Home
McCloskeys Served with Search Warrant! – St. Louis Police Seize Gun From Armed Couple Who Defended Their Historic Home From Rioters

St. Louis Police have served a warrant on Patricia and Mark McCloskey, the armed couple who defended their beautiful and historic home from rioters last month.
Police seized the rifle that Mark McCloskey was seen holding in videos of the incident that went massively viral.

No charges are known to have been filed against the couple at this time.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...d-couple-defended-historic-home-rioters/

Tell me again how the police will not follow confiscation orders.
No charges filed, just search the house and seize their firearms.
How special.
Very strange, the PoPo took the AR, not the pistol and no charges were filed? So they disarmed him?
Originally Posted by Sako76
Very strange, the PoPo took the AR, not the pistol and no charges were filed? So they disarmed him?

At a guess, making sure the next lot of rioters/terrs are safe.
So much for their 2A rights.

According to the article, the cops did not find the handgun and their attorney said he doesn't know were it is.

I wonder if they will do a pre- dawn raid with dozens of swat cops.
Someone mentioned on another thread they feel this whole event was staged, and it wouldn’t surprise me one bit.

Now with this outrageously unconstitutional act of illegally removing his arms and stripping him of his God given inalienable right to “bear arms”, being the search warrant has zero legal standing since there were no shots fired, and he never pointed his gun at anyone, this proves to me it is a staged event.

This latest action they just took is the communists continuing their efforts to brainwash the public that black guns are [not to be owned by the public / fill in the blank] to support their legislation they’ll attempt to pass in the near future as they chip away at the 2A.
After publicly removing the McCloskey AR-15 the husband and wife are not being set up for the return of BLM to burn them out.
Fu c khead rich lawyers can afford another AR. Plenty of fans willing to sell them one. Plus she's still got her nifty little pistol nobody ID'ed yet.
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Someone mentioned on another thread they feel this whole event was staged, and it wouldn’t surprise me one bit.

Now with this outrageously unconstitutional act of illegally removing his arms and stripping him of his God given inalienable right to “bear arms”, being the search warrant has zero legal standing since there were no shots fired, and he never pointed his gun at anyone, this proves to me it is a staged event.

This latest action they just took is the communists continuing their efforts to brainwash the public that black guns are [not to be owned by the public / fill in the blank] to support their legislation they’ll attempt to pass in the near future as they chip away at the 2A.

Thought the same when I read the article. A publicity stunt. Wasn't this guy was a big Democratic donor??
Originally Posted by Pat85

Thought the same when I read the article. A publicity stunt. Wasn't this guy was a big Democratic donor??
I think he was a pretty big Trump donor, but he also played both sides. He also came right out saying he and his wife supported BLM after this occurred.
I feel sorry for th St. Louis taxpayers because of the giant settlement the city is going to have to pay this couple when they sue the hell out of them.

The police refuse to protect them, and subsequently take their means of self defense. Hmmmmm
Just goes to show none of us will get a second chance to use our rights, or our toys. He should have used it as intended rather than showing it off to the world.
So basically for all their bitching about Marxist DAs and BLM, the police have no problem being the enforcement arm of said Marxist DAs and disarming a guy who did nothing wrong. Yep, pretty much as expected.
Originally Posted by JoeBob
So basically for all their bitching about Marxist DAs and BLM, the police have no problem being the enforcement arm of said Marxist DAs and disarming a guy who did nothing wrong. Yep, pretty much as expected.

Soros has funded elected "LEFTIST" district attorneys all over the country in sizable urban cities and no one really knew what he was up to. Now we are subject to being almost defenseless to the new mob.
Cannot have a citizen out flashing one of those evil black rifles around---doncha know
Why did they get it?

It makes no sense to me,just grand standing on the .gov's part.

If it was mine i would sue them for more than a rifle.

There are folks that just do crap because it makes them look tough i guess.

Hope they can find a good lawyer.
Who's marching on the capitol?
this is troubling

was it seized because he was illegally "brandishing" it?

or was it seized because he just have the audacity of owning a firearm and letting people knew he had it that posed a potential threat to him?
A lawyer, that holds a rifle like the Kenyan, might be fake news.
This story seems kinda G A Y.

I hope he has a spare.
Another example of "easy enforcement". Serving this warrant was just part of the job with little possibility of personal liability or injury for the officers involved. The enforcement of law is now directly related to the ease and safety of application (i.e. personal liability, job loss, "you're a racist!" threats and criminal charges).

Most 'cops' did not sign up to protect the constitution.
Most 'cops' are like the rest of the current apologist - just doing what they have to for a paycheck. That is the lever the left is holding to apply pressure for this cancel culture and lawlessness.

The Union has not provided the better, highly trained workforce as promised. The Union has created victims dependent on wealth redistribution and high salaries. The Union has removed individual thought and reason.

Most rank and file officers will do what they are told, if there is little possibility for personal liability or job loss. Outside of an urban environment it may require a bigger lever, but people will defend their own livelihood when it comes to it. If that means weapon confiscation based on a false narrative and trumped up charges, it will happen.

This is the reality:
We are allowed to own firearms, but punished if we use them for any form of self defense.
La Pierre to the rescue!!

Yeah, wait for it.
Originally Posted by steve4102

According to the article, the cops did not find the handgun and their attorney said he doesn't know were it is.

Foxnews says that they said their lawyer has the pistol. Their current lawyer says he doesn't have it but they recently changed lawyers so possibly the previous one has it.
Goodness... give the cops the pistol.... they have a warrant for it...

She needs a bigger one anyways... (and some training)
Nothin wrong with gettin a search warrant before charges are filed.

Happens all the time.

And they could only take the firearms which might have been used in what liberals think is a crime.

They could go buy a whole arsenal right now, if they don't already have one.

Bullshit thing to have done, in any event, but it ain't on the cops, except for the one that applied for the warrant.
Cops all over the nation are reacting to the "defund the police" outcry, yet they keep committing acts of treason for the communist party leaders who give them their orders.
I don't know if they are unwilling to think about cause and effect, or simply unable. But I guess that doesn't matter either.
As a former deputy myself I have seen this brewing for many years and I have tried to warn many hundreds of cops but they are so unthinking that they call a legitimate warning coming form a true care of the future of our country and also for the future of Law as a rule "a Threat." Like all liberals they try to say truth is "a threat". 99% can't hear what I am saying because they are brainwashed to shut out obvious truth.

If a chain smoker who works at a store or who is a welder, or a garbage man, or even a collage liberal who can't get any work because of a total lack of skills-- were to be told that their smoking was harming them and that someday a lot sooner then they want it to, the smoking is going to bring very bad consequences, many would not stop smoking but all would understand that I was telling them smoking was bad for them for THEIR benefit. It's a concerned warning.
Tell a cop what he's doing is going to back-fire on him and every other cop some day, and they try to say "you threatened them" They truly are THAT brainwashed.

I think it funny in a twisted sort of way, how the left plays people groups against each other. ANTIFA and "Black Lives Matter" call for defunding of the cops and openly call for their harm. Yet the SAME people at the top of the food chain are funding the communists, and ALSO telling cops to enforce treasonous "laws" that benefit only the communist power grabbers and the cops do it without any hesitation at all and most even seem to enjoy it. 99% of them think nothing about "following orders" even though their oath of office would dictate that arresting someone in open treason (starting with politicians) would be the #1 job according to that oath.

They swore to uphold and defend the CONSTITUTION of the United State, Not the politicians.

But that is simple truth, so it a very rare cop who can hear it and understand it. Truth seems to make them mad, just like all liberals.
Cops of intelligence, integrity and understanding do exist, but are less then 1%.
Former Sheriff Richard Mack is one of them.

The 2 lawyers in the gated community did what they should have done ..........BECAUSE cops didn't do the job they were sworn to do and now a communist upper mangier tells cops to get get their AR15, which the cops do without any hesitation at all.

Communist agenda was THE reason the riot happened in the 1st place, and the cops were ordered not to do their job by those same communists. Now the communists order the same exact cops to violate the 2nd amendment as well as the 4th, and they do so and think nothing of it. Is that because they can't think or just because they like being bullies when they can gang up on someone but are too cowardly to stand up to anyone willing to fight back ? (like the rioters)

And the communist politicians and upper mangers are encouraging the rioters either directly, or indirectly by not doing the job they are sworn to do ---- and then tell the cops to punish the VICTIMS of the rioters.

The communist rioters call openly for harm to all cops (TRUE THREATS instead of concerned warnings, but note how cops don't try to push back when it's a real fight they may be looking at) The rioters are now able to riot with near 100% safety and a very low chance of any harm coming to them because of the communist at the top who are financing, empowering and to some extend even directing these riots are SAME people calling the shots and ordering the cops to do things that turn public opinion against all cops and not against the rioters (even calling them "protesters")

Anyone see something wrong here? Anyone who can think anyway?

Any cops reading this may be offended. Probably will be instead of setting aside their pride for maybe 10 minutes and re-reading their Oath to GOD and asking the question. "How did it get to this point"?
If they had upheld their sacred oath in the face of High Treason a few years ago NONE of this would be a problem now.

A little side note that may help is to understand High Treason IS STILL a crime-- and can be committed against both State and Federal Constitutions. So don't try to say "that's not part of my job". If it's not, why did YOU swear to make it part (the most important part) of your job?

Cops are told to have "few friends" outside of the force. That's part of their training. But it's a huge part of the brainwashing. You don't see a problem if you see yourselves as "us" and the public as "them" . But when you see yourselves see part of "WE", only then you'll see treason when it's committed------- and you'd act according to the oath you swore. That's the exact reason you were told to have few friends outside other cops. You have been brainwashed to think "Us and Them". That's opposite of thinking as a public servant.

When this gets hot (and it will more in the future and to a larger scale because of the inaction and even the support of cops) are you all so stupid that you don't want any friends outside of the hated group? A hate YOU created by design. A design you didn't even understand, coming for those that order you to force their agenda on citizens that they wrote into 'law" or policy, but never endanger themselves in that treason. You are the sacrifice and you are thrown into the forefront, where the street gangs will call for your harm or death, and the citizens will hope you reap what you sowed too . No friends? Buy your own doing? WAKE UP! THINK. Try it!

Start thinking right NOW!.

Start with reading your oath and trying to understand it............ and what every word means in the sentence structure that was used.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
La Pierre to the rescue!!

Yeah, wait for it.

The NRA can’t help. They are out of money. Hasbeen
Not offended at all

Folks want to live in a liberal driven hellhole and, frankly, are part of the system that created that environment.............then wonder why liberal schit happens?
They elect far left politicians who are going to hire Department heads that mirror their beliefs. What kind of cops, as a rule, do you think those bosses are going to hire? Why is anyone surprised by the outcome?
I’ve been employed by the same Town for the duration of my career. I started, and stayed, because the community essentially mirrors my beliefs. That is starting to change as the MA demographic is now reaching us in larger numbers. Fortunately, I don’t have to compromise my standard of policing. I have my time, and can walk and wait for my age if necessary.
Folks get the police they allow.

That will be an unpopular statement

George
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

The police refuse to protect them, and subsequently take their means of self defense. Hmmmmm

Let's see if I got this straight.

Po-po and private security won't show up when called about a life-threatening emergency, but po-po will come back a week later to make sure citizens threatened with fire, destruction and death are disarmed.

Yep. It's all there in black and white. To Serve and Protect.

That's the people I want on my side.

My ass.
It’s natural law to protect yourself, family and property.

Watch this very, very closely.

This could cause the rule of law to break down, among civilized people.

The NRA has this one served up on a plate.

Please, please Trump. Make this an election issue!
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
I feel sorry for th St. Louis taxpayers because of the giant settlement the city is going to have to pay this couple when they sue the hell out of them.

Yep.
NHK9
^
^
^

Now THERE is a thinking cop, and one who's not afraid to speak truth.
McCloskeys Served with Search Warrant! – St. Louis Police Seize Gun From Armed Couple Who Defended Their Historic Home From Rioters

St. Louis Police have served a warrant on Patricia and Mark McCloskey, the armed couple who defended their beautiful and historic home from rioters last month.
Police seized the rifle that Mark McCloskey was seen holding in videos of the incident that went massively viral.

How special.

They've been Red Flagged.

They intended to make them helpless so the next mob can kill them.
Most cops are lemmings that will do exactly what they are told and do it gleefully. A vast majority of them became cops for the power trip. book it.
Police follow their orders....
While I don’t desire armed conflict w our police forces, I hope if folks see more examples of police disarming law abiding citizens that they will be met with resistance down the road.

A great example of why one rifle capable of repelling invaders is never enough. By my math, each individual needs at least 4. A couple easy to access in case of trouble and a couple hard to get to.
Oh, one more thing and it’s very important.

St. Louis is the place where the DA released everyone arrested for rioting. It made the national news.

So arson, assault and other felonies get a pass. But the DA has time for this now.

If you live under a DA like this, I have ZERO sympathy for you going forward. They are Marxists.

This is a cold war where the other side takes its beliefs into action and actively punishes those non conforming to them. The GOP is just cowardly waiting to see what happens in Nov.
An armed conflict with police would be a dream come true for the current insurgency.

If the conflict is with "right wing extremist" it will be a call for confiscation, controls and persecution.

If the conflict is with "peaceful protesters" it will be a call to arms and complete abolishment of law and order - with extreme prejudice.

Expect the limits to be pushed...
Wondering if they made some kind threatening statements after the showdown event. You’d think a lawyer would be too savvy to do that.

At the second event at their home, the McCloskeys praised the police for holding the rioters back.

As TRH said, sounds like a red flag type thing.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Foxnews says that they said their lawyer has the pistol. Their current lawyer says he doesn't have it but they recently changed lawyers so possibly the previous one has it.
What that fugly bittch needs is a tit job and a face transplant. If they were like average people, for damn sure one of the lawyers would have the pistol as partial downpayment on services-yet-not-to-be-rendered or services-yet-to-be-incompetently rendered.
Originally Posted by RAS

The NRA? Wtf? lmao They're too busy buying mansions and suits for Wayne whilst fighting his legal battles and sending letters out to people to pay for it all. Don't forget to vote for your representatives.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by RAS

The NRA? Wtf? lmao They're too busy buying mansions and suits for Wayne whilst fighting his legal battles and sending letters out to people to pay for it all. Don't forget to vote for your representatives.

Hey, Dude,,,,”It’s time to stand and fight”!!!!!!

As per LaPierre.
Grins
Whole thing stinks.

first reports says gates were broken down
later reports say gates were undamaged.

guy (lawyer) holding the rifle appears to be left handed, but other picts suggest otherwise.
early model Colt or Armalite, with iron sights.-- guy with that kind of dough and, if he shoots at all, would probably have something more current, especially something with a light on a rail

notice the carrying strap has been "tensioned"with a double wrap, and his right hand is holding the forearm. this guy has been coached

lady needs more coaching, sweeping her husband and the crowd.

don't think either one on them does much practice

lawyers previous work doesn't meet the smell test--- in being pro 2A
I'm late to the meeting but here's.02c .

I don't like the couple who defended their home any more than the commies invading their neighbor hood.
That said, if the police, chief, mayors, etc. Get away with violating the Constitution with this couple, they will have absolutely no problem doing the same with us. That goes for Mr T as well. Just to remind us all, here's from yesteryear.

[video:youtube]https://www.infowars.com/flashback-why-trump-should-not-support-red-flag-gun-confiscation/[/video]

My local buddies told me how I need to get on the bandwagon with MrT when he came out with this.
I say, MrT, police, etc. just need to have some principles to stand on.
If those people don’t have some more gums hidden away, or don’t buy some more right now, they’re nuts.
Search warrant would have to list a crime that the rifle is evidence of. Wonder what crime they are alleging?
Would be interested to hear from someone who is familiar with the specific law of that state.
That "news" story does not seem to be dependable and I would not place much confidence there - does not say that the police are searching for a handgun. And, is it true that the police still have a rifle they seized from the guy?
Nothing but a pony show.
Once!
One single time that I've seen a cop seize a weapon and not remove the magazine and this was it.
Cop stood there with the rifle, magazine inserted, in full view of the cameras for 10 minutes.
Even when there's huge drug/ gun seizures the weapons are cleared and magazines separated.
WHY?

Because it's a bullshit media's hype contrivance.
Fully fabricated for the sake of there camera.
100% false flag.

[img]https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/p...is-couple-used-to-defend-their-home/amp/[/img]
Originally Posted by RAS
Oh, one more thing and it’s very important.

St. Louis is the place where the DA released everyone arrested for rioting. It made the national news.

So arson, assault and other felonies get a pass. But the DA has time for this now.

If you live under a DA like this, I have ZERO sympathy for you going forward. They are Marxists.

This is a cold war where the other side takes its beliefs into action and actively punishes those non conforming to them. The GOP is just cowardly waiting to see what happens in Nov.

Wishing I could kick a couple rinos in the crotch right about now..
Originally Posted by cv540
Search warrant would have to list a crime that the rifle is evidence of. Wonder what crime they are alleging?
Would be interested to hear from someone who is familiar with the specific law of that state.

With Red Flag laws, you don't need to allege a suspected crime. All you need is a judge who's been told that the cops think this guy might be dangerous at some point in the future. The judge then has a choice of granting the gun confiscation order or not. If he doesn't grant the order, and the cops were right, and the guy shoots someone later on, the judge is blamed for not acting when the cops told him about the danger. As a result, judges tend to rubber stamp such requests.

PS Needless to say, Red Flag laws are a clear violation of several of the planks of the Bill of Rights, to include the First, Second, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, and the Fourteenth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Looks like they should have stayed indoors and just started shooting as the dimocraps started coming through their doors.

What do you all think?
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Happens all the time.

And they could only take the firearms which might have been used in what liberals think is a crime.

Bullshit thing to have done, in any event, but it ain't on the cops, except for the one that applied for the warrant.

So someone can be deprived of their rights to private property and to keep and bear arms without being charged with a crime, and you claim that there is "nothin wrong" with it because it "happens all the time". No wonder we are where we are as a nation.
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Looks like they should have stayed indoors and just started shooting as the dimocraps started coming through their doors.

What do you all think?

These mobs have been known to set buildings on fire.
Looked like cops that took his gun away even though he has a legal right to have it. It’s ok though they are just following orders. They would never do that to you or me. Right? Cops have gotta choose a side. Ed k
The cops kick the door of the right type of people, and we could easily have another Waco.

😎
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

PS Needless to say, Red Flag laws are a clear violation of several of the planks of the Bill of Rights, to include the First, Second, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, and the Fourteenth Amendment to the US Constitution.

But yet they've been enacted in at least 14 states, probably more by now, with nary a whisper of a constitutional challenge in a court.

MM
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

But yet they've been enacted in at least 14 states, probably more by now, with nary a whisper of a constitutional challenge in a court.

MM

Mysterious, isn't it? I know that Gun Owners of America is fighting all of them in court. Just hasn't gotten to the Supremes yet.
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

Happens all the time.

So someone can be deprived of their rights to private property and to keep and bear arms without being charged with a crime, and you claim that there is "nothin wrong" with it because it "happens all the time". No wonder we are where we are as a nation.

The usual stupidity from kuhuntnshoot.

The 4th Amendment allows for search warrants to issue upon affidavit evidencing probable cause.

The investigation is probably for assault or a weapons charge.

If the weapon in the video is airsoft, it may still be assault, but much harder to get to a weapons charge.

The dumbshit should go ta jail for still havin it around, and the broad for givin it to an attorney.
I wouldn't have walked outside .. Unless that was my role in the play

Happens all the time.

The 4th Amendment allows for search warrants to issue upon affidavit evidencing probable cause.

If the weapon in the video is airsoft, it may still be assault, but much harder to get to a weapons charge.

The dumbshit should go ta jail for still havin it around, and the broad for givin it to an attorney.

If you gotta call me a name first, you have no argument, and we both now know it. Thanks for clarifying. I know what the laws are. I also know what principles, morals, values, standards, and ethics are. I will be happy to teach you. In the mean time, feel free to keep rationalizing. And then come over here and call me names to my face. I'll happily give you my address.

Happens all the time.

If you gotta call me a name first, you have no argument, and we both now know it. Thanks for clarifying. I know what the laws are. I also know what principles, morals, values, standards, and ethics are. I will be happy
to teach you. In the mean time, feel free to keep rationalizing. And then come over here and call me names to my face. I'll happily give you my address.

Idiots always claim name-callin, when it's simply a description of your deficiencies.

Somebody's got red hair, ya call em a redhead.

So happily post your address, moron.

Happens all the time.

If you gotta call me a name first, you have no argument, and we both now know it. Thanks for clarifying. I know what the laws are. I also know what principles, morals, values, standards, and ethics are. I will be happy
to teach you. In the mean time, feel free to keep rationalizing. And then come over here and call me names to my face. I'll happily give you my address.

Idiots always claim name-callin, when it's simply a description of your deficiencies.

Somebody's got red hair, ya call em a redhead.

So happily post your address, moron.

Again, not a point. Come over here tough guy. I'll beat your ass, then I'll explain why government cannot be the victim of a crime under common law, and how the government's inversion of this standard has caused nearly every single Constitutional infringement since. The law requires a victim, and a sworn affidavit from that victim in front of a duly elected official. But that doesn't matter, because what you are advocating is the destruction of the rule of law, just as has been demonstrated repeatedly on this forum. But keep on advocating for the destruction of the society. Let me know when you are in Helena, Montana. I'll PM my addy.
[Linked Image from tenor.com]
You can beat my ass right now, moron, without movin your fat ass from outta the front of your crumb covered keyboard.

Just point out where the 4th Amendment *doesn't* allow search warrants to issue.

LOL

This latest action they just took is the communists continuing their efforts to brainwash the public that black guns are [not to be owned by the WHITE public / fill in the blank] to support their legislation they’ll attempt to pass in the near future as they chip away at the 2A.

There, I fixed it for you.
You can beat my ass right now, moron, without movin your fat ass from outta the front of your crumb covered keyboard.

Just point out where the 4th Amendment *doesn't* allow search warrants to issue.

LOL

Again, just so we get this straight, you are advocating that the police SHOULD have the power to come into his home and take this man's gun, though there are no charges pending, and there are no victims of any crime nor any damaged party who has signed any affidavit laying out those damages, solely because of a warrant.

Yes, I know that standards the 4th Amendment is worded to require. And I know that in the past, those requirements required a damaged party stating in sworn statement the nature and extent of those damages. Now, whatever government body who wrote whatever statute that infringes on several intrinsic and Constitutional rights can just submit some paperwork to a judge and then go infringe on those rights with impunity. And you support this.
They can take the man's gun, with probable cause a crime has been committed, just like they can seize drugs from a drug dealer.

The fact that the item to be seized is a firearm has no impact on the 4th Amendment's requirements nor operation.

And I support the Constitution.

What do you all think?

That's the way that I would've handled it. It appeared that the protestors were walking by the house, not towards it. It also seems that they enjoyed suing their neighbors, the HOA and everyone else. I doubt if there's much sympathy from their neighbors.
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore

Soros has funded elected "LEFTIST" district attorneys all over the country in sizable urban cities and no one really knew what he was up to. Now we are subject to being almost defenseless to the new mob.

Local tyrants are easy to find. Know who and where the enemy is in your backyard.

Originally Posted by NH K9
Not offended at all

Folks want to live in a liberal driven hellhole and, frankly, are part of the system that created that environment.............then wonder why liberal schit happens?
They elect far left politicians who are going to hire Department heads that mirror their beliefs. What kind of cops, as a rule, do you think those bosses are going to hire? Why is anyone surprised by the outcome?
I’ve been employed by the same Town for the duration of my career. I started, and stayed, because the community essentially mirrors my beliefs. That is starting to change as the MA demographic is now reaching us in larger numbers. Fortunately, I don’t have to compromise my standard of policing. I have my time, and can walk and wait for my age if necessary.
Folks get the police they allow.

That will be an unpopular statement

George

Exactly right!

What crime was committed? I saw a woman and a man defending their property in a private area that was broken into by lawbreakers. What did you see Furbarskl? Edk
Originally Posted by ERK
What crime was committed? I saw a woman and a man defending their property in a private area that was broken into by lawbreakers. What did you see Furbarskl? Edk

I agree that the H&W were completely within their rights to take whatever action they thought necessary to defend themselves against terrorists.

If' they shot those terrorists, under the circumstances we know and I was on the jury, I'd walk em.

But there's a process to play out.

One or more of the terrorists has filed a complaint.

The socialist prosecutor is aiding terrorism by starting an investigation, insteada tellin the terrorists not to fck with people on their own property.

Cops got a warrant to seize the instrumentality of a possible crime.

That's what cops do.

The fact that the H&W have a good defense to possible charges, don't nullify a search warrant.

Exactly. Police are not our friends. They are not on the side of liberty. They enforce every Draconian law that comes along and one day they will walk out our front door with our guns.
Odd that they can say on the tv and radio that the couple broke no laws, but their guns were still confiscated. How and why did the police get a warrant against a couple who broke no laws. Even more disturbing, how can they disarm the family when they have broken no laws.

Happens all the time.

You sound like a friend of the Police but an enemy of liberty
Originally Posted by boatammo
Most cops are lemmings that will do exactly what they are told and do it gleefully. A vast majority of them became cops for the power trip. book it.

Spot freaking on!

What do you all think?

Yup
The guy's a lawyer, right ? He ought to sue the s hit out of ALL those responsible.
Originally Posted by moosemike

Happens all the time.

Everyone's granted the protections of the Constitution.

But everyone's also subject to the Constitution.

Search warrants are employed against drug dealers and bank robbers everyday.

And their guns and drugs get seized.

You want to change the Constitution when there's an outcome you don't like, like any liberal.
They can take the man's gun, with probable cause a crime has been committed, just like they can seize drugs from a drug dealer.

The fact that the item to be seized is a firearm has no impact on the 4th Amendment's requirements nor operation.

And I support the Constitution.

No. You support the Police not liberty
Originally Posted by Oakster
Odd that they can say on the tv and radio that the couple broke no laws, but their guns were still confiscated. How and why did the police get a warrant against a couple who broke no laws. Even more disturbing, how can they disarm the family when they have broken no laws.

There's a good chance that the Marxist persecutor (local tyrant) filed the SW application and once rubber-stamped by a like minded, black-robed Marxist jackass (another local tyrant) it was sent to the police to be served.
A very good chance.
Originally Posted by Craigster
The guy's a lawyer, right ? He ought to sue the s hit out of ALL those responsible.

This.
Isn’t there something about probable cause? Oh hell it doesn’t matter as long as the police do as they are told. Libs always find an excuse tp go around the law and some people just shake their head in agreement. Ed k
Originally Posted by ERK
Isn’t there something about probable cause? Oh hell it doesn’t matter as long as the police do as they are told. Libs always find an excuse tp go around the law and some people just shake their head in agreement. Ed k

And that right there is the problem.
The only reason I bought AR type rifles was to be able to put up some sort of a fight when the government came for my other guns. Now we might actually need them for other purposes besides protecting our 2nd amendment rights. This is a really bad - good example of government over reach.
If you read the story as reported, I think the search warrant stated the rifle was seized as an item of evidence relating to charges pending.
Now don't start hollering at me, it's B.S. from the get go, but if I read it correctly...that was the pretense for seizing the rifle. The pistol was later surrendered to support the defense' claim that it was 'inoperable'. If the item displayed to discourage the trespassers was a hockey stick, it may have been seized as well. I am not defending the political operative/ prosecutor, just saying that this needs to play out...hard to imagine a successful prosecution with no crime by the property owners being committed. Brandishing a deadly weapon...ON PRIVATE PROPERTY?
Pam Biondi, the former AG of Florida, was interviewed on Fox last night. She said that confiscation of the AR15 was absolutely illegal in view of Missouri's Castle Doctrine.

After that I looked up Ohio's laws. In Ohio you are allowed to use deadly force to protect your property.
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Then those same 'taxpayers' better get together and vote OUT those sorry SOBs in their gov't who DID this blatantly illegal/unconstitutional act..
They think the gun is an instrumentality of a crime, but haven't charged the person with a crime? That seems legally problematic for me. They seized his gun, but not the woman's? That doesn't feel right to me.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
They think the gun is an instrumentality of a crime, but haven't charged the person with a crime? That seems legally problematic for me. They seized his gun, but not the woman's? That doesn't feel right to me.

So it's the guns fault? I knew it! I would bet if the AR was painted in rainbow gay colors it wouldn't have been charged.
If I was the gun I'd claim racism.
https://www.theblaze.com/news/eric-schmitt-calls-out-kim-gardner

Missouri AG calls out St. Louis prosecutor, reveals history of politically motivated decisions

How special.

Based on responses here and on Liberal Gun Club Forum they are on their own. It's good they have plenty of assets to defend themselves.

It is not out of realm of possibility that another wealthy well-connected family has an eye for that hotel the two live in. It is also possible they did not pay into the BLM fund, therefore, they were not given a pass. With great wealth comes great responsibility, it looks like from now on not sharing will no longer be acceptable.
Originally Posted by moosemike

Happens all the time.

Everyone's granted the protections of the Constitution.

But everyone's also subject to the Constitution.

Search warrants are employed against drug dealers and bank robbers everyday.

And their guns and drugs get seized.

You want to change the Constitution when there's an outcome you don't like, like any liberal.

How do these people and their actions rate the same as drug dealers and bank robbers?

Also, if these were people in my economic group they would have no resources to hire attorneys to fight clearly unconstitutional police overreach. Courts are fine for those who can afford them.
© 24hourcampfire