-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd pull up YouTube and watch a Reginald Denny video and go from there.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by stxhunter
run their ass over.

They’ve only seen your vehicle and are coming towards you.

You sure mowing people down at that point would be defensible in court?

Just asking - not saying you’re wrong.

😎
did it to a mescan in a parking lot one time who was standing in front of my truck doing the typical what's up crap when I honked my horn at him, my buddy and I were 19 at the time, only hit him hard enough to knock him down then Allan got out and beat his ass. We bought our beer and left.

Last edited by stxhunter; 06/24/20.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
if I saw they were already stopping and accosting people I wouldn't slow down.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by ringworm
Direct my wife to retreat to the backseat and aquire the 300Blk AR pistol behind the truck rear folding seat. Place the Glock 41 under my right thigh and get the fox labs 12oz stream can from the console. Make sure the doors are locked and call 911.
I would continue to attempt to drive off and around them the entire time telling 911 I'm trying to "get away" "they are blocking my vehicle".
At no time would I roll down the window or open the door.
If the break my window the get hosed with 1.3 million scovilles of Pepper spray. If they attempt to enter the vehicle I will command them to get away and fire warning shots only into the air.
I would only use lethal force if there is absolutely no other alternative whatsoever.
Then I would attempt CPR and render first aid to anyone injured.

Fire warning shots? That's about dumb and a waste of ammo. You don't need to try and be politically correct, your going to be found guilty if you live through something like this anyway.

Posing on a public forum.....

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Had a friend had a flat scary individual directly approach his car at a stoplight in a wrong part of Houston. My friend held up his handgun, the guy turned around immediately. That might come to mind in the above scenario.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Had a friend had a flat scary individual directly approach his car at a stoplight in a wrong part of Houston. My friend held up his handgun, the guy turned around immediately. That might come to mind in the above scenario.

I've done that.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Avoidance is always the best option if possible. Confrontation outside of a court room is the worst option. If you are concerned for your safety, or your family's, go to the police and beat the other party to the draw by quietly filing the compliant first if it is a rotten neighbor situation. If things do go bad, you look like the one trying to keep things civil. In a street situation, it is better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6, but you had better be in the right.

Last edited by reivertom; 06/24/20.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Is there a discernible difference for going to gun powder with demonstrators banging and hitting the outside of your vehicle compared to breaking out the windows?

Anyone gonna wait for glass to break before going balls deep into the situation?

😎

Quite possibly as the wife is a paraplegic. And the chances of us being caught up in the described scenario would be due to trying to get to one of her medical appointments in the city of acute weirdness.

So,,,,, chances are there might just be some punitive actions carried out.

The reason for the scenario...We’re all such desperado’s when posting at each other...When in reality, a once, reasonably good decision a few years ago, is today, potentially capable of ruining a good mans life.

😎

True
One of the very reasons why I try to keep myself out of town and here in the woods.

This story would be much different if the grandkids were involved.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Deadly situations are varied and fluid so no one can tell you what to do exactly----------- but I can tell you something to NOT DO!

Don't write it and post it on the web.

If you ever find yourself in such a situation all you have done (including what posts follow the question here) will be used against the person saying/writing them and you being in the right will mean nothing.

The in-justice system will use everything they can to make you an example as to why individual combat is "not your job" all the while saying it's not their duty either.

And ALL cops they send after you will not care one way of the other what's right or wrong, -----but just want to get paid.

97% of all convictions come from some form of admission or confession or something that can be twisted by a prosecutor as an admission or confession.

Last edited by szihn; 06/24/20.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
szihn,
Having a discussion on a scenario that has happened in the past and also recently to understand possible options a person may consider is, in your opinion, more provocative and dangerous than several of your post suggesting blood in the streets is coming and needed to defeat liberals, Antifa, and black protesters?

Careful, if your words are correct, an indictment would be coming your way based solely on your own posts.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Yes, Col Travis. We would actually like to know what you would do.

Of course, almost all would try to turn around and leave, but if a herd surrounded your vehicle with family inside would you drive over commies ? Wait until they were destroying your car to SHOOT or DRIVE, please?

How would you know they are commies? If you are in fear of your life it is a poor time to think about politics. Unless of course you are so consumed by fear all the time that everything looks like a commie, or the spawn of satan.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
What if it was a mob of Amazon mudsharks? That would be super scary!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I know this to be a fact...I’ve eaten spray several times up close.

😎

I realize house painting can be mundane and all those thoughts running wild in that mind all day.

Many of these fitness chicks, you’re gonna find, do carry pepper spray while they’re out jogging.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Trav,
I realize the scenario is full of potential options, likely none extremely great.

As you briefly said...”Depends” is the best, because without knowing what the individual, group, or mob‘s decision to do to my vehicle or occupants - is putting the cart before the horse.

I know for me, I’m going to go into reaction mode v. offensive mode.

😎

PS,
In the future, could you please a wait a smidge before giving out the answer? 😬

You read like a liberal plant more and more every day.

I know, lots of ball suckers will say 'He hunts', but that doesn't make you any less a liberal. Ask JeffO.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"How would you know they are commies?"

They're blocking the road.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord

I know this to be a fact...I’ve eaten spray several times up close.

😎

I realize house painting can be mundane and all those thoughts running wild in that mind all day.

Many of these fitness chicks, you’re gonna find, do carry pepper spray while they’re out jogging.

LMFAO!...My painting grip is always being confused as a rape kit by the hotties....😬😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RemModel8
Trav,
I realize the scenario is full of potential options, likely none extremely great.

As you briefly said...”Depends” is the best, because without knowing what the individual, group, or mob‘s decision to do to my vehicle or occupants - is putting the cart before the horse.

😎

PS,

I know, lots of ball suckers will say 'He hunts', but that doesn't make you any less a liberal. Ask JeffO.

When your head is jammed so deep up your ass and smelling your own shít, it’s easy to say everything smells like you.

😎

“Molon Labe”
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Trav,

😎

PS,

When your head is jammed so deep up your ass and smelling your own shít, it’s easy to say everything smells like you.

😎

Sell it like you want, but I don't live in a liberal [bleep], you do. Congratulations.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"You sure mowing people down at that point would be defensible in court?"

Should be justified self defense if they have the road blocked.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Trav,

😎

PS,

😎

Sell it like you want, but I don't live in a liberal [bleep], you do. Congratulations.

Scott, that’s you’re only truth; where you live. Run with it girl.

😎

“Molon Labe”
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

128 members (160user, 35, 44mc, 7887mm08, 7x57Hunter, 10 invisible), 1,499 guests, and 940 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,425
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.