Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I joined a group on Facebook called California Big Game Hunters yesterday because I wanted to talk about California banning the import of African big game trophies.
This measure passed the other day by a 5 to 1 margin.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I swear to God, 50% of the reactions were all for the ban....in fact the moderators put a lock on the post preventing further comment.

Then....I made a poster on that page that said.

CAN WE HAVE A CALM, RATIONAL DISCUSSION ABOUT HOW POLITICS AFFECT YOUR HUNTING AND GUN RIGHTS IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA?

THEY REMOVED IT.

Mind you this is a group called California big game hunters with several thousand members.
I will most likely never be able to hunt Africa, but by God I stand strongly with All hunters and All gun owners.
This division will certainly be the end of us.

California brainwashes the fu gg out of people from a very early age.
I used to really get pissed when I would hear people refer to us as California conservatives...like we are lightweight pussy conservatives....but I am truly starting to believe it is true for the most part....this is just pathetic.
I'm so ashamed of where I live and understand the dislike of people from this state.

Proud NRA Life Member

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Don't forget to pay your taxes.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I would say move, but Californians appeared to be like Tomcats. What they don’t pizz on they tear up.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by viking
I would say move, but Californians appeared to be like Tomcats. What they don’t pizz on they tear up.

Yeah...I'm that guy...🤣

Proud NRA Life Member
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by deflave

They'll be sure to remind him.

OP, you sound like me several years back when I came to the realization just how many "hunters" favor 2A limitations. And severe limitations at that. Pretty deep feeling of betrayal.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by copperking81

OP, you sound like me several years back when I came to the realization just how many "hunters" favor 2A limitations. And severe limitations at that. Pretty deep feeling of betrayal.

Strong suspicion that more than a few 24HCF members support the trophy ban as well....division will be the end of us.

Proud NRA Life Member
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
If social unrest reaches my rural area, I had planned on bagging a few African heads for display purposes. Rethinking that in view of this change, I suppose I should just bury them? Grin.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by copperking81

Because they think that certain limitations will mollify and cause the rabid left to abate their confiscation efforts.

Sad but exactly why the populace of few, if any, Red states welcome transplants from California.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've always thought you were alright Sal, I've also always thought it to bad you were stuck where you are.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sounds like a serious 4th Amendment issue... maybe if another good judge or two ends up on the SCOTUS you will stand a chance of tossing that.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Its a 'feel good' measure....have your trophies shipped nearby out of state...go pick them up yourself.

Who exactly is gonna enforce it...especially with police being defunded..

Of course the answer is always to move the hell out of there to someplace in America...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I've always thought you were alright Sal, I've also always thought it to bad you were stuck where you are.

It's bad here.
I have a few extremey conservative, extremely avid hunting friends left here, but most have moved away.
I have a great home, job and family.
I'm still not ready to blow all of that up and move into a studio apartment in Idaho quite yet, but Im getting really tired.

Proud NRA Life Member
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The mention of California for some strange reason brings this vid to mind for me lately.....
LOL!!!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Because they think that certain limitations will mollify and cause the rabid left to abate their confiscation efforts.

Sad but exactly why the populace of few, if any, Red states welcome transplants from California.

I'd be thrilled to learn they put that much thought into it.

Unfortunately, they're just short sighted dumb fugks.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Yes, leave that poopy-curbed country, if you don’t like it.

Would 100% support no voting for 10 years.......period, when relocating to another State.

It allows the chance to be de-indoctrinated before doing damage to another conservative State.

Even ‘conservative’ Californians.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So, African animal parts possession is banned, but drugs, illegal residence and stupidity are not.

California was once a great place, but it needs to be erased. I'm rooting for San Andreas to help.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

I'd be thrilled to learn they put that much thought into it.

Unfortunately, they're just short sighted dumb fugks.

Like northern east coast folks moving south.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ingwe
Its a 'feel good' measure....have your trophies shipped nearby out of state...go pick them up yourself.

I'm pretty sure one of those super conservative neighbors would turn your ass in at the nearest opportunity.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Originally Posted by 12344mag

It's bad here.
I have a few extremey conservative, extremely avid hunting friends left here, but most have moved away.
I have a great home, job and family.
I'm still not ready to blow all of that up and move into a studio apartment in Idaho quite yet, but Im getting really tired.

Sal...I know thats all been hashed out here numerous times before...too bad you aren't a bit younger.

I escaped the east right out of college, got to Montana and instantly decided I'd shovel horse schitt for $2 an hour if thats what allowed me to stay here...

Theres living...and theres 'existing'..

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Sal you seem to be a good guy and hunter. I hate the crazy politics of your state. I know this would be tough for a lot of folks because of family and jobs etc, but I'd get the hell outta California.
I would fight to change the system for a time but if my freedoms and beliefs didn't matter, I'm gone.
Life's too short!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (222ND, 1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 67 invisible), 2,295 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,066
Posts18,482,544
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.