Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Reopening schools.

President Trump said "Everybody wants it, the moms want it. The dads want it. The kids want it. It’s time to do it.”

WHAT IF HE SAID THE OPPOSITE?

President Trump said "Nobody wants it, the moms don't want it. The dads don't want it. The kids don't want it. It’s time to eliminate schools.”

Which plan makes you hate him more?

Plan A)

Plan B)

If you choose BOTH... maybe you should reflect on that answer some.

-------------------

Reposted from my Facebook page (way I phrased it et al)... I like ginning up trouble there even more than here.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ain’t gonna happen, not yet, too many openings for lawsuits.

When? I don’t have a clue.

JMHO

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This is really deep man.

LOL
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I don’t expect our daughter will be attending school in the traditional 5 day per week sense. Maybe a couple days a week on rotation with the other students but definitely not full time like before Covid. She’ll be doing a lot of work online.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

JMHO

Do you think the schools should reopen?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Which plan makes you hate him more?

Have a heart.
When you refer to covid19 and kids just leave HIM out of the issue.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
John Kennedy said we need to get this country moving again, in 1960.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

JMHO

Do you think the schools should reopen?

From a biological sense, ya, let it hit the fan, make hydroxychloroquine and zinc freely available as a prophylaxis. Get it over with.

From a real-world sense, politically impossible. Right now I’m guessing it’s gonna be as stated; some of the kids one day some on the next, all the kids paranoid. With the option of staying home if they want. I figure I’ll be “teaching” online again, from my room, with the kids who have parents coming in to consult.

For the kids with parents who don’t give a damn, ain’t gonna see them hardly at all.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Schools should reopen, period. Actually, schools should disappear from the governments radar. Let parents figure it out, no public schools

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

From a biological sense, ya, let it hit the fan, make hydroxychloroquine and zinc freely available as a prophylaxis. Get it over with.

From a real-world sense, politically impossible. Right now I’m guessing it’s gonna be as stated; some of the kids one day some on the next, all the kids paranoid. With the option of staying home if they want. I figure I’ll be “teaching” online again, from my room, with the kids who have parents coming in to consult.

For the kids with parents who don’t give a damn, ain’t gonna see them hardly at all.

You don't think that tax funded schools have an obligation to reopen?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RemModel8
Schools should reopen, period. Actually, schools should disappear from the governments radar. Let parents figure it out, no public schools

Could not agree more.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by deflave

You don't think that tax funded schools have an obligation to reopen?

I do, otherwise, kill them. Kill all tax funded schools, let parents worry about how educate their kids.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
“Closing” the schools ain’t being discussed AFAIK, at the very least we’ll be back to online.

I expect I’ll be required to be in my classroom “x” number of hours, I have always way exceeded that anyway.

The State Government in Austin will decide what constitutes meeting our obligation to the taxpayer, as their employee I will start from there.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B

Our district will be giving parents the option of sending their kid to school or the kid doing it all online at home.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
“Closing” the schools ain’t being discussed AFAIK, at the very least we’ll be back to online.

I expect I’ll be required to be in my classroom “x” number of hours, I have always way exceeded that anyway.

The State Government in Austin will decide what constitutes meeting our obligation to the taxpayer, as their employee I will start from there.

Let's try one more time...

Do you feel that tax funded schools should reopen for face-to-face, in-person schooling, five days a week?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trump might be better off keeping his mouth shut. No matter what he says, it's going to be used against him.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Trump might be better off keeping his mouth shut. No matter what he says, it's going to be used against him.

2020 James sounds just like 2016 James.

LOL

Do your country a favor and STFU.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Fireball2
This is really deep man.

Feel free to rewrite it if it's too deep for you. I won't mind one bit.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
The teachers want the paycheck and benefits, but they would prefer collecting it without dealing with the kids. Kind of like the US Forest Service admin people, been home drawing full pay for months and loving it. In the end teaching is just another government job (and one with not a stellar track record)
The parents with grammar school kids would like to see school start up to ease the financial burden of child care, and it's a big burden. Hired a babysitter lately?
All this has a lot more to do with money than health. Gotta wonder what the teachers unions are thinking now, if they play along politically with keeping it closed, at some point they are going to start losing buildings and grounds, taxpayers don't feel like funding empty buildings, private enterprise can teach via computer...maybe better, the unions will start losing people that pay for over extended retirement funds. Far reaching consequences and big sea changes ahead.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Trump is taking on the teachers unions ....I wonder who will win?

I saw a post on a website last week the predominate occupation( of those employed) of arrested BLM protesters was school teachers, not sure how accurate the statement was but lets you wonder?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 1936M71, 01Foreman400, 160user, 16penny, 58 invisible), 2,421 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,652
Posts18,474,627
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.