Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
This is quite possibly the worst example of 1st-world-itis I've ever witnessed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sevastopol
One thing can’t be denied is they have built the best website in the business.

Sorry, maybe at one time, but I think that honor now goes to Primary Arms.

They don't have all the lines of products that Midway does, but their website works very well & their service levels & shipping performance are nothing short of phenomenal..........virtually 100% same or next day shipping as routine.

I've greatly reduced use of Midway...............way too much out of stock & their pricing is also not so attractive anymore.

JMHO, YMMV

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, Primary Arms rocks. I just ordered lower receiver parts from them and received the package 5 days later. Midway hasn't done that in quite some time.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Ok, I have confirmed, their site still works awesome here. Carry-on..

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
No savings to be had.
Specialized items to be had.

Pick your poison with Larry...

Hate the look on his mug at times in vid stuff.

JMO....

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
In the past we've all seen big increases in shipping and handling charges. That irritates me and others, I suspect that as well as increasing wages it covered costs associated with robotic handling system upgrades to decrease employee costs and eventually increase profits. As a result what we are experiencing is gap efficiency the robotics aren't as well programmed and prepared as they could be and problems result. Anytime some HR asswipe hires a position making the decision based on gender, race, or outside influence instead of qualifications of the applicant you have problems. The lack of a quality work force caused by politics results in more automation in goods processing. Get pissed about it all you want but that is exactly what's on the horizon. That's how I see it. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Ok, I have confirmed, their site still works awesome here. Carry-on..

I've been a customer of Midway for years and have not had 1 problem.
The last order from them was in March for 40 S-W ammo
Before that was Christmas for Shooting Sticks for a friend.

I hope any problem with them now is due to the PANIC and excess buying. GO America !!

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Nope, it's the new robots apparently.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Maybe so.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Originally Posted by Sevastopol
One thing can’t be denied is they have built the best website in the business.

I beg to differ.

Years ago the site was great. They have gone backwards. My biggest peeve with the current version is their search filters. It used to be a side bar menu or menus with check boxes qnd dedicated side scroll bars. They've altered it with sub menus that collapse or expand and no dedicated scroll bar for the side menu. Each time you select an individual selection, the whole sub menu refreshes and if you had expanded the sub menu, it collapses and starts you back at the top. So for example, if you want to search 30 cal rifle bullets in 180 gr to 220 gr range, you will have to select 180, then it refreshes, that sub menu collapses, takes you back to the top. You have to repeat that for each weight category and scroll way down. With no scroll bar for that sub menu, you either have to pan across to the far right of the page or use another method to scroll like the arrow key or pg dn. With the side scroll bar, you could just grab it and zip right where you wanted it.

It takes forever and is maddening. The Millennial or Gen Z "genius" that did this should be made to scrub the entire length of I-45 with a tooth brush with someone kicking him in the ass the entire way.

Unfortunately that is common on websites these days. I want a drop down that allows me to make all of my selections, then I want to hit go without going through the process again.

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
laugh

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Probably the damned robots again.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't forget about Natchez Shooters Supply. I use them far more often than Midway. Across the board their prices are very similar.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
The site does behave differently depending upon the platform, browser and user settings. I have zero complaints and absolutely love how it operates. Would like to sort by BC though.

Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Years ago the site was great. They have gone backwards. My biggest peeve with the current version is their search filters. It used to be a side bar menu or menus with check boxes qnd dedicated side scroll bars. They've altered it with sub menus that collapse or expand and no dedicated scroll bar for the side menu. Each time you select an individual selection, the whole sub menu refreshes and if you had expanded the sub menu, it collapses and starts you back at the top. So for example, if you want to search 30 cal rifle bullets in 180 gr to 220 gr range, you will have to select 180, then it refreshes, that sub menu collapses, takes you back to the top. You have to repeat that for each weight category and scroll way down. With no scroll bar for that sub menu, you either have to pan across to the far right of the page or use another method to scroll like the arrow key or pg dn. With the side scroll bar, you could just grab it and zip right where you wanted it.

The solution is simple. Instead of refreshing the page for each selection made, add an "apply" button where all the selections are made first, then "applied" in one fell swoop. An ANCIENT practice in use since early VAX, Unix and Windows applications. Having the additional side scroll bar isn't as big a deal since the arrow keys and pg dn can get you there pretty quickly. Refreshing and resetting to the top for each selection is akin to parking the moving truck down at the end of the block instead of placing the loading ramp as close to the front door as possible.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Don't forget about Natchez Shooters Supply. I use them far more often than Midway. Across the board their prices are very similar.

I use them too and no problems.

"IMO" --it seems to me that Midway has a greater selection/variety in their inventory.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I don’t like Midway

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I use them too and no problems.

"IMO" --it seems to me that Midway has a greater selection/variety in their inventory.

Wayy more. Much broader offerings by faaaaarrrrrrr.

--- Kid Rock 2022

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by gunner500
I'm larry pottedmeat with midwayusa, and that's the way it is.

Lol.

Just another way to sell schit, but dodge the customer. Amazon is doing the same thing. Amazon!

Yup, thanks for making us rich.........you can fu-k off now. crazy grin

That's what they're saying. But, not out of their mouths. Lol.

smile grin

Two first things to remember about retail:
1) It'd be a great job if it weren't for the fugging customers.
2) The customer is always an azzwhole.
Credit Kevin Smith for those two bits of wisdom. They've served me quite well during my career.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Midway used to be my go to. Had an issue with them about 5 years ago, they are now last on my list if I need something. Grafs has been my go to the last few years. Midsouth has been the back up.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
They and Brownells are probably swamped these days.

Retired cat herder.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (222Sako, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 51 invisible), 2,402 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,294
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.