Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fubarski
They can take the man's gun, with probable cause a crime has been committed, just like they can seize drugs from a drug dealer.

The fact that the item to be seized is a firearm has no impact on the 4th Amendment's requirements nor operation.

And I support the Constitution.

No. You support the Police not liberty

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oakster
Odd that they can say on the tv and radio that the couple broke no laws, but their guns were still confiscated. How and why did the police get a warrant against a couple who broke no laws. Even more disturbing, how can they disarm the family when they have broken no laws.

There's a good chance that the Marxist persecutor (local tyrant) filed the SW application and once rubber-stamped by a like minded, black-robed Marxist jackass (another local tyrant) it was sent to the police to be served.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
A very good chance.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Craigster
The guy's a lawyer, right ? He ought to sue the s hit out of ALL those responsible.

This.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
E
ERK Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
E
Isn’t there something about probable cause? Oh hell it doesn’t matter as long as the police do as they are told. Libs always find an excuse tp go around the law and some people just shake their head in agreement. Ed k

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ERK
Isn’t there something about probable cause? Oh hell it doesn’t matter as long as the police do as they are told. Libs always find an excuse tp go around the law and some people just shake their head in agreement. Ed k

And that right there is the problem.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The only reason I bought AR type rifles was to be able to put up some sort of a fight when the government came for my other guns. Now we might actually need them for other purposes besides protecting our 2nd amendment rights. This is a really bad - good example of government over reach.

Life is good live it while you can.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
If you read the story as reported, I think the search warrant stated the rifle was seized as an item of evidence relating to charges pending.
Now don't start hollering at me, it's B.S. from the get go, but if I read it correctly...that was the pretense for seizing the rifle. The pistol was later surrendered to support the defense' claim that it was 'inoperable'. If the item displayed to discourage the trespassers was a hockey stick, it may have been seized as well. I am not defending the political operative/ prosecutor, just saying that this needs to play out...hard to imagine a successful prosecution with no crime by the property owners being committed. Brandishing a deadly weapon...ON PRIVATE PROPERTY?

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Pam Biondi, the former AG of Florida, was interviewed on Fox last night. She said that confiscation of the AR15 was absolutely illegal in view of Missouri's Castle Doctrine.

After that I looked up Ohio's laws. In Ohio you are allowed to use deadly force to protect your property.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
I feel sorry for th St. Louis taxpayers because of the giant settlement the city is going to have to pay this couple when they sue the hell out of them.
Then those same 'taxpayers' better get together and vote OUT those sorry SOBs in their gov't who DID this blatantly illegal/unconstitutional act..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
They think the gun is an instrumentality of a crime, but haven't charged the person with a crime? That seems legally problematic for me. They seized his gun, but not the woman's? That doesn't feel right to me.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
They think the gun is an instrumentality of a crime, but haven't charged the person with a crime? That seems legally problematic for me. They seized his gun, but not the woman's? That doesn't feel right to me.

So it's the guns fault? I knew it! I would bet if the AR was painted in rainbow gay colors it wouldn't have been charged.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If I was the gun I'd claim racism.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
https://www.theblaze.com/news/eric-schmitt-calls-out-kim-gardner

Missouri AG calls out St. Louis prosecutor, reveals history of politically motivated decisions

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by steve4102
McCloskeys Served with Search Warrant! – St. Louis Police Seize Gun From Armed Couple Who Defended Their Historic Home From Rioters

St. Louis Police have served a warrant on Patricia and Mark McCloskey, the armed couple who defended their beautiful and historic home from rioters last month.
Police seized the rifle that Mark McCloskey was seen holding in videos of the incident that went massively viral.

No charges are known to have been filed against the couple at this time.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...d-couple-defended-historic-home-rioters/

Tell me again how the police will not follow confiscation orders.
No charges filed, just search the house and seize their firearms.
How special.

Based on responses here and on Liberal Gun Club Forum they are on their own. It's good they have plenty of assets to defend themselves.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Someone mentioned on another thread they feel this whole event was staged, and it wouldn’t surprise me one bit.

Now with this outrageously unconstitutional act of illegally removing his arms and stripping him of his God given inalienable right to “bear arms”, being the search warrant has zero legal standing since there were no shots fired, and he never pointed his gun at anyone, this proves to me it is a staged event.

This latest action they just took is the communists continuing their efforts to brainwash the public that black guns are [not to be owned by the public / fill in the blank] to support their legislation they’ll attempt to pass in the near future as they chip away at the 2A.

It is not out of realm of possibility that another wealthy well-connected family has an eye for that hotel the two live in. It is also possible they did not pay into the BLM fund, therefore, they were not given a pass. With great wealth comes great responsibility, it looks like from now on not sharing will no longer be acceptable.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by moosemike
Nothin wrong with gettin a search warrant before charges are filed.

Happens all the time.

And they could only take the firearms which might have been used in what liberals think is a crime.

They could go buy a whole arsenal right now, if they don't already have one.

Bullshit thing to have done, in any event, but it ain't on the cops, except for the one that applied for the warrant.

You sound like a friend of the Police but an enemy of liberty

Everyone's granted the protections of the Constitution.

But everyone's also subject to the Constitution.

Search warrants are employed against drug dealers and bank robbers everyday.

And their guns and drugs get seized.

You want to change the Constitution when there's an outcome you don't like, like any liberal.

How do these people and their actions rate the same as drug dealers and bank robbers?

Also, if these were people in my economic group they would have no resources to hire attorneys to fight clearly unconstitutional police overreach. Courts are fine for those who can afford them.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 60 invisible), 2,694 guests, and 1,409 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,409
Posts18,528,121
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.