Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

What he says.

Originally Posted by SuperCub
I've found them to be a good solid stock, not much lighter than factory wood but no issues whatsoever.

If you want a lighter stock, you have to pay a lot more but you won't be getting a better stock.

I have three and they are a reasonable and reliable option for rugged or weather-plagued use. Keep the pretty walnut ones in the safe.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
358wsm;
Good evening to you sir, I trust the day was an acceptable one for you and this finds you well.

In the past I've worked on at least 4 different B&C stocks, but if I'm not mistaken they were all the Carbelite models.

On two of them, one on a Howa/Weatherby and one Model 700, I ended up installing aluminum arrow shafts as pillars since they'd compress a wee bit if one got on the action screws with much force at all.

Once the pillars were installed, all was golden and in fact I got a range report from the 700 just yesterday where the owner was still extremely pleased about how well it was shooting all these years later.

The outer gel coat on them seemed to be quite robust compared to a couple other brands - for sure thicker than an early Chet Brown which admittedly was lighter.

Hopefully that was useful information for you or someone out there sir. All the best to you as we head into summer.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I bought a B&C from Stockys for my Tikka T3 X LH 300 WSM fits and looks great a little thick in wrist. I like it seems to soften the recoil better than factory synthetic stock.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
358wsm Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

They sound better than "good."

Does anyone have a photo that they could post of an A-Bolt nestled in a B&C.?

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)
358wsm Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BC30cal
358wsm;
Good evening to you sir, I trust the day was an acceptable one for you and this finds you well.

In the past I've worked on at least 4 different B&C stocks, but if I'm not mistaken they were all the Carbelite models.

On two of them, one on a Howa/Weatherby and one Model 700, I ended up installing aluminum arrow shafts as pillars since they'd compress a wee bit if one got on the action screws with much force at all.

Once the pillars were installed, all was golden and in fact I got a range report from the 700 just yesterday where the owner was still extremely pleased about how well it was shooting all these years later.

The outer gel coat on them seemed to be quite robust compared to a couple other brands - for sure thicker than an early Chet Brown which admittedly was lighter.

Hopefully that was useful information for you or someone out there sir. All the best to you as we head into summer.

Dwayne

Dwayne,

Always good to here from you,Sir.!

Thank you for the post and the information as I do find it helpful.

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)
IC B2

358wsm Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 358wsm

They sound better than "good."

Does anyone have a photo that they could post of an A-Bolt nestled in a B&C.?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
People in the past have spread disparaging myths
concerning the construction method of B&C,
Be careful not to buy into them.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
358wsm Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

I'm pickin up what you're layin down.

Thanks 'man

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I own two of them and both are on my long range rifles...…..good stock for the money.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by N2TRKYS
I’ve got several B&C stocks and think they are the perfect size and fit. I’ve had better luck with them than the overpriced and overhyped McMillan edge fill stock.

I’ll buy a B&C again before I’ll ever buy another McMillan.

And...You'll be able to get it before Christmas.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by tzone
I’ve got several B&C stocks and think they are the perfect size and fit. I’ve had better luck with them than the overpriced and overhyped McMillan edge fill stock.

For a fraction of the price and from my experience, about the same weight as my edge filled McMillan.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Starman
People in the past have spread disparaging myths
concerning the construction method of B&C,
Be careful not to buy into them.

B&C or mpi?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

For a fraction of the price and from my experience, about the same weight as my edge filled McMillan.

The b&c ti takeoffs are definitely lighter than some of the recent edges I have received.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

B&C or mpi?

My memory tells me people have disparaged
both those brands.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N

The b&c ti takeoffs are definitely lighter than some of the recent edges I have received.

My example was with a brand new B&C Medalist.

J
jdb Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I have two Alaskan TI on Remington 700’s. They fit me perfectly. I couldn’t be happier

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Right. No argument. I agree with you.
The current b&c ultralights are reported to be about 28 oz. I haven’t weighed one.
The b&c ti takeoff is usually about 25-26 oz. I’ve weighed a bunch.
My most recent McMillan edge KS’s (essentially same pattern as ti takeoff) were just under 29 oz.
Angels on pinheads ... unless you are an ounce counter. 😳

Last edited by AKwolverine; 06/24/20. Reason: Readability
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N

Right. No argument. I agree with you.
The current b&c ultralights are reported to be about 28 oz. I haven’t weighed one.
The b&c ti takeoff is usually about 25-26 oz. I’ve weighed a bunch.
My most recent McMillan edge KS’s (essentially same pattern as ti takeoff) were just under 29 oz.
Angels on pinheads ... unless you are an ounce counter. 😳

My apologies, I didn’t mean for my response to come off as argumentative.

I was highly disappointed when I learned that I had waited for months only to get a McMillan that was about the same weight. Lesson learned and won’t be doing that again.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The only thing I can suggest as a negative about the B&C medalist stocks I've used is the finish. My hunting glove material can create a slick like grip when handling the rifle going in and out of a tree stand.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Ive been contemplating buying one for a Ruger American I bought my grandson. The stock is the only thing I don't like about the American but for the demographic these rifles were designed for it serves the purpose!!

"Pride is the only disease that makes everyone sick except the one that has it"
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,573 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,465
Posts18,471,363
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.