Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

There are some morons who automatically reject anything that Science tells them. They're fools.

That would be 95% of the fools here on 24hrcrybaby

Dude, why are you even here? Sounds like you do plenty of crying yourself. Why don’t you go take a flying f u c k at a rolling donut.

GB1

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Nah, I'll stick around. I'm still waiting to see the evidence masks don't work.

Though to the percent infected thing. Good point. 1% tested positive, true rate is probably higher.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MTDan
In order of effectiveness
PAPR
N95
surgical mask
tight weave fabric

Yes, fabric isn't nearly as good, but it has some effect.

Agree that some homebrewed masks are bullshit, like whats-her-name wich her crochet one.

What do you see most of when you are out and about? Have you seen any studies that you think adequately touch on the efficacy of face coverings the way we are using them?

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Nice article here on masks and effectiveness:

https://aip.scitation.org/doi/10.1063/5.0016018

Retired cat herder.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Another thing that is interesting to me is how binary the thinking is. One group says masks don't work. One group hails masks as a panacea. Not surprisingly, I am in the middle. The various face coverings, the way I see people using them in my day to day life probably serve a nominal good. I don't think I have seen one face covering that would stop all particles. They don't have to stop all of them to be of value.

Paul,

Did you watch the video where they were recommending people Should not be wearing masks for various reasons? Not surprisingly they’ve taken that video down now that it doesn’t fit their narrative. Farcical was against them before he was for them.

IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Another thing that is interesting to me is how binary the thinking is. One group says masks don't work. One group hails masks as a panacea. Not surprisingly, I am in the middle. The various face coverings, the way I see people using them in my day to day life probably serve a nominal good. I don't think I have seen one face covering that would stop all particles. They don't have to stop all of them to be of value.

100% agree. Masks are part of the equation but not the end all

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dryfly24

Paul,

Did you watch the video where they were recommending people Should not be wearing masks for various reasons? Not surprisingly they’ve taken that video down now that it doesn’t fit their narrative. Farcical was against them before he was for them.

https://alachuachronicle.com/letter-neurosurgeon-details-risks-of-face-masks/

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Nah, I'll stick around. I'm still waiting to see the evidence masks don't work.

Try going outside every now and again.

Or better yet, go get fitted for a N95 and take the test that goes with it.

You can apologize when you're done.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M

Paul,

Because that video is from February and we've gotten new info since then. Changing recommendations based on new information is called learning. It's important.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

No.

They're not.

It's all bullschit.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
If I had an N95, I would.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Ok Deflave, PROVE IT. Show me your evidence

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Because that video is from February and we've gotten new info since then. Changing recommendations based on new information is called learning. It's important.

LOL

You mean like the aerosol death farts we inhale in public schitters?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Paul,

Have you been tested for gullibility? Pretty sure you’re 100% positive.

Last edited by Dryfly24; 07/09/20.
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
What's the viral load (concentration) needed for an accurate test? For initiating infection? Hint...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That is the message the public needs to be getting. A mask is not a mask is not a mask. There are face coverings, and there are masks. Masks work better than face coverings. They are not 100% effective. Used in conjunction with other transmission reduction measures, they can be somewhat effective.

Now what? How long do we keep this up? Until we develop a vaccine for a coronavirus? We have to remember this isn't the flu. We have been pretty successful in developing flu vaccines. This is not the flu.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Paul,

I'm calling BS [on the learning part]. The .gov wanted the masks for themselves and have admitted as much[lying]. .GOV IS after all the ultimate prepper, they just do not want us peasants to notice.

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

That is the message the public needs to be getting. A mask is not a mask is not a mask. There are face coverings, and there are masks. Masks work better than face coverings. They are not 100% effective. Used in conjunction with other transmission reduction measures, they can be somewhat effective.

Now what? How long do we keep this up? Until we develop a vaccine for a coronavirus? We have to remember this isn't the flu. We have been pretty successful in developing flu vaccines. This is not the flu.

Exactly, flattening the curve is just prolonging the BS we are living through!

FJB & FJT
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Raeford

Paul,

I'm calling BS [on the learning part]. The .gov wanted the masks for themselves and have admitted as much[lying]. .GOV IS after all the ultimate prepper, they just do not want us peasants to notice.

So the government lies depending on the situation to get what it wants? Hmmm, seems there’s a clue there...

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M

Paul,

Have you been tested for gullibility? Pretty sure you’re 100% positive.

It's sad times when those who believe research are guilable, and those who would rather cling to blog posts and hearsay are enlightened. Says a lot about where we are as a country.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (10gaugemag, 44automag, Anaconda, 450yukon, 11 invisible), 1,045 guests, and 783 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,382
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.