Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I just want it put out there that my Ex did not pay for any guided big game hunts or safaris I may have taken cool

I am only pointing this out because some people apparently find this significant.

It's only significant if you brag on it and use it to hang your hat on as some sort of validation.

Don't worry, you're still a bitch.

MAGA
GB1

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
This restriction sucks. It comes shortly after a ban on bobcat hunting. Arizona or Nevada here I come for fall hunts.

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
FÜCK FACEBOOK

Big time!

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So are you.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If a guy is fortunate enough to have his wife’s income help support his endeavors, which probably applies to many, if not most here, therefore his exploits, exceptional as they may be, have no validity?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lots of African trophies roaming the streets right here at home. Go out and get you one

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If a guy is fortunate enough to have his wife’s income help support his endeavors, which probably applies to many, if not most here, therefore his exploits, exceptional as they may be, have no validity?

Always have told my wife that if she was truly rich, as in megabucks, I'd have no problem being a kept man.

Of course, I'd likely do all I could to have a few places to stay outside this State.

One in AZ, one in MT, two in AK, maybe one in the Northeast. A man can't hunt western game only you know.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Always have told my wife that if she was truly rich, as in megabucks, I'd have no problem being a kept man.

Of course, I'd likely do all I could to have a few places to stay outside this State.

One in AZ, one in MT, two in AK, maybe one in the Northeast. A man can't hunt western game only you know.

I'm pretty sure my marriage vows at least implied that all funds were to go into a joint bank account. I mean compared to everything else promised that seemed a minor detail smile

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I'm pretty sure my marriage vows at least implied that all funds were to go into a joint bank account. I mean compared to everything else promised that seemed a minor detail smile

Joint account yes, but getting the funds out for hunting trips can be difficult to do if one wants to instill harmony in the relationship.

Not ALL funds of ours go in the joint account. That was established early on. Eggs in one basket type of thing maybe?

Must be working. Been together since '96, married since '99.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Congrats cool

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Found this post rather entertaining. If you all only knew how many east and west coasters have been lost on my properties.........requiring search by me after dark, when they didn't show.

Most couldn't get a hold of me, because no cell service down in a valley.

Also, most don't know east from west, even on a sunny day. When you start talking directions......deer in headlights look.

Flat land, you bet.

I always tell them to fire 3 arrows in the air when they get lost........they nod.

We started out putting reflectors 100 yards apart.......now we put them 25-30 yards apart.

Many have problems with barbwire fences.......and gravel roads too.

which begs the question. Is there even a Wilderness area in Iowa?

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Congrats cool

I married her for her smarts.

Had nothing to with the fact that the first time I saw her she walked into the lecture hall in very tight spandex running pants and sat down basically in front of me, or that after getting to know her while studying that SHE was the pretty gal in the picture of the student activities flyer that taught belly dance, or the fact that she loved my dog, knows as much or more biology than I do, and could live as frugally as I had to while in school.

Nope, it was all for her smarts. wink

In it is contentment

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I've had this discussion with buds over the years. My answer hasn't changed. Put her coin in a trust for the kids for college, or toys. Pride is a hard thing, but necessary IMHO.

Luckily (or not?) ain't been an issue here. One pot everything goes into. Lean or fat still one pot. If she won't live with me on what I make then she isn't worth having.

I wouldn't be able to be a kept man living off someone else's funds. Just doesn't sit well.

MAGA
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

So much for capitalism.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

I've had this discussion with buds over the years. My answer hasn't changed. Put her coin in a trust for the kids for college, or toys. Pride is a hard thing, but necessary IMHO.

Luckily (or not?) ain't been an issue here. One pot everything goes into. Lean or fat still one pot. If she won't live with me on what I make then she isn't worth having.

I wouldn't be able to be a kept man living off someone else's funds. Just doesn't sit well.

BGG,

if, in the course of life, you ran into a gal who was "independently wealthy" and you two got together, you would ask her to put all her money in a trust for the kids (we don't have that issue, both in our 40s when we met) and then ask her to live on what you make? Even if she asked you to move in with her in her mansion if S FL (you could visit 'flave there!) for part of the year and live in a nice "cabin" in MT during hunting season?

The first few years together we struggled some, then I got the good job, paid for the higher ticket items like health insurance, getting cars repaired, down payment on our first new car together. Eventually her career caught up and passed mine and she took over some of that stuff.

We both agreed, if we ever hit the PowerBall for big bucks though, we'd take jobs or volunteer with things we really enjoyed and help our siblings and such. Money is to enjoy.........................after the bills are paid that is!

In it is contentment

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

BGG,

if, in the course of life, you ran into a gal who was "independently wealthy" and you two got together, you would ask her to put all her money in a trust for the kids (we don't have that issue, both in our 40s when we met) and then ask her to live on what you make? Even if she asked you to move in with her in her mansion if S FL (you could visit 'flave there!) for part of the year and live in a nice "cabin" in MT during hunting season?

The first few years together we struggled some, then I got the good job, paid for the higher ticket items like health insurance, getting cars repaired, down payment on our first new car together. Eventually her career caught up and passed mine and she took over some of that stuff.

We both agreed, if we ever hit the PowerBall for big bucks though, we'd take jobs or volunteer with things we really enjoyed and help our siblings and such. Money is to enjoy.........................after the bills are paid that is!

I shall answer this, I am married to my wife and what is mine is her's...and vice versa.

Unless the wife in question is a bitch in which case what is her's is mine and what is mine is my own.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JSTUART

BGG,

I shall answer this, I am married to my wife and what is mine is her's...and vice versa.

Unless the wife i question is a bitch in which case what is her's is mine and what is mine is my own.

I tend to agree.

My wife laughs when I tell her I'm putting my foot down though.

I kinda like her so I hang around even though I have to accept her bringing peanut butter across my threshold. I hate that stuff.

In it is contentment

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by RemModel8

I'm sure it is, but you're not Salmonella from California. Ask her who's name is on the inherited house deed. Never not funny

So what who's name is on the deed...marriage.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JSTUART

BGG,

Unless the wife i question is a bitch in which case what is her's is mine and what is mine is my own.

I tend to agree.

My wife laughs when I tell her I'm putting my foot down though.

I kinda like her so I hang around even though I have to accept her bringing peanut butter across my threshold. I hate that stuff.

Ahh...you cannot cook worth a damn either.

My Daughter told my wife that if she ever left we would just follow her so we don't starve.

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (25aught6, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 222ND, 163bc, 61 invisible), 2,474 guests, and 1,095 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,489
Posts18,529,792
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.