Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Whatta Dillbean.

Such entitlement........ha!

Say....anyone up for a coon hunt????? Lets run them hounds!

I am MAGA.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Local guy that I've been letting hunt my land for years... started chatting me up the other day about how I am privileged... and I need to let more folk like him hunt the land... "Afterall they have needs too."

I asked him where this was all coming from... I had never heard it before. He told me the recent events got him all stirred up about how people like me had such an advantage over people like him.

I told him I was going to let the land rest for a few years and nobody would be hunting it except myself maybe.

He was furious.
Awesome. No sarcasm here either. If anybody is entitled, it is those guys that think they've got a RIGHT to hunt other's land. This has went on as long as I can remember with the NRA, Outdoor Life, Hunter's Safety Phags, etc. all stressing going and asking permission, sucking up, etc. Certainly you should ask permission to hunt, but all I mention has fostered the idea that once you do, it is a given that you'll be allowed to. Landowners seem to have that idea too and bow all too easily to people pestering them to hunt or fish. I don't run some charity game preserve for deadbeats. Hunters want to come in, trash the place up and sue you because they tripped on their own dick and it's your fault. You are obligated to let them hunt.

Let the land and animals have a break. I like your idea.

Me, too.

Open mouth. Insert.. foot, arm, testicles.

Moron.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Your privileged to paying taxes on your property.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Send him the local Real Estate Buyer's Guide.

He can buy all the land he can afford.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Local guy that I've been letting hunt my land for years... started chatting me up the other day about how I am privileged... and I need to let more folk like him hunt the land... "Afterall they have needs too."

I asked him where this was all coming from... I had never heard it before. He told me the recent events got him all stirred up about how people like me had such an advantage over people like him.

I told him I was going to let the land rest for a few years and nobody would be hunting it except myself maybe.

He was furious.

Standing Ovation!

Now, set cameras up and post no tresspass signs, if you haven’t already.

He’s probably gonna try to hunt your place....Because he’s privileged!

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Beaver10
He’s probably gonna try to hunt your place....Because he’s privileged!😎

Or loot it, then burn it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
He’s probably gonna try to hunt your place....Because he’s privileged!😎

Or loot it, then burn it.

This. I'm hoping Cash's home doesnt catch a bullet or his dog isnt poisoned.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

He was furious.

This is simply mind boggling. He didn't just chit the bed, he pizzed on it for good measure.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Amen

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The guy who you barred from your land must be incredibly stupid to think that he could insult you like that and not suffer some pushback.

EDIT: I had a guy park his travel trailer on some land that I used to own in NH. I reported the trespassing to the town police, the county sheriff, and the state police. They left their business cards and asked the owner to contact them, but nobody, to my knowledge, ever contacted them. I finally met with the town police chief and the county sheriff to see what I could legally do to evict this squatter. They told me that since I'd never met the guy, or even seen him on the property, I could consider the travel trailer and all of the other stuff to be trash that had been illegally dumped and had a right to remove it from the property. So I contracted with a guy to remove all of the trash. I never heard from the guy who owned the stuff, but I heard that he had family in the area who had told him that it was land owned by someone, me, who lived out of state who never visited the property. Someone even put up "No Trespassing" signs to keep others out. Talks about chutzpah!

Last edited by 260Remguy; 07/03/20. Reason: Added comment
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I ran an ad on craigslist awhile back. Offering to trade a few weekends of work to any local farmer in return to allow me and my kids to ride ATVs on their non agricultural land.

Figured they'd get to know me, I'd show up and do some work for them and we'd gain mutual trust with each other over time. Once they realized I wasn't going to steal or tear up their land, we'd both benefit.

The only response I got was from some crazy woman chastising me for trying to ruin a farmers land.

Maybe I wasn't reaching the intended audience. Never occurred to me that the farmer was more privileged than me. Maybe I should have led with that.

Last edited by KFWA; 07/03/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Good for you. What an idiot.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A tale of two hunters- - - - - -

About 25 years ago, I met two guys at a local Mom & Pop gun store who were unhappy with practically all of the local land being leased. They were from a town about 100 miles east of our neighborhood, and they were having a hard time finding a place to hunt. I invited them to come to my place for an afternoon hunt that day. They accepted, and one of them scored a pretty nice forkhorn buck. That afternoon hunt turned into a long term friendship , but only for one guy- - - -he would show up pre-season and help mend fences (I was running a small beef herd back then),
He built permanent tree stands, ran the bush hog, and generally helped improve the hunting environment. The other guy would just show up, hunt, and leave. When he pulled a travel trailer onto the place 50 feet from my front door and left it there all season I had had enough. I asked that guy for a small lease fee to help me pay my property taxes. He claimed he couldn't afford it, and disappeared. Good riddance!

The first guy still hunts my land, free of charge, and he still shows up off-season to volunteer his help with anything the place needs!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
I think you should only let white billionaires hunt.
NGAF what you think phaggot.

A bit of anger management issues this morning - like pretty much all mornings for you. Your rants and raves make my day. Keep on keepin' on. smile

And still NGAF Phaggot.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
A tale of two hunters- - - - - -

About 25 years ago, I met two guys at a local Mom & Pop gun store who were unhappy with practically all of the local land being leased. They were from a town about 100 miles east of our neighborhood, and they were having a hard time finding a place to hunt. I invited them to come to my place for an afternoon hunt that day. They accepted, and one of them scored a pretty nice forkhorn buck. That afternoon hunt turned into a long term friendship , but only for one guy- - - -he would show up pre-season and help mend fences (I was running a small beef herd back then),
He built permanent tree stands, ran the bush hog, and generally helped improve the hunting environment. The other guy would just show up, hunt, and leave. When he pulled a travel trailer onto the place 50 feet from my front door and left it there all season I had had enough. I asked that guy for a small lease fee to help me pay my property taxes. He claimed he couldn't afford it, and disappeared. Good riddance!

The first guy still hunts my land, free of charge, and he still shows up off-season to volunteer his help with anything the place needs!
Jerry

that was the kind of relationship I was hoping to build in my example above.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
So if you need any brush cleared, or fences mended, or hay baled, I know a guy. Just kidding. Buy my point is I’ve always offered to help the local farmers. Some accepted, others not. Their choice.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Just watch out for vandalism from the underprivileged “neighbor”.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

He was furious.

Standing Ovation!

Now, set cameras up and post no tresspass signs, if you haven’t already.

He’s probably gonna try to hunt your place....Because he’s privileged!

😎

Beave, That's exactly what I was thinking.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He thinks you should let everyone hunt your farm cause your so lucky/privileged . No need to try to explain that luck and privilege have nothing to do with it .

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (06hunter59, 1_deuce, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 222Sako, 1minute, 69 invisible), 2,635 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,564
Posts18,473,207
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.