Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Originally Posted by mathman
This afternoon I dusted off a Kimber 308 I haven't shot in a while. I cleaned the barrel just because. Slapped a SWFA 6x MilQuad on top. I went from no scope mounted to zeroed in four shots. Dialed dope and POA matched POI for a nice 300 yard group, just under two inches. Adjustments that work do add to the enjoyment. grin

Believe it or not I’ve done that (also with less shots) with a Leupold. I do believe there are better options however.

Happy Trails

Bob

Then after it settles in, you find your poi has shifted.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Ugly Stick,

Your rifles are ugly.

Happy Trails

Bob

That’s a fact.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Boob,

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

At least you "get" to gawk Splendid Pixels of Exceptional Wares as you "live" vicariously. Hint. LAUGHING!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

You Drooling Fhuqktards are a HOOT! Hint. Laughing!

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

Laughing!....................

too bad those are all spinning rods. they need to be fly rods to catch rainbows/steelhead of that size. spinning rod is cheating. dang big stick getting bored with the spray paint aint ya?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jeezus Fhuqk,you Melting Snowflakes are a hoot...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise" that you Do NOTHING Drooling Dumbfhuqks,are glued to my every word and Splendid Pixel,as you "live" vicariously. Hint. LAUGHING!

No wonder The Playground is held in such high esteem?!? Hint. LAUGHING!!!

Typical outing. Hint.

Bless your hearts,for doing your BEST.

Hint.

LAUGHING!....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by beretzs
I'll join in with the others, the plain old 6X SS is a sweet set up if you wanna learn and run an optic that does what it'll supposed it. Same for the 10X and 3x9's.. Those are the three I have ran

NF's and the Bushnell 4.5x18 and 3x12's have been pretty great as well with their G3 reticle.

Still, if the 6, 10 or 3x9's fit into your shooting they are a pile of goodness for not alot of money. I'll gladly take the weight penalty for knowing my stuff will work.

I love my 6x SWFA

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Every damn scope I've ever had was a PIA to zero. But once set the Leupolds and Nikons held zero better than most. I had an old VX-1 on my .280 Remington built on a 98 that held zero for 12 years of hunting until I put a VX-3i 3.5-10x40 on it last year. They are very under rated scopes.

I also had a Nikon Prostaff on a Remington 700 SPS .30-06 for about the same length of time that the only time I had to adjust was when I dropped the rifle when I slipped in the mud and the rifle landed on the scope hard. I had to take it to the range and it was off about 4" to the left and 3" low. Otherwise it never moved off zero. I've since rescoped it too with another VX-3i 3.5-10.

Last edited by Filaman; 06/25/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Filaman
Every damn scope I've ever had was a PIA to zero. But once set the Leupolds and Nikons held zero better than most. I had an old VX-1 on my .280 Remington build on a 98 that held zero for 12 years of hunting until I put a VX-3i 3.5-10x40 on it last year. They are very under rated scopes.

FlamingJan,

PREACH it girl...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

How are you "confirming" zero and how many rounds of ammo in your "illustrious" "12 year" run?!? GOOD time to dangle a picture of that piece of fhuqking schit. Hint. LAUGHING!

Personally,I've not seen more than (3) NIB Reupolds Puke,on any one given day. Hint.

1000 words. Hint.

Unfortunately,I've never even seen a Custom 280,so can't comment there. Unless of course one is talkin' a straightened 700 and a MTU 8" Bart',Marty 45MOA extended 1913 fairly positively affixed,spec'd throat clearance and freebore,all for .796 BC's and miles of room to chase lands ala OEM box. Lapooey positive headspaced false shoulders,Double-ounce Shilen,Matt's S/S bottom,Kelly & Crew's HEAVY filled '5 and only (1) ball offa' Brass Monkey. Hint. LAUGHING!

You CLUELESS Fhuqking Droolers are a HOOT! Hint.

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by mathman
This afternoon I dusted off a Kimber 308 I haven't shot in a while. I cleaned the barrel just because. Slapped a SWFA 6x MilQuad on top. I went from no scope mounted to zeroed in four shots. Dialed dope and POA matched POI for a nice 300 yard group, just under two inches. Adjustments that work do add to the enjoyment. grin

Believe it or not I’ve done that (also with less shots) with a Leupold. I do believe there are better options however.

Happy Trails

Bob

Then after it settles is, you find your poi has shifted.

Thankfully doctors and dentists don't have equipment that works like Leupold "Let me tap the ol tooth drill on the table here so the speed I just set it to, takes"... That could get a bit unnerving. grin

Semper Fi
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Big Stick, you are one sick puppy but hang in there, you're very entertaining.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Filaman
Big Stick, you are one sick puppy but hang in there, you're very entertaining.

FlamingJan,

"Convince" yourself,of the things you MOST need to hear...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You CLUELESS Droolers be SURE,to keep trying. Hint. LAUGHING!

Pardon yet another Custom 280 here,at 7:30. PN,MacaMillion,Badger,yada.yada,yada. Hint.

Don't "forget" about "your" piece of fhuqking schit 280 and Minimum Wage. HINT. Laughing!

Bless your heart for Crying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!!!................

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
@ Stick, nice meat for the freezer!

That broken GLX breaks my heart, I have more than a few noodles GLX to play with and by far my favs.

Carry on....

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Wow..haven`t had that kind of trouble for many years..old lupie`s and Weavers. Many new scopes of different brands now on my rifles..usually bore sight at 25, fire a shot, move the reticule to the hole, fire another shot to conferm. Shoot at 100 and repeat.
A mistake IMO, I see every year at Sight In, is guys chasing the bullet hole with out calling their shot. How do you make an accurate scope adjustment if you can`t call an accurate shot?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'EA,

I've broken every GLX I've had,as they are brittle bitches. Paid the Loomis cash up front for Warranty and PLEADED my case to "down grade" to GL3,because I was DONE with GLX's. I'm sure they are still shaking their heads and I'm still laughing. Hint.

On my favorite 1141S,I'm welllllllllll over 2000 Steelhead upon it alone. Hint.

I'd go GL2 before GLX.

I'm better than 1000 Salmonids a year,if I'm dragging my feet(which has to happen).

Hint.

Very few can begin to comprehend the magnitude.....................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 300MAG
Nightforce.......RUGGED, RELIABLE, REPEATABLE.....case closed!!

Case reopened. Nightforce, Bushnell LRTS/LRHS, SWFA.....RUGGED, RELIABLE, REPEATABLE.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
TheBIGCry,

Bless your heart,for DREAMING aloud..you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute" you "lucky" kchunt. HINT. Laughing.

Bless your heart for Crying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
The Marvel loopy always cracks me up..

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Originally Posted by 300MAG
Nightforce.......RUGGED, RELIABLE, REPEATABLE.....case closed!!

Case reopened. Nightforce, Bushnell LRTS/LRHS, SWFA.....RUGGED, RELIABLE, REPEATABLE.

Correction, swfa maybe reliable.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Certifiable

They fhuqking shoot. Both my Marvels,will put it on my 41.

Typical outing. Hint...................(grin)

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Certifiable

I've been waiting on the addition of a Wicked Lights A67iC 3-color-in-1 Night Hunting Gun Light Kit to it but Stick's uncertain about trying new stuff.....grin....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
TheBIGCry,
Bless your heart,for DREAMING aloud..you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hey little buddy. I hope you are well. I'm sorry. I didn't meant to hurt your sensitive feelings by conversing with someone else. I actually can't believe that which I typed got you so wound up that you felt the need to explode. I think if you were to give the scopes I listed an honest try, you would change your mind and agree with what I typed. I hope your day gets better and hope you have a great day.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 16gage, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 51 invisible), 2,727 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,459
Posts18,471,195
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.