-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think Big Stick is the Donald Trump of 24HCF: egotistical and obnoxious, but directionally correct.
At one time he was "NOBODY" at SH.

At one time I posted at AR. Those guys want scope bases soldered on thier Mausers.
At SH those guys want their scope bases epoxied on their round bottomed receivers.

At 24HCF there are so many posters and types of posters, I don't see a scope base consensus.

There was once a video by NOBODY that compared lapping rings to lap dancing:)

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by greydog
You sad, sorry, brainless, twit. I should have known that a description was beyond any chance for you to understand. Once again, dickweed, the goop does not go on the cap.
The glassbedding of the ring, as a substitute for lapping was done with various combinations just to ensure a decent fit. The first I saw of this was on rifles used by a couple of hillbillies from southern BC (the Forslund brothers), in the mid seventies, and, I'll confess, I copied them. Altering the technique to achieve some elevation enhancement was something I did on my own although I doubt I was the only one. I was trying to get enough elevation to sight a 24x Leupold in at 300m and be able to reach 900 with a 308. By doing this, I was able to get on at 300m with the scope at the bottom of it's adjustment and reach 900 with room to spare. The rings were, and are, any horizontally split ring. Rings like the Burris and Leupold are good. Rings which use angled screws to attach the cap are kind of limited since they can't tolerate much inclination. This was long before Burris was offering their rings with the inserts to accomplish the same thing.
I have to point out, this is something I only do to get more range out of rifles and scopes for F class or high power rifles. For hunting rifles, I don't need to shoot that far and am more in the "set and forget" camp.
I asked myself, before I wrote this, Do I want to go through the trouble of diggin out the old Polaroid so I can make some pictures for this mental midget, in hopes that he will be able to understand. My decision was, hell no, he's not worth the trouble and , even with pictures, he's still stupid so there is no guarantee. Maybe I should put some stuff on You Tube. I mean, if you can do it, how hard can it be. Just on looks alone, I've already got an edge. Add in personality and intelligence and I can't see how it could miss! GD

'475,

I've seen me use both,less issue(s). I ASSURE you,VarmintGal has never even "seen" same,let alone come close to shooting a platform so equipped.

Hint..............(grin)

dumbdog,

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that a coupla tries for you,ain't nearly enough...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

The query was thus: "Do tell about your "cutting edge" Crooked Gooped Ring Cap "results" and the inclination amount it "yields". I fhuqking DARE you to post a picture of same. Don't "forget" to cite the blueprint,base,ring and scope particulars. Hint. LAUGHING!" HINT.

If only to add more Delusion(s) to your Fantasy and bolster your Imagination and Pretend,how much erector travel is there in a Reupold 24x? What bullet and at what speed? What receiver? What base/rings? How were you staying supersonic at 900M? How high at 100,didja' gotta be,to "thread the needle with a 300M zero and have the erector bottomed out"? What sorta come-ups are requisite with same,from a 300M zero to 900M? If it helps,you are doing "GREAT" and really "know" your "stuff". You poor poor(literally) Clueless Fhuqktard. HINT. LAUGHING!

Might I add that "The rings were, and are, any horizontally split ring." was an EXCEPTIONALLY Fhuqking Hilarious touch too. now off you go,to try again. Read that again. Now one more time sloooowwwllllyyyyyyyyyyy. HINT. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,for talking out your ass,you Delusional Fhuqktard.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..................

Bark'n,

Bases/rings are far more square on the average,than receivers are and I rather enjoy your Imagination and it's Pretend...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqktards are a hoot! Hint. LAUGHING!

1000 Words. HINT.

Bless your heart for crying.

Hint.

Laughing!.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Has anyone heard from Big Stick ? I was told to avoid him , but never have even seen him.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Boob,

I rather enjoy how your Melting Snowflake Routine and STUPIDITY are no fhuqking "act",as you wax eloquent with your Vagina Monologue...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

1000 words.

1000 more and pardon,the welds,epoxy,thread locker,copious inclination,huge erector travel and the fact...that all is wellllllll beyond your "means","abilities" and "comprehension". HINT. Laughing!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

bless your heart,for doing your best.

Hint.

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Big Stick
You sad, sorry, brainless, twit. I should have known that a description was beyond any chance for you to understand. Once again, dickweed, the goop does not go on the cap.
The glassbedding of the ring, as a substitute for lapping was done with various combinations just to ensure a decent fit. The first I saw of this was on rifles used by a couple of hillbillies from southern BC (the Forslund brothers), in the mid seventies, and, I'll confess, I copied them. Altering the technique to achieve some elevation enhancement was something I did on my own although I doubt I was the only one. I was trying to get enough elevation to sight a 24x Leupold in at 300m and be able to reach 900 with a 308. By doing this, I was able to get on at 300m with the scope at the bottom of it's adjustment and reach 900 with room to spare. The rings were, and are, any horizontally split ring. Rings like the Burris and Leupold are good. Rings which use angled screws to attach the cap are kind of limited since they can't tolerate much inclination. This was long before Burris was offering their rings with the inserts to accomplish the same thing.
I have to point out, this is something I only do to get more range out of rifles and scopes for F class or high power rifles. For hunting rifles, I don't need to shoot that far and am more in the "set and forget" camp.
I asked myself, before I wrote this, Do I want to go through the trouble of diggin out the old Polaroid so I can make some pictures for this mental midget, in hopes that he will be able to understand. My decision was, hell no, he's not worth the trouble and , even with pictures, he's still stupid so there is no guarantee. Maybe I should put some stuff on You Tube. I mean, if you can do it, how hard can it be. Just on looks alone, I've already got an edge. Add in personality and intelligence and I can't see how it could miss! GD

'475,

I've seen me use both,less issue(s). I ASSURE you,VarmintGal has never even "seen" same,let alone come close to shooting a platform so equipped.

Hint..............(grin)

dumbdog,

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that a coupla tries for you,ain't nearly enough...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

The query was thus: "Do tell about your "cutting edge" Crooked Gooped Ring Cap "results" and the inclination amount it "yields". I fhuqking DARE you to post a picture of same. Don't "forget" to cite the blueprint,base,ring and scope particulars. Hint. LAUGHING!" HINT.

If only to add more Delusion(s) to your Fantasy and bolster your Imagination and Pretend,how much erector travel is there in a Reupold 24x? What bullet and at what speed? What receiver? What base/rings? How were you staying supersonic at 900M? How high at 100,didja' gotta be,to "thread the needle with a 300M zero and have the erector bottomed out"? What sorta come-ups are requisite with same,from a 300M zero to 900M? If it helps,you are doing "GREAT" and really "know" your "stuff". You poor poor(literally) Clueless Fhuqktard. HINT. LAUGHING!

Might I add that "The rings were, and are, any horizontally split ring." was an EXCEPTIONALLY Fhuqking Hilarious touch too. now off you go,to try again. Read that again. Now one more time sloooowwwllllyyyyyyyyyyy. HINT. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,for talking out your ass,you Delusional Fhuqktard.

Hint.

Bark'n,

Bases/rings are far more square on the average,than receivers are and I rather enjoy your Imagination and it's Pretend...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqktards are a hoot! Hint. LAUGHING!

1000 Words. HINT.

Bless your heart for crying.

Hint.

Laughing!.....................

I've used scope bases without issue my entire life except for once when the receiver on a M70 was under sized

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
700's like to have the rear bridge "located" all over the place and it's standard fare to chase same. One can shim,bed or go 'Horn's...if not a melding of same. Though I'm rather enjoy Dumbdog's Crooked Ring Delusions and "uncanny" ballistic "knowledge". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
No trouble staying super sonic with 155 Scenars, starting out at 2960. I don't recall what the total travel was on that particular 24 but it was enough. I never shot that rifle at 100 so couldn't tell you how high it was but I reckon about 5.5 or 6 inches. I had a little cushion. Oh, steel Weaver bases and Buuris Zee rings (high). That rifle was a short action Model 70 with a 29 inch Krieger barrel. It has since been rebarreled to 6.5 CM and set up for M-S. Another one using the gooped ring system is a long Model 70, 308, 26 inch Swiss Arms barrel, 20X Leupold in a Leupold std mount (I don't really like those mounts but I had it in the drawer). Another is a PGW action barreled in 30/40 Krag and using a 20x Lyman BR scope. Steel Weaver, Burris rings. Another is a CIL 950T with a 28in, 8twist barrel in 22-250. Weaver T25, Weaver bases, gooped Leupold rings. A pre-war Model 70 with 28 inch barrel in 30/06 uses another Leupold 24. Weaver bases, Weaver rings, gooped. A Ruger 77 in 30/40 Krag uses Ruger rings, gooped, to hold it's 24x Leupold. A sleeved 40x in 308 uses weaver quad-lock ring, gooped for fit only, to hold the 36X weaver. This rifle was built to shoot 300 to 600 meters only so no inclination required.
I can push the 30/40's a little harder than a 308 and start the 155's at 3000+. 190's can be started at 2650+ with no problems. Rimmed cases are strong.
The truth is, Limp Stick, I use a bunch of old stuff that still works for me. Some of these scopes, I've had for over forty years. If I can hit center, it's working well enough to suit me. I don't like variables and only have a couple. The hunting rifles all use fixed power scopes, from 2 1/2X to 6X and have no need for any inclination to shoot to the 400 yards or so to which I limit myself on game.
Here's a confession for you, although I think some of my hunting rigs are pretty rugged, I still haven't been able to bring myself to toss one over the bank on purpose. Keep it up. I like the videos but you have to work on your narration a bit. For those times when you are in the picture, you may want to consider the use of a stand-in.
To get back to the original question; yes, epoxy is your friend. GD

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
dumbdog,

I've never heard of a 155 Skinner,so admittedly,you "got" me there...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I VERY much enjoy,that besides being a CLUELESS Fhuqk,that you just also "happen" to be a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

HILARIOUS Delusions! Hint.

First you were wayyyyyyy back in History,as you "discovered" your Crooked Ring Delusion and then suddenly it's Skinners for the "win",after an atmospheric query and a little more slack on the rope,for you to attempt to "handle". Your ballistic "knowledge" is absolute fhuqking HILARITY! Hint. LAUGHING!

1000 words. Hint.

Kudos on almost discovering what a paragraph is,in "all" of those years of "R&D". ALMOST. You Drooling DUMB Fhuqks never disappoint,by doing your "best" and Sweetie...you are on fire(liar,liar). Rest assured,that I'm as at ease in sandbagging,as you are in talking out your ass. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for TRYING though.

PLEASE "tell" me "more"!

Hint.

LAUGHING!

WOW +P++++!!!!!.................

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I didn't discover anything, dumass, I just came up with an expedient way to accomplish some inclination. I have no doubt that others did the same though I didn't see it. Most, like you, simply buy their answers. Need some elevation, buy some signature rings or an inclined base. That is the easy way and the way you, with your plethora of damaged brain cells, have to use. That's OK. You are what you are. GD

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I didn't discover anything, dumass, I just came up with an expedient way to accomplish some inclination. I have no doubt that others did the same though I didn't see it. Most, like you, simply buy their answers. Need some elevation, buy some signature rings or an inclined base. That is the easy way and the way you, with your plethora of damaged brain cells, have to use. That's OK. You are what you are. GD

dumbdog,

The only things you "shoot" are your mouth and Imagination...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Your Delusional Dumbfhuqktitude is HILARIOUS and your replies yet shorter,you Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. I very MUCH enjoy how "real" your Imagination and Pretend are to you! Hint. LAUGHING!

Sadly,I've never seen a base with inclination either. Hint.

LAUGHING! Pardon only 60MO/MO's on the 'doo. Google it all. Hint.

PLEASE "tell" me "more",because you REALLY are doing "great"! Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for TRYING,you Drooling Fhuqktard.

Hint.

Laughing!.............

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Ugly Stick,

Are you here? Oh well. I hear you are a annoying sumbit...ch
anyway. I’m not missing anything I’m sure. I would like to see your ugly rifles though just to see for myself how ugly they are.

Happy Trails

Bob

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Boob,

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

At least you "get" to gawk Splendid Pixels of Exceptional Wares as you "live" vicariously. Hint. LAUGHING!

You Drooling Fhuqktards are a HOOT! Hint. Laughing!

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

Laughing!....................

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I have to admit, that is a decent fish. I'd have to do some serious photoshopping to get any of our little mountain trouts to show that well. I need a half dozen to make a meal!
Recent? GD

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
dumbdog,

You are sucking the wrong ass. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I've not been fishing in 25yrs+. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!...................

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
where are the pics of sis, how is she doing these days.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I be she's hang in there.(grin) Prolly should go Bear Hunting this evening,in the rain.

Hint..................

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I wouldn't be surprised to learn it's been years since you could lever your sorry ass off the couch and down to the river but was curious. With photoshop and stuff, it's hard to believe a photo. Especially one from a world class source of make-believe BS. Really entertaining but I've had enough of your crap for now. If you should ever have something to say, other than your same old tired shidt, go ahead and post it. Something I don't already know would be good. I know, I know, forgive you for having pretended to do it all. GD

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
dumbdog,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you MUST...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You are simply devoid the faculties,to begin to have an inkling to the magnitude and rest ASSURED,that is the funniest fhuqking part! Hint. LAUGHING!

It'll only come as a "surprise" to you,that you were DONE,long before you even "thought" you had "started". Read that again. now one more time. Hint.

Pardon Facts overloading your pointy head and crossed eyes,in such reliable fashion. Hint. Laughing!

Now you can say you've actually "seen" a shim,which makes it a VERY big day for you. Hint.

LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for doing your best,with what INCREDIBLY fhuqking little you "have" to "work" with.

Hint.

Laughing!...................

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Ugly Stick,

When you get a real job and can afford quality equipment of your own (social media influencer exempt) , I will teach ya' a thang or two.

Happy Trails

Bob

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Boob,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you MUST. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You'd need a co-signer for the tape. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

Laughing!.................

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 1Akshooter, 10ring1, 61 invisible), 2,474 guests, and 1,364 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,048
Posts18,500,939
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.