith in science than you did in your previous post. Did you disparage faith in science?

And extol? LOL. You seem to exaggerate what I’ve clearly pointed out (several times), which is, simply, faith is a core requirement of being a christian. Do you dispute this?

Remember, you’re speaking with an 8th grade, backwoods educated feller. Try to use smaller words. They tend to create less confusion for us simple folk.

I seem to remember you making remarks along the lines of 'science is based on faith' which implies that science has an unsound foundation.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
TONS of strong evidence has been posted on here supporting Evolution.
It is a done deal and because it is science it will continually be reinforced.

Misappropriation of science. “Evidence” is a suggestion that is not conclusive, therefore, it is not a “...done deal.”

Scientists don't agree. Evolution has withstood testing for over a hundred and fifty years. Theory lies in explaining how it works, not that it does work, which is proven.

Then why are so many high-level intellects abandoning it? Why do scientists like Michael Denton call it a "theory in crisis"? Given that the odds of protein folding are impossible how can fully naturalistic processes account for this essential step in neo-Darwinian evolution?

Tarquin
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

Misappropriation of science. “Evidence” is a suggestion that is not conclusive, therefore, it is not a “...done deal.”

Scientists don't agree. Evolution has withstood testing for over a hundred and fifty years. Theory lies in explaining how it works, not that it does work, which is proven.

Then why are so many high-level intellects abandoning it? Why do scientists like Michael Denton call it a "theory in crisis"? Given that the odds of protein folding are impossible how can fully naturalistic processes account for this essential step in neo-Darwinian evolution?

A theory in crisis? I'm not aware of that. A very small percentage may be making that claim for their own reasons, but that's not a crisis.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT

Trust can be built or destroyed through direct experience with someone or something, which is evidence.... while to have faith just means that you believe. You believe what is written, what you are told or hope for without verification, without the support of evidence.

And when experience shows faith invested in countless prayers go unanswered?

Does stronger faith/belief make prayers more
effective?

Some claim they have evidence that prayers
do work... some even claim to have conclusive
proof.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by DBT

And when experience shows faith invested in countless prayers go unanswered?

Does stronger faith/belief make prayers more
effective?

Some claim they have evidence that prayers do work.

The desired result may have happened regardless of prayer. Some may pray for a result that doesn't eventuate, the worst happens. Those who pray but do not have their prayers answered feel that what they hoped for ''was not Gods Will.'' We tend to remember the good and forget the bad.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So when folks heard about the Titanic sinking,
they prayed that people they know onboard
were OK, when in fact they were already well
and truly stone cold dead in the North Atlantic.

Some probably got in early and prayed for a safe
passage when boarding the ship, which didn't
work out for many... were the survivors the ones
favored by God, or just the lucky ones?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

A theory in crisis? I'm not aware of that. A very small percentage may be making that claim for their own reasons, but that's not a crisis.

The theory is indeed in crisis if the arguments of its critics cannot be met.

Tarquin
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

The theory is indeed in crisis if the arguments of its critics cannot be met.

Have they really not been met...or is it just being claimed that they have not been met?

Is there an example that puts the reality of evolution into question?

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

So your god is a trickster god?

First of all, he is your god too, whether you realize it or not. That being said,no he is not a trickster. But he does give every man a choice as to what to believe and do, starting in the Garden of Eden. Without choice there can be no faith and if there is one thing that the Bible makes clear, it's that God wants us to have faith in Him; and more importantly to have faith in Jesus. Absolute proof requires no faith at all; neither does coercion for that matter. So evidence of evolution is certainly out there, but it is far from conclusive and that again is, I think, by design. It's your choice to make. I've made mine. I am no bible scholar, but these are the conclusions I have come to after much consideration.

I'm out until tomorrow. Have good evening, gents.

I see no good evidence to believe in the existence of the god you claim, nor do I worship it. If you wish to claim he's my god as well, first you need to present sufficient evidence for his existence.

Additionally, of course your portrail of your alleged god is that of a trickster, one who makes the world appear billions of years old, when you claim it's only a few thousand for the sole purpose of tricking people into not believing he's real so he can send them to Hell where they will burn forever, and infinite punishment for the finite crime of following evidence to it's logical conclusion.

Since you claim my God is fictitious, it is every bit as incumbent on you to present sufficient evidence for his non-existence, which goes back to what I have been saying from the beginning: There is never going to be sufficient evidence (i.e. proof) one way or another. My statement reflected my belief that He is God of all humanity. I freely admit that I can't prove my belief, but you in your intellectual arrogance cannot admit that you can't prove anything you believe either. But you sure as heck can demand that other folks prove stuff to you.

Secondly, I did not portray God as a trickster, that is merely how you characterized him. I only offered an alternative interpretation of the evidence that you see in only one way. It is the only way I can see to reconcile the evidence that science has produced with the documentary evidence in the Bible as a whole. If there is another way to reconcile the two, I'm all ears.

Third, I did not claim God did anything for the sole purpose of tricking people so he can send them to Hell. This is a blatant lie.

It is impossible to have a discussion with someone who constantly misrepresents what the other person says. I knew this going in, don't know why I bothered to try (again) with you.

I do appreciate your response on the thread about pocket handgun carry, however.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I had to call up the final posts in this thread just to see where 33 pages of "discussion" had gone. And it went exactly as expected.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Yep.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
My father's day gift.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DBT
I seem to remember you making remarks along the lines of 'science is based on faith' which implies that science has an unsound foundation.

May I suggest you revisit my posts about which you write and reread it/them?

My position has always been: The consensus among christians and evolutionists is that science is not based on faith. Despite this widespread acceptance, human evolutionists depart from this in their final conclusion. That’s not to say science isn’t involved. They just choose to abandon the purist form of the scientific method and surreptitiously insert subjective results. By doing so, they depart the practice of true science and enter the realm of philosophy and/or religion. The irony being: True science is based on being proven and denounces faith-based jumps to conclusion, regardless of size.

Subjectivity may be required in certain aspects of science, but using it to draw a final conclusion disputed inside its own secular practice not science. It’s as if the largely-touted open mind of science is traded for that of a religious zealot. A true scientific mind would say human evolution is probable, but not definite.

From that point, it turns into the quagmire of slander and subjectivity akin to a Jerry Springer show. Instead of being able to prove the point in the purist scientific form, deflection, entrapment and the “cherry-picking” of evidence are used to discredit anyone or anything not in full agreement.

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Evolution-is-a-Done-Deal

BBC: The idea that species gradually change over many generations is the cornerstone of biology. This is how we know it's true
By Chris Baraniuk 30 July 2015
“Evolution is one of the greatest theories in all of science. It sets out to explain life: specifically, how the first simple life gave rise to all the huge diversity we see today, from bacteria to oak trees to blue whales.
For scientists, evolution is a fact. We know that life evolved with the same certainty that we know the Earth is roughly spherical, that gravity keeps us on it, and that wasps at a picnic are annoying.
Not that you would know that from the media in some countries, where evolution is ferociously argued about – put down as "just a theory" or dismissed as a flat-out lie.
Why are biologists so certain about this? What is the evidence? The short answer is that there is so much it's hard to know where to start. But here is a very cursory summary of the evidence that life has, indeed, evolved.”
“Fossils are the remains of long-dead organisms, preserved in rock. Because rocks are laid down in layers, one on top of the other, the fossil record is generally set out in date order: the oldest fossils are at the bottom.
Running through the fossil record makes it clear that life has changed over time.
The oldest fossils of all are the remains of single-celled organisms like bacteria, with more complicated things like animals and plants only appearing much later. Among the animal fossils, fish appear much earlier than amphibians, birds or mammals. Our closest relatives the apes are only found in the shallowest – youngest – rocks.”
"I always think that the most convincing case for evolution is in the fossil record," says Jones. "It's noticeable that one page in every six in the Origin of Species is to do with the fossil record. [Darwin] knew that that was an irrefutable case that evolution had taken place."
"Richard Lenski of Michigan State University is in charge of the world's longest-running evolution experiment.
Since 1988, Lenski has been tracking 12 populations of Escherichia coli bacteria in his lab. The bacteria are left to their own devices in storage containers, with nutrients to feed on, and Lenski's team regularly freezes small samples.
The E. coli are no longer the same as they were in 1988. "In all 12 populations, the bacteria have evolved to grow much faster than did their ancestor," says Lenski. They have adapted to the specific mix of chemicals he gives them.
"It's a very direct demonstration of Darwin's idea of adaptation by natural selection. Now, 20-some years into the experiment, the typical lineage grows about 80% faster than did the ancestor."

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
AS sees no evidence. His mantra. The extent of his masters battle. The trap satan sets for fools who fall therein. And in their misery and loneliness, call for others to come in and join them.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 49 of 95 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (1Longbow, 12344mag, 160user, 222ND, 2003and2013, 163bc, 63 invisible), 2,424 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,790
Posts18,477,303
Members73,943
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.