-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Run pipe around the outside of your vehicle with frequent small holes so you can spray everything around you with pepper spray.

[Linked Image from ]
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Trying leave/turn-around is best. But if I cannot and one of them wacks my window with a tire iron: I'd raise my 1911 to just above the door frame, wait for him to begin to strike a second time, and then stop his agression as the blow fell against the glass.

Why? Well he was clearly trying to break into my car and was using a deadly weapon to do so. I was in fear of my life. I'd trust my fate to 12 of my fellow Texans.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I would do something they would regret. Been thinking about getting a Confederate flag decal just in case

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The cowards would burn your truck while your inside a store.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Looking for input from our members who can recognize the potential for a dangerous encounter with a hostile person, or group of people and suggest a course of action....

What would you do? Go aggressively at the individual(s), retreat and run, or go all in by pulling a weapon, or a different option you have.

Take into consideration that we all know there’s a political and judicial hypocrisy going on right now with white and black retaliation. You may choose to have that impact your course of action.

Situation.....

Either day or night. You and your wife are driving in your car around town unaware a person, a small group of 5-7 people, or a larger mob 20 plus of black and white people have taken to the streets to demonstrate in an area they haven’t been seen before.

Your vehicle has no discernible messages on it, like a Trump sticker, Rebel flag, or political message. The only message is you are both caucasian.

The individual or group of protesters you can see ahead of you are causing cars to slow or stop. Demonstrators are touching the cars, some are banging on vehicles windows, or worse hitting the vehicles with objects trying to cause damage or get the occupants out of the car.

You are blocked in from the rear by other vehicles who, like you, were just following traffic until rolling into a situation of public hostility.

You’re armed with your favorite edc...You see individual or a small group of demonstrators keying on your vehicle and are coming towards you.

What would you do? Go...

😎

Depends.

Some are so FOS they always carry them, huh?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

10 bucks says Jags are pink! wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Had a friend had a flat scary individual directly approach his car at a stoplight in a wrong part of Houston. My friend held up his handgun, the guy turned around immediately. That might come to mind in the above scenario.

I've done that.

Yes had to do that many years ago in San Antonio. Three youths looking for an easy mark , they just turned around and left rather abrupt about face too...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Disparity of force, fear of your life, solve the problems as they are presented. Leave the aftermath to the excellent attorney you have researched and possibly retained. The only words that should pass your lips are "they were going to kill us, I need my attorney" Practice, practice , practice.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by okie
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Had a friend had a flat scary individual directly approach his car at a stoplight in a wrong part of Houston. My friend held up his handgun, the guy turned around immediately. That might come to mind in the above scenario.

I've done that.

Yes had to do that many years ago in San Antonio. Three youths looking for an easy mark , they just turned around and left rather abrupt about face too...

I had an Indian get grabby after I gave him a cigarette.

I stuck a 45 up his nose.

I am MAGA.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
To answer the OP the first weapon in the arsenal is the vehicle I am driving. Someone showing the inclination to do me and mine harm will get to witness a demolition derby up close and personal. Survival first then sort the small details out later. If they wish to act crazy I will show them crazier.

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
For starters my thinking is a 10k pound lifted 4x4 dually with Ranch Hand bumpers would be a little hard to stop. I'm well past the point of caring anymore and carry a shotgun, 5.56 and a couple of pistols in my vehicle everywhere I go. I've been preparing for a similar scenario for years, if I can make it long enough to run out of ammo my life will of been a success. They can call it premeditated, a hate crime or whatever they want, but if someone screws with me I'm going to do my best to make them pay the ultimate price.

Not lifted, but there are several reasons I keep Ranch hands on both my, and "The Warden"s trucks.
You would probably have better odds of survival confronting me - rather than her!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
This had saved my life more times than I can count driving through ghetto territories.

https://fancydressforyou.com/produc...k3KxFk4eb1h5gaEHDcOhZKZvc4BoCgwEQAvD_BwE

Last edited by ribka; 06/24/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Frenched tail lights are old school.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Some States have legal protection for “Good Samaritan” help...Apparently optics matter today - idk, ymmv.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Samaritan_law

😎

Yes, I understand there are laws regarding Good Samaritan assistance, but although I am not a lawyer, I'd question whether a Good Samaritan law would apply in the case where you just blew someone out of his socks and then jumped on top of him giving him CPR and then putting a couple Band Aids over the holes you just blew through his brisket. wink

Don't know but I'd bet problems of the legal persuasion might arise from such an action when you are the agent of the person's injury.

Maybe some of the members here who are more versed in law than I could comment on this.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pull the 1911 out set it on my lap, send the wife to the back for the AR pistol, crank out Thunderstruck and wait for them to break a window.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

Some States have legal protection for “Good Samaritan” help...Apparently optics matter today - idk, ymmv.

😎

Yes, I understand there are laws regarding Good Samaritan assistance, but although I am not a lawyer, I'd question whether a Good Samaritan law would apply in the case where you just blew someone out of his socks and then jumped on top of him giving him CPR and then putting a couple Band Aids over the holes you just blew through his brisket. wink

Don't know but I'd bet problems of the legal persuasion might arise from such an action when you are the agent of the person's injury.

Maybe some of the members here who are more versed in law than I could comment on this.

L.W.

Just the opposite. It's seen as evidence you were not trying to kill him. You stopped the threat. Once it was stopped, you ceased offensive action and tried to save his life, after all, you are the good guy.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

😎

L.W.

Just the opposite. It's seen as evidence you were not trying to kill him. You stopped the threat. Once it was stopped, you ceased offensive action and tried to save his life, after all, you are the good guy.

Prezactly ^^^^^^^^^^^^😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I’d stop and offer them a shave and a haircut for 2 bits. Extra for a manicure. I always have the equipment with me.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

😎

L.W.

Prezactly ^^^^^^^^^^^^😎

Rethink that line of thought.

Heavily.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

Unless you are a medical doctor, a Registered Medical Nurse, or a certified EMT/Paramedic, I strongly suggest you leave the CPR and life saving First Aid attempts to the genuine medical people. A District Attorney or a civil suit lawyer will tear you a new anal orifice.

As for me, I do not get into situations like that. After all, as Randolph Scott used to say in all those old western movies he ground out, "I'm a peaceable man." smile

L.W.

Do they NOT have a "Good Samaritan Law" in your state?

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mark shubert

Unless you are a medical doctor, a Registered Medical Nurse, or a certified EMT/Paramedic, I strongly suggest you leave the CPR and life saving First Aid attempts to the genuine medical people. A District Attorney or a civil suit lawyer will tear you a new anal orifice.

As for me, I do not get into situations like that. After all, as Randolph Scott used to say in all those old western movies he ground out, "I'm a peaceable man." smile

L.W.

Do they NOT have a "Good Samaritan Law" in your state?

Yes, but there are exceptions. Here is one from the law.

"... However, Idaho Good Samaritan laws do not grant total protection. If a person is giving first aid and is negligent in how they treat the victim, they can be held liable for injury and damages they cause. If you stop to give first aid at an accident scene, keep it simple and be safe. Let medical professionals do the more intensive work once they arrive. ..."

Nor does the law address [u]intentionally[/u] shooting a person and then applying assistance. It speaks to helping INNOCENT VICTIMS of ACCIDENTS. Nothing about applying assistance or First Aid to the person you shot. Seems like a very iffy and gray area, to me. I still think a lawyer in a civil suit against the shooter would have a field day.

Just my opinion.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

67 members (35, Anaconda, 33sixSS, 907brass, 300_savage, 8 invisible), 1,462 guests, and 940 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,411
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.