WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by duck911
Originally Posted by kevinJ

Don’t get me wrong
We have internet and netflix( rarely used), but we spend more time working, raising kids, and having fun. Rather than worrying about fake( reality TV)

Duck, maybe you should do the same

BTW duck. Trump 2020!!!!!

My kids are raised and gone, limited TV when they were here. Tonight was the first time I have ever even seen this stupid show, hence my post. It was news to me that the criminal on the show was actually a member here, as you read.

And if we don't get Trump for 4 more years, we are in a world of hurt!

And again the conviction was set aside on appeals. So he’s not a criminal.. chip has invited me few times to go out there and hang out. I passed on that invite.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Someone say ducks

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Interesting thread...seems to be a lot of "if you aren't doing it my way you are doing it wrong".

And for context, I couldn't give a toss if someone is beating them to death with a brick...just don't care.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

D
duck911 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by 79S
Someone say ducks

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Damn!

Lucky fugg! I want a Harlie (and an old squaw) for the wall, in a bad, bad way.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

D
duck911 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
[Linked Image]

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Chip's moniker on here is caribou. He is a good guy. You might find yourself more than liking him but he is straight subsistence. He follows federal waterfowl rules that are a bit different out there. Just saying that it is easy to critique a feller but you probably shouldn't do it if you don't know what their lifestyle is like. Up there they eat fermented seal guts that are held in a seal poke in oil for six months and fermented jellified swallows that they let rot in river banks for 5 months. Looks like of metallic.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I really enjoy one (or two cups) in the AM with a little creamer. If it's not available, I don't miss it at all. I don't go out of my way to an actual coffee shop for fancy chit during daily life, but there are some exceptions.

I'll gladly take a dessert cup of coffee if my wife and I are bundled up walking around at night in the snow in Telluride, or Jackson, or Vail, or whatever. But that's kind of a special occasion.

I will sometimes have a cup of coffee after a dinner with clients, where they want to tie one on but I want to stay sober enough to play my cards right.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
if sluicing a few water fowl off the water gets the ducks feathers ruffled, wait until he sees the episode where they motor their boat up on some caribou swimming across a lake and sluice a couple of them..It'll be worth a whole new thread about not needing to do it because they aren't starving...LOL...get a life already..

Last edited by TRnCO; 06/26/20.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by TRnCO
if sluicing a few water fowl off the water gets the ducks feathers ruffled, wait until he sees the episode where they motor their boat up on some caribou swimming across a lake and sluice a couple of them..It'll be worth a whole new thread about not needing to do it because they aren't starving...LOL...get a life already..

With their 10/22’s.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
The only challenge to killing power-plant waterfowl is getting them to come off the water early enough to shoot them on the 1/2 day days. You can tie one one the night before, sleep until 9:00, have a full breakfast, be setting decoys just before the crack-of-noon and still be 2hrs early.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
After being told THIS on P 2

Originally Posted by LoadClear

Was... His conviction was set aside... he had a run in with an unscrupulous storm trooper, but (while delayed), justice was restored (partially).
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...13202058/re-life-below-zero#Post13202058

You insist on calling him a "criminal" on P 6......geeze louise !

And you said this was your FIRST time to see the show.
Hardhead is the 'Understatement".

My kids are raised and gone, limited TV when they were here. ]Tonight was the first time I have ever even seen this stupid show, hence my post. It was news to me that the criminal on the show was actually a member here, as you read.

And if we don't get Trump for 4 more years, we are in a world of hurt!

Another one just made the list !

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
Man y’all some of the tv’ist watchin people.

I can go a week and not even turn the thing on.

You ain't turned on the TV in 30 years have ya?

The Duck of Death is one stupid Mofo fer sure

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've talked with Chip and he seems to be straight up! I also have spoken with a teacher from that area that thought very well
of the daughters and that usually says something about the parents.

I wish more kids could get exposed to a bit of that life style.

I haven't been to Noorvik but if the local store is anything like most bush villages, it's very basic......no supermarket here!
Most groceries and goods are flown in from Fairbanks where prices are already high. Gasoline and heating oil prices
are staggering.

Grocery store meats will be 2-3 times L48 prices and this family has the capacity to consume equivalent of a caribou per week.
There's not a lot of fresh veggies in their diet as these are protein people.

As far as being a "water swatter", most of my native friends have a 22 in the bilge water of their boat and they dredge that up for handling
cripples. Probably not a good idea on crowded L48 lakes!

I qualify as a subsistence hunter/fisher because of where I live related to the cost of fuel and groceries. Many of my neighbors participate, especially
in the caribou hunts, and they use their motor homes and jet boats for such. "Need" is not a factor! The Feds show up here in July and issue me two caribou tags and a moose
tag for federal land hunting. I don't participate as I don't need the meat and I prefer a wilderness experience. If there are motor homes there, it ain't wilderness!
The Feds gave us a spring waterfowl season a few years back and locals had it rescinded after one season as the unscrupulous got way carried away. My area
is an internationally recognized bird gathering and viewing area and we like our migrations. I do give the cranes hell every fall.

I've always thought it unfortunate that Sue at Kavik can't tap into some of that gas field she's sitting on. Heck of a field! Sue has mentioned that the old cat trains parked at Kavik
were left there in WWII as the Navy was exploring for oil.......not so......those are from exploration days in late 60s and 70s. They probably belonged to Western Geophysical.

But ...YES!.....these programs are scripted and providing some of these folks a bit of income to buy that new bot or sno-go.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Waste of four pages so far.

Bottom line: If the guy in Alaska is killing the waterfowl illegally, he is committing a crime, subsistence or not. If the laws allow him to do that, for whatever reason, he's not.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And once again, our trolls grow fatter and fatter, as you guys just can not help feeding them. They live on attention, which you willingly supply.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The most ridiculous scene I remember from that show was the gal shooting the old military rifle to see where it hit, then going out hunting with it and having to compensate for it shooting a foot off. Sighting it in never occured to them I guess.

LOL
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Dude married into the tribe up their.
Totally different set of circumstances.

I married into the penobscot tribe in maine.
Have access to penobscot and passamaquoddy lands and regs.

Bow hunted a couple of the islands on the river between old town and howland in 98.

Places been azz raped by brown downers indian and the white married into types.

Never bothered with it after that.

Waaaaaaay better hunting in T34MD and T32MD.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 160user, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 66 invisible), 2,753 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,192
Posts18,503,481
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.