Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
1. Does it reduce how far an expelled virus will travel?
2. Does it reduce the area that expelled virus will cover?

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I'm in favor of wearing a pair of small jockey shorts as a mask, with the butt cut out and the elastic waistband holding it in place. Preferrably a new pair that's never been worn! One from the boys' underwear department should be a pretty good size.
Jerry

I’m concerned that you sound pretty sure on the required sizes...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

https://www.infectioncontroltoday.com/view/cloth-masks-are-useless-against-covid-19

“I don’t necessarily discourage the public from wearing them (cloth masks) if it makes them ‘feel’ comfortable, but I hope they don’t think that they’re protecting themselves.” - Lisa Brosseau, ScD, is a nationally recognized expert on infectious diseases.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by antlers

https://www.infectioncontroltoday.com/view/cloth-masks-are-useless-against-covid-19

Read what you linked.....I didn't read all of it and stopped as soon as I read the following. I'm not pushing masks but there's as much BS against them as there is for them. Quote below directly from the article you linked. She states it as diminishing the viral load in the air in a healthcare setting. It would do the same out of a health care setting.

But it’s a good option for patients to wear in healthcare settings where they-especially for those who are experiencing symptoms-to what I would call diminish the viral load. Basically, decrease the amount of particles, infectious particles in the air in a healthcare setting.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I noticed you edited your post. It's not about protecting the person wearing it.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
She states it as diminishing the viral load in the air in a healthcare setting. It would do the same out of a health care setting.
In a healthcare setting, they deal with patients who are critically ill with fulminant infections, and the virus is aerosolized in conditions where they suction the airway, and do endotracheal intubations and extubations. The viral load is WAY different with these patients compared to people in public. And the aerosolized conditions described above are certainly different than the conditions you’d encounter in public. These are conditions unique to caring for critically ill infected patients in the healthcare setting, and are NOT the same as those outside of the healthcare setting.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I noticed you edited your post.
?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
She states it as diminishing the viral load in the air in a healthcare setting. It would do the same out of a health care setting.
In a healthcare setting, they deal with patients who are critically ill with fulminant infections, and the virus is aerosolized in conditions where they suction the airway, and do endotracheal intubations and extubations. The viral load is WAY different with these patients compared to people in public. And the aerosolized conditions described above are certainly different that those you’d encounter in public. These are conditions unique to caring for critically ill infected patients in the healthcare setting, and are NOT the same as those outside of the healthcare setting.

The premise of reducing the viral load in the air is the same.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
virus is aerosolized

Masks stop wearers from inhaling aerosolized virus but not the ones that come out of a guy’s mouth who spits when he talks?

Thanks in advance!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In a healthcare setting, they deal with patients who are critically ill with fulminant infections, and the virus is aerosolized in conditions where they suction the airway, and do endotracheal intubations and extubations. The viral load is WAY different with these patients compared to people in public. And the aerosolized conditions described above are certainly different that those you’d encounter in public. These are conditions unique to caring for critically ill infected patients in the healthcare setting, and are NOT the same as those outside of the healthcare setting.
The premise of reducing the viral load in the air is the same.
She says cloth masks are useless against Covid-19. She’s an infectious disease expert. If wearing a cloth mask makes you feel better, then have at it. Nobody’s tellin’ you not to wear one.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Jesus, people are stupid sheep, easily led to both the pasture and the slaughterhouse.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
virus is aerosolized
Only under certain circumstances in the healthcare setting, described earlier.
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Masks stop wearers from inhaling aerosolized virus but not the ones that come out of a guy’s mouth who spits when he talks?
Cloth masks are useless against Coronavirus. There’s a difference between ‘airborne spread’ and ‘droplet spread’...like the guy “who spits when he talks”. Significant difference. Aerosolized (‘airborne’) means that the virus can remain suspended in the air.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks in advance!
laffin’

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cloth masks are useless against Coronavirus.

Why, two posts ago, were you suggesting they have value when health care workers wear them?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Originally Posted by arkypete
Having watched people walk through my neighborhood wearing a mask, driving their autos alone, working in their yards, masked up in the grocery store like they were walking through the Ebola ward. I'm thinking spreading the word across the nation that wearing ladies sanitary napkins held in place with rubber bands are far superior to the store-bought masks. Any ideas on how to this idea?

Cool, got a pic of how ya look!

Well when he wears the feminine napkin over his face and has a diildo in each ear he kinda looks like you on a normal day.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cloth masks are useless against Coronavirus.
Why, two posts ago, were you defending health care workers wearing them?
lol

Nope. Not at all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The 1st major stage of indoctrination is now complete.....................

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nope. Not at all.

So cloth masks don’t do anything in a healthcare setting, only respirators?

Why do surgeons wear them when operating?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So cloth masks don’t do anything in a healthcare setting...
Not against Coronavirus.
Why do surgeons wear them when operating?
lol

Surgeons don’t operate on patients with active Covid-19 infections if at all possible. They wait until the infection has cleared. If they must though because waiting is not possible, surgeons don’t wear cloth masks when operating on patients with active Covid-19 infections.

lol some more

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yesterday, I literally saw a woman wearing a mask in the grocery store, she got the urge to sneeze, and she removed the mask to sneeze because she didn't want the mask to get gross.
<No editorial comment required here>

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 1minute, 163bc, 204guy, 10gaugeman, 58 invisible), 2,617 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,592
Posts18,473,455
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.