Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Hickok45 has upped his game in carry handguns due to the riots and mob violence.

GB1

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
FN 5.7 , lots of 10 round mags (CA here), and Mossberg 12 gauge semiauto. With slugs and buckshot in the tube.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by travelingman1
Just curious. How many times in the last 10 years has an armed citizen (not a police or security type) needed more than 7 shots in a shooting situation?

What has that to do with the current trend?

I saw this coming for a while now. Was already preparing. Yeah, I won't say how or with what, but there's more firepower on tap.

Simple really. Just want to know how often, more than a single gun load has been needed in the past. Can make a case (and have seen it made often) for multiple firearms, extra ammo, ARs, AKs, etc.. Could make a case for just staying home and battening down the hatches, BUT how many times has such actually been needed. Not could be, not maybe, but how many times it has actually been needed? And yes, I carry every day.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes, very much so. I went from a 1911 Officer's Model 45 ACP (6+1) To either a Glock 21, 31 and I even bought a 17 the other day..

Last edited by jorgeI; 06/26/20.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I only see boos and commies when I turn on the TV.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I only see boos and commies when I turn on the TV.

Yep.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old Ornery
FN 5.7 , lots of 10 round mags (CA here), and Mossberg 12 gauge semiauto. With slugs and buckshot in the tube.

^^That's how you do it.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
No changes. I have been up gunned for years now.

Sam......

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
one of the nice options available today is the sig p320, or M17, with those 20round magazines.
however, 9mm contra to the current mantra that they work fine changes when you are staring at a 6ft 7 300lb former linebacker recently released from prison for beating a guy to death with a brick.
the word .45ac comes to mind, like in a springfield xd or a glock 21, or a glock 20.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Not WHAT I carry..... HOW MANY !! Walking softly and carry a big stick. BUT if you are carrying a brush pile, wellllll
Lots of good info here. I live in the boonies and still, over the years all of my neighbors have had stuff stolen. I am pretty much a private person but make it VERY public you do NOT mess with me or mine !! SOME TIMES a reputation will save a little shooting. I never worried about a carry gun when I was young. Now I am old and running isn't an option. One thing to remember is to be MENTALLY ready. In a stress situation you will automaticley do what you practice. The trainer at the CC class years ago said one of the other trainers was old military and after a shoot training he would bark at the students to police their brass. They started to have cops getting shot and looked in to the training to see what was up. THAT brass policeing was getting their guys shot. WHILE in the fight the cops were trying to pick up their brass... just like they were trained. Just having a gun my not be enough............ You are what you eat. Ray

Last edited by Ray63; 06/27/20.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Figuring to help the communities out and I've decided to trade in my truck on an old but effective ride.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ray63
Not WHAT I carry..... HOW MANY !! Walking softly and carry a big stick. BUT if you are carrying a brush pile, wellllll
Lots of good info here. I live in the boonies and still, over the years all of my neighbors have had stuff stolen. I am pretty much a private person but make it VERY public you do NOT mess with me or mine !! SOME TIMES a reputation will save a little shooting. I never worried about a carry gun when I was young. Now I am old and running isn't an option. One thing to remember is to be MENTALLY ready. In a stress situation you will automaticley do what you practice. The trainer at the CC class years ago said one of the other trainers was old military and after a shoot training he would bark at the students to police their brass. They started to have cops getting shot and looked in to the training to see what was up. THAT brass policeing was getting their guys shot. WHILE in the fight the cops were trying to pick up their brass... just like they were trained. Just having a gun my not be enough............ You are what you eat. Ray

I heard, many years ago, that that was a reason that the NYPD eliminated the range routine of cops placing their empties in a bucket after ejecting their Model 10 revolvers into their palms. Apparently, in the heat of combat, cops would eject into their palms, then look for a bucket to drop their empties in.

I don't know for sure it's true, but that account was going around back in the day. Could be apocryphal.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

We see a lot of people removing their mag's, not letting them drop. this also is a very bad habit. we all carry a spare mag, or two, empty mag's in your pocket, won't help you in a gun fight.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just curious. How many times in the last 10 years has an armed citizen (not a police or security type) needed more than 7 shots in a shooting situation?

I saw this coming for a while now. Was already preparing. Yeah, I won't say how or with what, but there's more firepower on tap.

Simple really. Just want to know how often, more than a single gun load has been needed in the past. Can make a case (and have seen it made often) for multiple firearms, extra ammo, ARs, AKs, etc.. Could make a case for just staying home and battening down the hatches, BUT how many times has such actually been needed. Not could be, not maybe, but how many times it has actually been needed? And yes, I carry every day.

I give you, Sarajevo.

If you don't have a clue what happened there, you will certainly not understand the parallels.

This didn't happen 250 years ago. Almost all of this was on Clinton's watch. Certainly, the heaviest fighting and destruction.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?...o=ImageBasicHover&cw=1117&ch=385

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
still pack my Colt 1911a1 and added 4 more mags

Retarded,Rich,Famous
Hunting,Target Shooting,Women
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Ray63

that story was told to us about the brass going through certification in t he 70's.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by local_dirt

I give you, Sarajevo.

If you don't have a clue what happened there, you will certainly not understand the parallels.

This didn't happen 250 years ago. Almost all of this was on Clinton's watch. Certainly, the heaviest fighting and destruction.

you miguation. And then there was my croatian cousin who had moved to bosnia. good business, well liked, which is what saved him. neighbors came and said you have 24hours for you, your family, to get back to croatia, or you will be dead. he got back to croatia just ahead of the wolves.
I ended up buying a springfieldxd partially because it said made in croatia, told my cousins there it's me helping international trade.
you would hope it wouldn't come to that here. maybe not in rural idaho, but if you are around where those feral gangs are?

Last edited by RoninPhx; 06/27/20.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I don’t owe a pistol, but I’m going to get one! Sold the last one after I had the stroke 12 years ago. Going to have to shoot left handed!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Does DEET work to keep Antifa and stupidmatters people away?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by local_dirt

I give you, Sarajevo.

you might say i am kind of familar with that. a air force family member walking through the ice rink with all the dead bodies parked for family identification. And then there was my croatian cousin who had moved to bosnia. good business, well liked, which is what saved him. neighbors came and said you have 24hours for you, your family, to get back to croatia, or you will be dead. he got back to croatia just ahead of the wolves.
I ended up buying a springfieldxd partially because iti said made in croatia, tell me cousins there it's me helping international trade.
you wold hope it wouldn't come to that here. maybe not is rural idaho, but if you are around where those feral gangs are?

Ron, you obviously get it.

As I've mentioned before, these feral swine and their handlers have NO problem murdering and burning children.

What do you think they'd do to us?

PS- I have a Croatia XD, also. It has never burped. Not even once. It has its character marks from being a truck gun for many years, but still functions flawlessly.

Last edited by local_dirt; 06/27/20.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 222ND, 51 invisible), 2,578 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,582
Posts18,473,355
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.