Home
Posted By: Sheister Scope adjustments reliable? - 06/20/20
I'm really getting tired of having scopes that need to be beat with a screwdriver, or tapped on the side when adjusting to get the adjustments to settle in. Why is it so hard to make a reliable erector system that goes up or right or left or down 1" at 100 yards when it says it will?

Which scopes that you own are reliable to just adjust and shoot and you get the adjustment you need? 1" up is 1" up and not 1" up and 3/4" right, adjust again, and again, and again, until you get where you need to be. And this is just to sight in- what if you have to dial in the field for a long shot? Can you trust your scope to get you where you expect to be when you take that shot you've been preparing for, possibly for years?

I find my Bushnell/Bausch & Lomb Elites to be about as close to what I expect as any scopes I own as far as being on target when I dial and adjusting where I expect them to go... my Leupolds always seem to be a fight to get adjusted where I want them to be...

What has been your experiences and which scopes have you found reliable.... and forget the Vortex fan boy nonsense- I've adjusted enough of my cousins, nephews, friends of son's Vortex scopes at the range on sight in days to know they are one of the worst I've dealt with..... Are the Meoptas, Swarovski's, Zeiss, etc... any better in this regard?

I do know that some of this is because of the scopes setting around, the lubrication inside gets gummy and interferes with the smooth function. But even with practically new scopes lately I can't seem to get an adjustment where I want it on the first couple tries to save my life on at least 50% of my scopes....

Okay, rant over and coffee is starting to kick in..... so, what say you?

Bob
tag.... off to grind some beans for the french press... will check back....
I will stick with my bushnell
Elite
I really don’t think I can do any better for the price of these scopes.
Posted By: IZH27 Re: Scope adjustments reliable? - 06/20/20
For reliable scopes I have an Athlon Chronus that is built like a tank and is reliable.

I own one SWFA. A standard 10x. It rests on a Ruger Rimfire precision. Last week I was at the range playing with 8 inch steel plates. 100 and 165 yards respectively. 31 inch drop diff between the yardage. I purposefully altered shots between the two distances which required dialing three mil correction 100—>165. It was boringly accurate and boringly repeatable between the two.

I can’t give you a comparison with other scopes but the basic 10x SWFA has a permanent place on one of my long arms.
Posted By: 1234 Re: Scope adjustments reliable? - 06/20/20
weaver scopes have been solid for me.

Ed
I share your frustration. I shoot everything from new Weavers to Zeiss, Meopta, Sightron SIII and Kahles. I have not kept track of anything "official" over the years, but I'm ALWAYS surprised if my adjustments produce the effect they are supposed to. I too tap my scopes after adjusting, just hoping that will bring some magic and the next round will hit the correct spot it is supposed to. Once I get things lined up, maintaining zero is not a concern. They all seem to hold that.
I just got a SWFA SS 10X Milrad scope and I have to say it is as solid as Stick says they are. Took me a while to realize how much you have to adjust when the clicks are .1 mil , but once I got past that little understanding I am really liking this first of what I think will be several of their scopes.... I've also had good luck with the Weaver V16 scopes on several of my rimfires....

Bob
I never realized how much the adjustment on my other scopes, mostly leupolds, a redfield and a few others, were so bad until I got a SS 6x. You make the adjustment and that's it. No tapping, no needing a few shots to "settle in". It was a very refreshing experinece
Posted By: Tejano Re: Scope adjustments reliable? - 06/21/20
All scopes will benefit from running the rings if not through their full cycle at least half or more to distribute the lubrication. As a matter of habit I always over run the setting I want and then click back. Yes I still tap on the adjustments but again mostly out of habit. Many of the complaints about scope adjustment are actually mounting issues, bases and receivers out of alignment.
Originally Posted by Tejano
All scopes will benefit from running the rings if not through their full cycle at least half or more to distribute the lubrication. As a matter of habit I always over run the setting I want and then click back. Yes I still tap on the adjustments but again mostly out of habit. Many of the complaints about scope adjustment are actually mounting issues, bases and receivers out of alignment.

I wish that were true but I have never had a loose ring or base screw or alignment issues as I check every ring alignment with a solid steel round bar I have just for the purpose, and I have had this problem for years. I've also tried running the adjustments back and forth many times to loosen up the erector threads, but to no avail... in fact, I went through this just last weekend on 3 different Leupold scopes ... still couldn't get them to adjust without a couple good whacks with the rubber handle of my gunsmith screwdriver....

Bob
Posted By: Bull64 Re: Scope adjustments reliable? - 06/21/20
Weaver(several different models),Sightron SII and SIII,Bushnell Elites(Elite,3500,4500),1 of 2 Sig Whiskey3’s,and one Vortex (fan-boy bs) Viper 3-9x40...
I've used all sorts of brands and models of riflescope, and the scopes that I've found to have reliable adjustments are the following:

- Anything NF
- SWFA SS Fixed and HD lines
- Bushnell Elite Tactical LRHS/LRTS/DMRII/DMRII Pro/XRSII
- S&B (no experience with newer production, so can't speak to that)
- Vortex Razor 5-20x50
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Scope adjustments reliable? - 06/21/20

S&B
NF
ELITES
TRACT TORIC
MEOPTA
US OPTICS
Posted By: 300MAG Re: Scope adjustments reliable? - 06/21/20
Nightforce.......RUGGED, RELIABLE, REPEATABLE.....case closed!!
SWFA 3-15. Easiest sight in ever. First shot after bore sighting was 4 in high and 3.5 right. Dialed in the adjustments and centered the bull. Now it's range, dial, hit everytime. I've only used it out to 1000 yards but so far so good.
Posted By: KH1473 Re: Scope adjustments reliable? - 06/21/20
Sightron Big Sky scopes on most of my rigs. Never an issue with any of them
In my experience, I’d rate them in the following tiers:

Tier 1:
Bushnell LRHS, Zeiss DL or better, SWFA,

Tier 2:
Swarovski Z6, Z5, Z3, Zeiss Conquest (early ones which I believe were made by Meopta), Nikon Monarch

Tier 3: Leupold Vari-x-III, VXIII, Vari-x-II

Once you find reliable tracking, It’s hard to go back, even with a set and forget set up. I was really sad to see Nikon leave the sporting optics market. They were a best buy at the price point (I’ve had a half dozen). As stunning as the glass is, I won’t purchase another Swarovski scope...getting ready to send another one in:(
Ziess v4. Huskemaw. Nightforce. Swfa is only 50% without tracking error for me
1" Tubes.....Meopta Meopro, Sightron SII Big Sky 4-16, Weaver Classic (Japan) V16, Weaver "new model" Grand Slams, 2-8x up to 5-20x50

30mm ......SWFA 6x, 10x, 3-9 HD, Sightron S3 6-24x50.

34mm ......Steiner P4xi 4-16x56 (perfect tracking in the 5 I own)
Originally Posted by Sheister
Originally Posted by Tejano

I wish that were true but I have never had a loose ring or base screw or alignment issues as I check every ring alignment with a solid steel round bar I have just for the purpose, and I have had this problem for years. I've also tried running the adjustments back and forth many times to loosen up the erector threads, but to no avail... in fact, I went through this just last weekend on 3 different Leupold scopes ... still couldn't get them to adjust without a couple good whacks with the rubber handle of my gunsmith screwdriver....

Bob

Checking alignment with a bar is better than NOT checking it, but actually lapping rings will reveal misalignment you won't see otherwise.
I just got a SWFA SS 10X Milrad scope and I have to say it is as solid as Stick says they are. Took me a while to realize how much you have to adjust when the clicks are .1 mil , but once I got past that little understanding I am really liking this first of what I think will be several of their scopes.... I've also had good luck with the Weaver V16 scopes on several of my rimfires....

Bob

Once you shoot a scope that actually works,you are immediately ruined. While ANY scope can be gawked through,mechanics are that which matter most and once you can TRUST same,the whole enchilada changes. I reckon a few of them things,have come to fruition and a goodly portion of your larder is losing rapid luster,in extrapolation. It happens. Hint.(grin)

In actuality,the .1 mil erector graduation,is greater than either .25" per 100yds or .25 MOA,so it takes less adjustment to correct a situation. On the finite scale a .1 Mil "click" will move POA .36" at the 100yd line,which equates to 3.6" at the 1000yd line. The typical Reupold 1/4" at 100yd adjustment,will shift POA 2.5" at the 1000yd line,if they actually did track. That of course,if you are talking the lineal scale,as opposed to pissing up a rope and trying to duoble-dip and "convert" one scale to another(Mil's to MOA). You were supposed to call FIRST,as I've been through this a bajillion times and have long sorted THE Fast Track. Hint.

Cut to the chase and try to forget everything you think you "know" and start with CLEAN Slate. Simply run come-up's in .1 Mil graduations and factor wind as a Base 10 Formula,with range graduations in 10yd increments,starting at the 10yd line. Simplistic reaffirmation,will simply stare you in the face and there's NOTHING to "convert". Hint.

As an example in 22LR at sealevel,in current conditions,in the front yard. CCI Mini-Mag's if only for consensus and archaeic reasoning,meaning nobody has never not shot it and is familiar. Velocity 1235fps as an opening move and easily corrected without a chronograph,in but a coupla shots. 1.75" sight height,a 30mm mainstay on turnbolts. Only 500yds here,but it sets the stage and correlates principles. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Bore sight,shoot a single poke at at any cited distance inside the 100yd line and simply gawk the correction. No thang to correlate,correct,apply and set zero. If you are at 90yds and factor a prescribed 50yd zero impacting 1.1 Mil's low,that is easily arranged in seconds,the turret set to the 1.1 correction,zero'd there and it will be NO "surprise" that it's dead nuts at the 50yd line and on "0". Sole malady,would be gross atmospheric calculations input,or an inordinate velocity,at said distance. Hint.

From there I wanna KNOW a coupla things. Firstly,where my reticle loses it's ability to correct both elevation and windage. The 270yd line is 9.9 Mil's and it takes but a second to confirm same,on the reticle alone. Secondly,I wanna know how much erector travel remains in the system,because everything below zero is 100% fhuqking USELESS. That constant,fhuqks alotta folks up,likely because it's too simplistic. The 10X MQ has 40 Mil's internal erector travel,on centered windage and I want to retain ALL of that,I can arrange. Thus the copious amount of 75 MOA 1913 extended rails for Anschutz 54's,at my house. No thang to incorporate 'Horn's in the fray,so as to coax PRECISELY and I've prolly a "few" rifles wearing same. Hint.

From there,it's just a simplistic matter to confirm come-up's,tune DOPE and apply same as per whim. Obviously in 22LR,favorable atmospherics will do some large favors,for making such initial determinations. Hint.

Wind is simply factored as Base 10,due the impetus being a 10mph right angle of flight path influence. A quartering wind,cuts that value in half and before you even know it,you have taught yourself more about Wind reading in 5-shots,than the previous portion of your life. Mainly because you now have a scope that measures same,by simply looking through the fhuqking thing...which really ain't that "novel" for an aiming device,but in actuality IS. Call a 330yd shot as "full value",but drift in actuality is 3 Mil's,rather than the prescribed 4 and you KNOW that it was a 7.5 mph impetus. Don't slight the magnitude,of that inherent ability and how the principle applies to ANY bullet,ANY chambering,ANY velocity and at ANY distance. All by just looking though the fhuqking scope,you are looking through anyways. Now what WILL change,is the distance you can correct same,on the reticle alone,as there's 5 Mil's left and right of center. I'll often get in a Real World LR Rimfire Condition and dial in at lull value,leaving myself 5 "fresh" Windage Mil's to chase on top of that mechanical input. It's ALL lineal and graduations can be stacked,in whichever manner of preference,to yield the sum requisite. Hint.

Looking at the above supplied chart,one can see that the 5 Mil windshield correction factor,ends at the 430yd line for a 10mph full value influence. Stadia gets bold on many things,though with even a barely trained eye,one can extrapolate beyond happily(especially in haste). 20.6 Mil's of "up" and a 5 mil wind hold,is kid's play. 'Course NONE of this can be realized at The Playground or with out actually SHOOTING,which knocks more than a few outta da' mix. Hint. LAUGHING!

Scaling up a wee bit and looking in contrast,a "lowly" 7-08 with a 180 at 2600fps in like atmosphere,burns well shy of 5 Mil wind holdoff to the 2000yd line,with a Base 10 factored. That one REALLY fhuqks with heads.(grin)

Hint.

Anywhoo,welcome to the World of schit that ACTUALLY fhuqking works!

Now as to the V-16's,they've barely 40" per 100yds of total mechanical erector(and nothing on the reticle),while a 10x MQ reticle will simply subtend at 36" correction at the 100yd line,by simply looking through it. Once mechanics enters the fray,magnification quickly goes away. As an aside,the 10x MQ will adjust 140"++ at the 100yd line,if only in "fairness". Hint.

Interesting topic,I've not thought much of this stuff before.

Laughing!

Thank me later..................

I hear a loud silence around here. Has no one a comment on kintuky windage and knowing your 'holdovers' in the deer woods. I have done both and like it or not the bs is correct. Math actually works and is not that hard. If you own a rangefinder a reliable and consistent scope shooting is more fun.

mike r
Stick, I'll PM ya later...

The scope is everything you said and more. Even a dummy like me could learn a few things on this scope and I am really digging the reticle arrangement on this thing. Hope to give it a workout this week on some sagerats- heading out Tuesday for a few days to tally some scope practice on live targets...

Bob
Cummins just hung up his clamps ...
There’s more good info in Sticks post here than the sum total of posts in this forum in the last six months

Originally Posted by 300MAG

This^^^ ive also had good luck with SWFA ss fixed as well.
Originally Posted by lvmiker
I hear a loud silence around here. Has no one a comment on kintuky windage and knowing your 'holdovers' in the deer woods. I have done both and like it or not the bs is correct. Math actually works and is not that hard. If you own a rangefinder a reliable and consistent scope shooting is more fun.

mike r

I use holdover on certain setups where they are less likely to ever be dialed and I don't intend to shoot them beyond 500 yards. an example is my AR 223's I still just them for colony varmints to 500 ish yards. but that isn't primary. So use holdover with a reticle capable of doing that.
Posted By: Sam_H Re: Scope adjustments reliable? - 06/22/20
Another vote for SWFA. Have three SS fixed. Turrets are bankable, every time.

Some of my Leupold VX3s, but not all. They have other virtues, and rifles they serve don't need turret fiddling on the fly.

My older Permacenter Lymans don't need rapping. Nor do my older-than-that Super-Targetspots......oh, wait.......those use external adj mounts smile
If only in fairness,it has never been difficult to separate them who actually shoot,from those who TRY to talk like the do. That's a purty fhuqking Fair Warning. Hint. Laughing!

Not to steal any Playground or C-clamp "thunder". Hint.

I enjoy folks TRYING to talk well beyond their abilities,means and comprehension,while unknowingly schlepping Stupidity to places it's never been before...by simply doing their BEST. Some should read that again. Now one more time. Hint. LAUGHING!

Lineal Angular Scales,tend to be rather handy for everything. Doubly so,when the erector and reticle speak the same language and do same unerringly,throughout their adjustment latitude. A scope's job is to steer boolits and if your opening move is to make excuses for a scope's inability to do same,you just "might" wanna start taking notes and applying same. Hint.

Though I do very MUCH enjoy them that cain't connect a single fhuqking dot,or even use actual ammo in a REAL rifle,as a "test bed" for their "findings". The oblivious humor is simply offa the fhuqking charts! Hint. LAUGHING!

As an aside,mechanical shortcomings are not "virtues".

Hint.

Bless hearts for TRYING.

Laughing!....................
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock
There’s more good info in Sticks post here than the sum total of posts in this forum in the last six months

I believe this.....but I need a translation. It's over my head mostly.
only way to know is test yourself. people say SWFA, SWFA, my 20x doesn't track correctly, the 3x9 HD did, the 10x did, the 3-15 DID NOT. that is a 50% failure rate. lots of myths out there.
'shaw,

Lotsa wind/rain today and I'm playing with a new Donor rifle and reloading,so I'll toss a lifeline. You point to that which is too Technical and I'll soften it up. Hint.

I'd not linger,or fhuqk the opportunity away.

Re-hint.(grin)......................

Myths and Wives Tales abound,due to the perpetuation of same by CLUELESS Fhuqktards,doing their "best". Which is of course THE funniest fhuqking part. Hint. Congratulations?!?

(4) scopes that never saw a live round,under the auspice of "testing",is simply fhuqking HILARIOUS! Read that again. Now one more time. You Melting Snowflakes are a hoot! Hint.

I've "only" shot welllllllll over a hunnert SWFA's and only own 70+,unless I'm sandbagging.(grin) The only one of which hasn't seen actual trigger time,is setting in the box it was shipped in,which I've yet to open. Am waiting upon a coupla builds,which will rectify that situation. Hint.

Now as to the 3-15x in particular,I can only speak to them in the first hand ala MQ FFP's and DMR SFP's,none of which has begun to waiver under actual use and shooting confirmations. I realize that prolly ain't "fair" and I couldn't begin to formulate how'd they do mounted on a swing set,at The Playground,while yelling "Bang!" and "Get some!". I tend to actually flog upon wares and am more than a touch fluent in actual use,atmospheric influences and obscene round counts...in no particular fhuqking order. Blueprints run the gamut,mainly because I shoot it all and then some. Hint.

My Playground,pardon the live rounds. Hint. LAUGHING!

Typical outing. Hint.

Bless your heart you poor poor Retarded DUMB Fhuqk.

Hint.

LAUGHING!................
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
lots of myths out there.

... and statistical significance from a playground test, n of 4, with multiple uncontrolled variables; is one of them.
I videoed the 3-15. It returns to zero magically there is no way the test is bad you [bleep] tard. It’s impossible. If it can’t track when it’s not being shot. It’s not going to start when you shoot it. Keep living in bliss. Keep parroting the same bull$hit you hear on line that the tracking of swfa scopes are infallible. Some might be but not all.

Big stick. It hurts my head to read your posts.
cumsincowboys,

Ain't it a fascinating constant,that the only fact you can offer in the first hand,is the pain associated with your pointy head being so chockfull of Incredible Fhuqking STUPIDITY. Hint. Congratulations?!?

It'll only come as a "surprise" to you,that quivering lips,trembling fingers and copious drool,ain't "Test Equipment". There's NO slighting that your Melting Snowflake Routine,sure in the fhuqk is no "act". Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

In fairness however,now you can say you've "seen" a 3-15x mounted on an actual rifle,instead of a swing set,which makes it a VERY Big Day for you. Hint. LAUGHING!

Mighta' been a "fluke" though. Knowing me,I prolly have a "few" more. Hint. LAUGHING!

Typical outing,though only .243" bores here. Hint.

Bless your heart,for doing your best.

Hint.

LAUGHING!........................
I'm really getting tired of having scopes that need to be beat with a screwdriver, or tapped on the side when adjusting to get the adjustments to settle in. Why is it so hard to make a reliable erector system that goes up or right or left or down 1" at 100 yards when it says it will?

Which scopes that you own are reliable to just adjust and shoot and you get the adjustment you need? 1" up is 1" up and not 1" up and 3/4" right, adjust again, and again, and again, until you get where you need to be. And this is just to sight in- what if you have to dial in the field for a long shot? Can you trust your scope to get you where you expect to be when you take that shot you've been preparing for, possibly for years?

I find my Bushnell/Bausch & Lomb Elites to be about as close to what I expect as any scopes I own as far as being on target when I dial and adjusting where I expect them to go... my Leupolds always seem to be a fight to get adjusted where I want them to be...

What has been your experiences and which scopes have you found reliable.... and forget the Vortex fan boy nonsense- I've adjusted enough of my cousins, nephews, friends of son's Vortex scopes at the range on sight in days to know they are one of the worst I've dealt with..... Are the Meoptas, Swarovski's, Zeiss, etc... any better in this regard?

I do know that some of this is because of the scopes setting around, the lubrication inside gets gummy and interferes with the smooth function. But even with practically new scopes lately I can't seem to get an adjustment where I want it on the first couple tries to save my life on at least 50% of my scopes....

Okay, rant over and coffee is starting to kick in..... so, what say you?

Bob

NF
SWFA
S&B
Bushnell Elite Tactical line card
Zeiss V6 & V4

😎
I'll join in with the others, the plain old 6X SS is a sweet set up if you wanna learn and run an optic that does what it'll supposed it. Same for the 10X and 3x9's.. Those are the three I have ran

NF's and the Bushnell 4.5x18 and 3x12's have been pretty great as well with their G3 reticle.

Still, if the 6, 10 or 3x9's fit into your shooting they are a pile of goodness for not alot of money. I'll gladly take the weight penalty for knowing my stuff will work.
Big Stick,
Have you ran any of the HD models?
This one caught my eye.
https://www.swfa.com/swfa-ss-hd-10x42-tactical-30mm-riflescope.html?___SID=U
Any advantage?
I got a couple builds in the pipeline.
Thinking I need to pick up a couple.

dave
Originally Posted by beretzs
they are a pile of goodness for not alot of money.

dave
Be nice if the japs started making them again.....

dave
Have shot 'em(10x HD),but don't got 'em...because "glass" is amongst the LEAST important things,in a device that steers boolits. It gives away a fair amount of parallax correction too. I've pretty much got,or have at least shot,everything in their line up. Hint.

The Classic Fixed Fhuqkers with Illumination,would likely sell wellllllll beyond "briskly" and re-invent the wheel. Hint.

Have yet to see a Zeiss rifle scope worth a fhuqk. They struggle with reticles,tracking,zero retention and erector travel,if only for "starters". Hint.

It never pays to linger and The Sample List is always worth a peek. I make it a habit to peruse,so nothing gets overlooked,as I shoot 'em on everything...if only obviously.

Just sayin'.

Hint...................(grin)

Big stick you’re full of it. Keep basking in your swfa ignorance is bliss. Watch the reticle shift in the video.
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Have shot 'em(10x HD),but don't got 'em...because "glass" is amongst the LEAST important things,in a device that steers boolits. It gives away a fair amount of parallax correction too. I've pretty much got,or have at least shot,everything in their line up. Hint.

The Classic Fixed Fhuqkers with Illumination,would likely sell wellllllll beyond "briskly" and re-invent the wheel. Hint.

Have yet to see a Zeiss rifle scope worth a fhuqk. They struggle with reticles,tracking,zero retention and erector travel,if only for "starters". Hint.

It never pays to linger and The Sample List is always worth a peek.

Just sayin'.

Hint...................(grin)

For sure, if they lit up the tree like the Bushnells did they'd be crushers...
cumsincowboys,

You're insecurities are very WELL founded...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I simply drug the cursor on your Retardation and "Surprisingly",there wasn't a single rifle,nor a round of live ammo inclusive,though you can almost arrange the screen to be level,by yourself. Almost. Hint. LAUGHING!

It will save you a LOT of time,in that your Epic Fhuqking Retardation needs no more proof. It is glaringly HILARIOUS,that you are in welllllll over your pointy head,with your Open Mouthed Drooling and Brokedick Dumbfhuqkery. What do you "do" for a "living",given that "skill set"? Just how loud is your Imagination,when you "shoot" it at The Playground? Does it "kick"? Hint. LAUGHING!

Now as to the 3-15's in particular and because I have several versions as mentioned,though all Mil/Mil,they really ain't my jam. Have never seen anything in the first hand bordering a mechanical "woe",though I've only whistled 10,000rds+ through 'em. A goodly portion of which,was erector driven and I'm fairly certain it weren't aboard Safe Queens. Don't take me wrong,as I'm certainly NOT disparaging your "in depth" Playground "Reviews",less a rifle even being in proximity,because nobody can do a better job of revealing your INCREDIBLE Dumbfhuqktitude,than you can...by simply doing your BEST. I wouldn't feel right,in swiping such "glory" from you. Hint. LAUGHING!

Typical outing and I just "happen" to see a 3-15x MQ in the fray. Pardon the frame being square,the lack of C-clamps,live rounds and exceptional platforms that actually exist...in no particular fhuqking order. Re-Pardon there being more splendor in a single frame,on a rainy afternoon,than you've "seen" in your entire "Life". Hint. LAUGHING!

PLEASE "tell" and "show" me more. Hint.

Bless your heart,for doing your BEST,with what incredibly fhuqking little you "have" to "work" with.

Hint.

LAUGHING!......................

'retzs,

Bushie do some thangs,very rightly right and Illumination is squarely one of 'em.....................

No you didn't, you lying little mutt.
Big stick you’re full of it. Keep basking in your swfa ignorance is bliss. Watch the reticle shift in the video.

No, he's spot on.

Returning to zero properly says nothing about any misalignment present in your "apparatus".
lol, Optics Forum is never dull! grin
Jordan how is it misaligned when the reticle matches the line on the tall target? You’re full of $hit on that. Nightforce does not test their scopes with a single round of ammunition. When they quality control the scopes. Are you smarter than them? I can tell you the exact tracking error within .5 %. You will never know that by shooting. Why waste ammo when the scope can’t hold its $hit together statically mounted under no recoil.

Notice how it’s never oh. It appears there could be a problem there. It’s always you don’t know crap and let’s attack the messenger. Keep buying the same crap.
FO',

Oh how I concur and it's a simplistic matter,to simple hand out all the slack THE Retards "think" they can "handle". Hint.(grin)

I rather enjoy how vividly "REAL" their Imagination and Pretend is (to them). Fhuqking HILARIOUS +P++!!!! Hint.

LAUGHING!

Now actually fhuqking using a scope,is suddenly a "waste" of ammo. I'd liken it akin to not installing a Memory Card in a camera,for focus,IQ and meter reading "Testing". I'm content with Reality(understatement) and will happily leave Imagination and Pretend,to those that NEED it,if only because it's within their "means" and grants them opportunity to "afford" being able to "contribute". Hint.

LAUGHING!

Melting Snowflakes are never not a hoot and especially when doing their BEST. Hint.

Typical outing. Hint.

Bless their hearts for TRYING though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...................
Jordan how is it misaligned when the reticle matches the line on the tall target? You’re full of $hit on that. Nightforce does not test their scopes with a single round of ammunition. When they quality control the scopes. Are you smarter than them? I can tell you the exact tracking error within .5 %. You will never know that by shooting. Why waste ammo when the scope can’t hold its $hit together statically mounted under no recoil.

Notice how it’s never oh. It appears there could be a problem there. It’s always you don’t know crap and let’s attack the messenger. Keep buying the same crap.

I'm the first to raise doubts about data obtained using a questionable experimental setup, including my own as the case may be. Leave your feelers at the door and try to be more objective about your apparatus and your data. This has nothing to do with the messenger. I'd be equally critical of the data if it was me doing the testing with a setup like that. I'm not sure why you're going on about ammunition and NF when I've publicly stated that I find value in both optical and live-fire testing of scope tracking, and I do both routinely.

In your video it can be seen that the reticle and the grid appear to have a ~0.05 MRAD offset as you bring the turret back to zero. Are you saying that you really believe that your reticle and your grid were perfectly aligned and parallel to an uncertainty of 0.01 MRAD? Do you believe the 0.1 MRAD lateral shift you witnessed should be attributed 100% to the scope's internal mechanism shifting, and 0% to any misalignment or offset in your setup?

Notice how it’s never oh. It appears there could be a problem there.

You'd do well to take your own advice.
It's gonna be a VERY unsettling experience,the day she's able to afford her first live round and actually fire same. Hint. LAUGHING!

Typical outing,if only to her chagrin. At least she can "live" and "shoot" vicariously. Hint.

LAUGHING!

Bless her heart for TRYING though.

Hint.

Laughing!..............
This afternoon I dusted off a Kimber 308 I haven't shot in a while. I cleaned the barrel just because. Slapped a SWFA 6x MilQuad on top. I went from no scope mounted to zeroed in four shots. Dialed dope and POA matched POI for a nice 300 yard group, just under two inches. Adjustments that work do add to the enjoyment. grin
math',

Etch A Sketch,sells a LOT of scopes.

One can simply take a sighted-in Fixed Fhuqker,hand it to someone and let them TRY to "fhuqk it up". Whirl/twirl,undo caps,the whole Shanaynay and once the "mix" is complete...simply boresight,send one,then Etch A Sketch the correction for zero correlation. Set zero on both turrets and never miss a lick. Hint.

That one fhuqks with heads and sells ALOTTA glass...................(grin)
If I have make an adjustment that requires moving the turret away from the rector tube - usually UP or RIGHT - I go past my intended amount about 4 clicks and then turn it back into the erector 4 clicks. This helps remove any backlash and should eliminate the need for tapping the turret to settle it in.
That's yet another Aged Reupold Ploy and another glaring indicator,that you are gunning the wrong glass with "backlash". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now if only for conversation,cite the platform,it's fodder,base/rings and lastly glass particulars,along with it's application. Then muse typical corrections,because it'll be illuminating. Hint.

Once you taste stalwart mechanics,all the bullschit and excuses are gone and schit actually DO as intended. The Turret Tap,was yet another Reupold Ploy,to try and get friction adjustments "settled",which of course don't(can't) work either. Hint.

Typical outing. hint.

Just sayin'.

Hint...................

GFY
Originally Posted by tpcollins
GFY

pp,

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that your Melting Snowflake Routine is no "act"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Didja' experience some "backlash" in your reply? Hint. LAUGHING!

You CLUELESS Drooling Fhuqktards are a hoot! Hint.

Typical outing. Hint.

Bless your heart for Crying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!................
Ugly Stick,

Your rifles are ugly.

Happy Trails

Bob
Originally Posted by mathman
This afternoon I dusted off a Kimber 308 I haven't shot in a while. I cleaned the barrel just because. Slapped a SWFA 6x MilQuad on top. I went from no scope mounted to zeroed in four shots. Dialed dope and POA matched POI for a nice 300 yard group, just under two inches. Adjustments that work do add to the enjoyment. grin

Believe it or not I’ve done that (also with less shots) with a Leupold. I do believe there are better options however.

Happy Trails

Bob
Boob,

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

At least you "get" to gawk Splendid Pixels of Exceptional Wares as you "live" vicariously. Hint. LAUGHING!

You Drooling Fhuqktards are a HOOT! Hint. Laughing!

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

Originally Posted by BobBrown

Believe it or not I’ve done that (also with less shots) with a Leupold. I do believe there are better options however.

Happy Trails

Bob

Then after it settles in, you find your poi has shifted.
Ugly Stick,

Your rifles are ugly.

Happy Trails

Bob

That’s a fact.
Boob,

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

At least you "get" to gawk Splendid Pixels of Exceptional Wares as you "live" vicariously. Hint. LAUGHING!

You Drooling Fhuqktards are a HOOT! Hint. Laughing!

Hint.

too bad those are all spinning rods. they need to be fly rods to catch rainbows/steelhead of that size. spinning rod is cheating. dang big stick getting bored with the spray paint aint ya?
Jeezus Fhuqk,you Melting Snowflakes are a hoot...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise" that you Do NOTHING Drooling Dumbfhuqks,are glued to my every word and Splendid Pixel,as you "live" vicariously. Hint. LAUGHING!

No wonder The Playground is held in such high esteem?!? Hint. LAUGHING!!!

Typical outing. Hint.

Bless your hearts,for doing your BEST.

Hint.

LAUGHING!....................
Posted By: Fotis Re: Scope adjustments reliable? - 06/25/20
Originally Posted by beretzs
I'll join in with the others, the plain old 6X SS is a sweet set up if you wanna learn and run an optic that does what it'll supposed it. Same for the 10X and 3x9's.. Those are the three I have ran

NF's and the Bushnell 4.5x18 and 3x12's have been pretty great as well with their G3 reticle.

Still, if the 6, 10 or 3x9's fit into your shooting they are a pile of goodness for not alot of money. I'll gladly take the weight penalty for knowing my stuff will work.

I love my 6x SWFA
Every damn scope I've ever had was a PIA to zero. But once set the Leupolds and Nikons held zero better than most. I had an old VX-1 on my .280 Remington built on a 98 that held zero for 12 years of hunting until I put a VX-3i 3.5-10x40 on it last year. They are very under rated scopes.

I also had a Nikon Prostaff on a Remington 700 SPS .30-06 for about the same length of time that the only time I had to adjust was when I dropped the rifle when I slipped in the mud and the rifle landed on the scope hard. I had to take it to the range and it was off about 4" to the left and 3" low. Otherwise it never moved off zero. I've since rescoped it too with another VX-3i 3.5-10.
Originally Posted by Filaman
Every damn scope I've ever had was a PIA to zero. But once set the Leupolds and Nikons held zero better than most. I had an old VX-1 on my .280 Remington build on a 98 that held zero for 12 years of hunting until I put a VX-3i 3.5-10x40 on it last year. They are very under rated scopes.

FlamingJan,

PREACH it girl...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

How are you "confirming" zero and how many rounds of ammo in your "illustrious" "12 year" run?!? GOOD time to dangle a picture of that piece of fhuqking schit. Hint. LAUGHING!

Personally,I've not seen more than (3) NIB Reupolds Puke,on any one given day. Hint.

1000 words. Hint.

Unfortunately,I've never even seen a Custom 280,so can't comment there. Unless of course one is talkin' a straightened 700 and a MTU 8" Bart',Marty 45MOA extended 1913 fairly positively affixed,spec'd throat clearance and freebore,all for .796 BC's and miles of room to chase lands ala OEM box. Lapooey positive headspaced false shoulders,Double-ounce Shilen,Matt's S/S bottom,Kelly & Crew's HEAVY filled '5 and only (1) ball offa' Brass Monkey. Hint. LAUGHING!

You CLUELESS Fhuqking Droolers are a HOOT! Hint.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Happy Trails

Bob

Then after it settles is, you find your poi has shifted.

Thankfully doctors and dentists don't have equipment that works like Leupold "Let me tap the ol tooth drill on the table here so the speed I just set it to, takes"... That could get a bit unnerving. grin
Big Stick, you are one sick puppy but hang in there, you're very entertaining.
Originally Posted by Filaman
Big Stick, you are one sick puppy but hang in there, you're very entertaining.

FlamingJan,

"Convince" yourself,of the things you MOST need to hear...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You CLUELESS Droolers be SURE,to keep trying. Hint. LAUGHING!

Pardon yet another Custom 280 here,at 7:30. PN,MacaMillion,Badger,yada.yada,yada. Hint.

Don't "forget" about "your" piece of fhuqking schit 280 and Minimum Wage. HINT. Laughing!

Bless your heart for Crying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!!!................
Posted By: WDEA Re: Scope adjustments reliable? - 06/26/20
@ Stick, nice meat for the freezer!

That broken GLX breaks my heart, I have more than a few noodles GLX to play with and by far my favs.

Carry on....
Posted By: CGPAUL Re: Scope adjustments reliable? - 06/26/20
Wow..haven`t had that kind of trouble for many years..old lupie`s and Weavers. Many new scopes of different brands now on my rifles..usually bore sight at 25, fire a shot, move the reticule to the hole, fire another shot to conferm. Shoot at 100 and repeat.
A mistake IMO, I see every year at Sight In, is guys chasing the bullet hole with out calling their shot. How do you make an accurate scope adjustment if you can`t call an accurate shot?
'EA,

I've broken every GLX I've had,as they are brittle bitches. Paid the Loomis cash up front for Warranty and PLEADED my case to "down grade" to GL3,because I was DONE with GLX's. I'm sure they are still shaking their heads and I'm still laughing. Hint.

On my favorite 1141S,I'm welllllllllll over 2000 Steelhead upon it alone. Hint.

I'd go GL2 before GLX.

I'm better than 1000 Salmonids a year,if I'm dragging my feet(which has to happen).

Hint.

Very few can begin to comprehend the magnitude.....................

Case reopened. Nightforce, Bushnell LRTS/LRHS, SWFA.....RUGGED, RELIABLE, REPEATABLE.
TheBIGCry,

Bless your heart,for DREAMING aloud..you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute" you "lucky" kchunt. HINT. Laughing.

Bless your heart for Crying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............
The Marvel loopy always cracks me up..
Originally Posted by TheBigSky

Case reopened. Nightforce, Bushnell LRTS/LRHS, SWFA.....RUGGED, RELIABLE, REPEATABLE.

Correction, swfa maybe reliable.
Originally Posted by Certifiable

They fhuqking shoot. Both my Marvels,will put it on my 41.

Typical outing. Hint...................(grin)

Originally Posted by Certifiable

I've been waiting on the addition of a Wicked Lights A67iC 3-color-in-1 Night Hunting Gun Light Kit to it but Stick's uncertain about trying new stuff.....grin....
TheBIGCry,
Bless your heart,for DREAMING aloud..you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hey little buddy. I hope you are well. I'm sorry. I didn't meant to hurt your sensitive feelings by conversing with someone else. I actually can't believe that which I typed got you so wound up that you felt the need to explode. I think if you were to give the scopes I listed an honest try, you would change your mind and agree with what I typed. I hope your day gets better and hope you have a great day.
'BIC,

While a 1911 trigger will never begin to meet a 41's trigger,the Marvels are simply fhuqking AMAZING. You'd think a 12x parallax adjustable glass might resolve a few thangs and you're likely right.(grin)

I'd not discount a CT's grip ability and have heard good thangs about Streamlight TLR-4's. Hint.

Typical outing. Hint..................

The BIGCry,

Grab some more slack on the rope,because you are doing "GREAT". Hint.

Bless your heart for Pretending.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.....................
Little Buddy, you need to explain the rules. I type the following with which you obviously disagree for some reason, because I posted the following and

you then type the following.....
TheBIGCry,

To which I respond......
Hey little buddy. I hope you are well. I'm sorry. I didn't meant to hurt your sensitive feelings by conversing with someone else. I actually can't believe that which I typed got you so wound up that you felt the need to explode. I think if you were to give the scopes I listed an honest try, you would change your mind and agree with what I typed. I hope your day gets better and hope you have a great day.

Which once again makes you go apoplectic by typing the following:
The BIGCry,
Grab some more slack on the rope,because you are doing "GREAT". Hint.
Bless your heart for Pretending.
Hint.
LAUGHING!.....................

Once again, I apologize for hurting your feelings; but, if you were to try most Nightforce scopes, SWFA (6X, 10X and 3-9) and Bushnell LRTS/LRHS scopes you would come to the conclusion that I am correct and that those scopes are indeed rugged, reliable and repeatable. Tell us/me the rules so I don't keep angering you little buddy. Be well.
Posted By: Judman Re: Scope adjustments reliable? - 06/26/20
Such “crushing “ advice from the resident big mouth pow “guide”!!! 😂😂

Never been tough to see who hunts and who don’t...
Like the Vortex 2 X 7 Viper adjusted it yesterday in a different stock moved exactly as it should. Have several and that model seems to work well, it replaced all my Leupold 2 X 7 that would not adjust right.
k',

I've yet to see a Vortex hold zero,track or repeat...course same goes the Reupold 2-7's. Hint.

Typical outing.................

Posted By: WDEA Re: Scope adjustments reliable? - 06/27/20
@ Stick I had a Marvel moons ago that I had to let go and now still kicking myself.

GL2 and GL3 ONLY for putting meat in the box. Even the new GLX and IMX are glass in hand; light and fragile. Can't put any real heat on any chromer unless it's under 5lbs.

I've starter to roll my own using Rainshadows and going to put them to the test on the Olympic this fall.

BTW, I see a tin of H&N next to the purdy springer; kinda looks like an AA TX200 or a Beeman?

@ OP, my NF's have been the most reliable variables I have used. I have a few Golden Ring fixed power on dedicated BR guns and a few more on air rifles.

But to each their own...
I've had ZERO fhuqking "luck" with anything GLX or IMX and will cry like a baby when my favored GL3 1141S explodes...as it's banked over 2000 Steelhead alone(I've seen me use it on Salmon too!). Rainshadow makes some nice stuff. Hint.

HW97K .22 and I prefer JSB's,as my FWB300 LOVES the fhuqking things,though obviously in .177. I'm stocked right the fhuqk up with JSB Diablo 15.89's for the '97 and it do nice thangs. 8.4's in the '300 and it's a fair to middlin' Fly Swatter,amongst other things.(grin)

NightFarce is starting to get more schit right and finally doing some reticles,that can actually fhuqking work. I suffer some Reupolds myself and dat's hard to admit. Hint.

Kinda like a 22/45 for banging around,but my Marvels,is certainly MARVELOUS!(grin)

LAUGHING!..................
Posted By: WDEA Re: Scope adjustments reliable? - 06/27/20
The Krauts make fine springers, HW97K is exceptional.

My fancy is the TX200HC and ProSport with a steady diet of JSB Heavy and the HN 'cudas arent half bad.

Ya need to fling some 10ish gr JSB Hades, they tear it up!

@ OP, sorry to detract from original posting...carry on.
The '97 is a hammer,but the Feinwerkbau 300 has no equal.

It's sold ALOTTA rifles and glass................(grin)

Getting back on topic. I competed at rimfire benchrest at a very high level and used I Sightron 36X scopes (both SII and Big Sky) and found their adjustments to track very well. We shot at 50 yds and the adj were 1/8" at 100 yd. When I needed my scope moved 1/16", one click always did it for me. The adjustments didn't drift. I was in the minority using a Sightron as most went with higher end scopes that might have had better optics but, as a sighting device, for me, the precision of the adjustments was much more important than perfect optics.
ou "found",that while setting on your kchunt,you had "the cure"? HINT. LAUGHING!!!

A "big" 50yd "correction"?!?

You CLUELESS Fhuqktards are a hoot!

Hint.

LAUGHING!...................
I still say a customer service rep would be Sticks dream job.
Posted By: atse Re: Scope adjustments reliable? - 06/28/20
Originally Posted by rickt300

That is funny. This call may be recorded to ensure quality service. Ha!
Posted By: Bull64 Re: Scope adjustments reliable? - 06/28/20
Hint laughing...
Originally Posted by atse
Originally Posted by rickt300

That is funny. This call may be recorded to ensure quality service. Ha!

Hah! Wonder if you could keep a copy?
'EA,

I've broken every GLX I've had,as they are brittle bitches. Paid the Loomis cash up front for Warranty and PLEADED my case to "down grade" to GL3,because I was DONE with GLX's. I'm sure they are still shaking their heads and I'm still laughing. Hint.

On my favorite 1141S,I'm welllllllllll over 2000 Steelhead upon it alone. Hint.

I'd go GL2 before GLX.

I'm better than 1000 Salmonids a year,if I'm dragging my feet(which has to happen).

Hint.

Very few can begin to comprehend the magnitude.....................

Stick, I'm with you on the GL2's, never liked the GLX actions much so I try to keep my early Loomis rods in good shape as long as I can ... Have you tried any of the new Loomis North Fork rods? They are tremendous so far as I have experienced, which is exactly two of them my son bought and one I have.... just like the early Loomis but lighter... However, that Sage you're running is making me start my search again....

My Loomis fly rods are my favorite tool for anything fishy....

Bob
© 24hourcampfire