Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by g5m
Originally Posted by Terryk
Aerosolized particles are suspended in the air by heat, and gravity has very little impact. This is called Brownian motion of aerosolized particles. The particles are expelled just like CO2, water vapor, and odor. Like smelling lungs when you gut a deer. Garlic odor or water vapor during exhale is bigger than the virus at 60-80 nm.
Entrainment, not entrapment works on that scale, so electrostatic forces bind nanoscale particles in multiple weave filters. They bump, and get stuck. So more layers have greater contact and entrainment potential.

Funny. I was always taught that the virus transmission person to person was via droplets. (Virus in the mucous droplets). Where does the heat come into this or are we talking totally different things?

Certainly true individual virus particles are unlikely to be significantly impaired by a mask And if you are writing about true particles then you're really needing high level containment gear. That's a different fish, for sure.

The particle size that is hardest to trap is not a single virus, (0.06/.08)but a couple / few suspended in water vapor. Water vapor actually stabilizes the lipid bilayer of the virus, and water vapor being polar likes some bonds. A good relationship. Generally the least captured size is about 0.3 microns. At that size they offer small contact potential through the weave, and are less likely to have random motion in at room temperature. So the go straight through things like HEPA filters. A person can see down to 30 microns so these are not viable like fog. I doubt you will find anyone wearing a mask that exceeds HEPA filtration, and naturally full eye seal. So people exhale a distribution of water /goop droplets every breadth, and if virus is there, it takes a ride. Smaller drops have a longer path is a multilayer mask, so they get trapped easier. With single layer low efficiency masks they pass through and act as a gas (under 0.3 microns). So simple masks don't work for exhalation droplets below about 0.4 microns or so. Great for your exposed eyes though.

GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Droplets are questionable, but aerosolized virus in not defeated by a single layer of cloth. Virue is 1000 times smaller than the weave on cloth. Using multiple layers in a N95 can adsorb the majority, if fitted well. That mask is night and day better that most masks. Then there is the issue of transmission through the eyes. At that point any mask is useless unless eyes are not protected.
In the end, better to wish for herd immunity. Masks don't work.
You can look up data with nanoparticles for reference. NIOS, CDC, OSHA. 60-80 nanometer particles are pretty much a big issue.

CDC. Hahaha. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
Don’t like them never have and haven’t had to wear one where we live, but if I still want to go buy groceries (HEB) I HAVE to wear one to be allowed inside. Guess I have to be one of the sheep now...

You’d rather comply than stand up & be counted?

Just remembered. I hate seat belts.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by JMR40
Wearing a mask is much better at keeping the virus inside the mask than preventing it from getting in. All of them are more likely to prevent those who have been exposed from spreading it. It may not prevent you from catching the virus, but it is about 10X better than nothing. If you wear a "real mask". A bandana isn't a real mask, but still better than nothing.

I'm not in a lot of places where I'm around crowds, but when I am I wear the mask. Don't particularly like it, but doing so is the quickest way to end this crap and start getting back to normal.

Instead of bitching about it, man up and do the right thing.

There's a novel thought. Protect an old fart.

I Dindo Nuffin
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Ha!, I see the masks under the nose, on the chin, on the neck, in the hand, sometimes even on the face.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Geezus I sure am glad there are so many goddam experts on here. My doctor says masks definitely help control the spread. Makes sense since all the damn doctors and nurses wear them and I reckon they don't do it strictly as a fashion statement. Pardon me if I put just a wee bit more stock in what they say and do vs the experts here. What a buncha fuggin jackwagons.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Doctors and nurses don’t wear cloth masks.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Nobody said they did. If you're too fuggin stupid to acquire a surgical mask and wear it when forced to be near other ass holes then you deserve to die. Hopefully slowly and horribly painfully.

Last edited by Blackheart; 07/02/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Nobody said they did. If you're too fuggin stupid to acquire a surgical mask and wear it when forced to be near other ass holes then you deserve to die. Hopefully slowly and horribly painfully.
Dr. Fauci and many of the other bureaucrats (Governors and other politicians) are telling the mass of people to wear cloth masks. And the mass of people are wearing cloth masks.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wearing a mask is much better at keeping the virus inside the mask than preventing it from getting in. All of them are more likely to prevent those who have been exposed from spreading it. It may not prevent you from catching the virus, but it is about 10X better than nothing. If you wear a "real mask". A bandana isn't a real mask, but still better than nothing.

I'm not in a lot of places where I'm around crowds, but when I am I wear the mask. Don't particularly like it, but doing so is the quickest way to end this crap and start getting back to normal.

Wear a face diaper if you want.

But if you want to force others, FOAD and stay home, Karens and let tge adult get on with making things happen.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Viruses are tiny. They are strands of genetic material, no more. They are nearly as small as the brains of some of you around here.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Chick at the Wendy's drive through was wearing one crocheted from yarn. I [bleep] busted out laughing at her.....felt bad when she looked hurt.

I've worn one a total of once (DMV)
It said "my governor's an idiot" on it. Got a lot of laughs

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Droplets are questionable, but aerosolized virus in not defeated by a single layer of cloth. Virue is 1000 times smaller than the weave on cloth. Using multiple layers in a N95 can adsorb the majority, if fitted well. That mask is night and day better that most masks. Then there is the issue of transmission through the eyes. At that point any mask is useless unless eyes are not protected.
You can look up data with nanoparticles for reference. NIOS, CDC, OSHA. 60-80 nanometer particles are pretty much a big issue.

This study is horse puckey. We are concerned with virus, not "respiratory droplets." More propaganda by those who get paid to push it.

Masks have no efficacy for viral particles.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I’m looking for a Lone Ranger mask.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Geezus I sure am glad there are so many goddam experts on here. My doctor says masks definitely help control the spread. Makes sense since all the damn doctors and nurses wear them and I reckon they don't do it strictly as a fashion statement. Pardon me if I put just a wee bit more stock in what they say and do vs the experts here. What a buncha fuggin jackwagons.

Mr. King of the Adirondacks with all due respect you are being a moron...... the mask won't save you.
The devil is in the details... medical people wear them to protect patients and they have training courses on how to properly use them and medical grade mask.
So you may as well strap your Haynes underwear on your face and feel good about yourself..... lmao

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by jfruser

But if you want to force others, FOAD and stay home, Karens and let tge adult get on with making things happen.

You fuuckin lemmings are a hoot. I have no problem staying the fuuck away from people for months on end. Did it for years before this virus hit. I used to work alone and would go weeks at a time with no human interaction whatsoever. Hell in the winter when I was laid off I'd have to remind myself to go start my car every once in awhile to keep the battery from going dead. You people are like colony rodents and just can't bear to be by yourselves. You dipshyts who refuse to wear a mask because it's uncomfortable deserve a fuggin bullet in the head if you infect somebody else because of your selfish stupidity and I pray to the god of all that's fair and just that you get it, right between your squinty little close set eyes.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

This study is horse puckey. We are concerned with virus, not "respiratory droplets." More propaganda by those who get paid to push it.

Masks have no efficacy for viral particles.

Rong. Masks catch a lot of the droplets. The droplets dry and the virus sticks to the mask filaments.

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by irfubar

Mr. King of the Adirondacks with all due respect you are being a moron...... the mask won't save you.
The devil is in the details... medical people wear them to protect patients and they have training courses on how to properly use them and medical grade mask.
So you may as well strap your Haynes underwear on your face and feel good about yourself..... lmao
You wear one tp protect me if you cough/sneeze/breathe in my vicinity dipshyt and vice versa. Same reason the doctor wears one to protect his patients. Is that too fuggin hard for you simpletons to understand ?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jfruser

You fuuckin lemmings are a hoot. I have no problem staying the fuuck away from people for months on end. Did it for years before this virus hit. I used to work alone and would go weeks at a time with no human interaction whatsoever. Hell in the winter when I was laid off I'd have to remind myself to go start my car every once in awhile to keep the battery from going dead. You people are like colony rodents and just can't bear to be by yourselves. You dipshyts who refuse to wear a mask because it's uncomfortable deserve a fuggin bullet in the head if you infect somebody else because of your selfish stupidity and I pray to the god of all that's fair and just that you get it, right between your squinty little close set eyes.

I hope I get it too. At 48yo and no health issues, I'd rather get it over with. You're just another stupid sheep following the .gov shepherd. Gullible [bleep].

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by irfubar

You wear one tp protect me if you cough/sneeze/breathe in my vicinity dipshyt and vice versa. Is that too hard for you simpletons to understand ?

It's not my job to protect your dumb [bleep] ass. If you're high risk, take proper precautions.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 66 invisible), 2,606 guests, and 1,376 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,448
Posts18,470,996
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.