Print Thread
Hop To
Page 82 of 95 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 94 95
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
I believe in...morals and integrity...
lol

Yet ‘you‘ have clear animosity towards believers because they ‘are’ believers. ‘You‘ have clear animosity towards others because they ‘believe’ differently than ‘you‘ do

lol some more

From what we’ve seen here, ‘you’ give lip service to “morals and integrity”.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You make a lot of unsubstantiated claims there Antler, but please continue with how you feel, don't let facts get in the way, or you can interpret them to suit as you see fit

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 07/12/20.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Intelligent design didnt come from an explosion, which has no scientific proof behind that belief.

The "Big Bang" was neither big, nor was it a bang, and it certainly wasn't an explosion.

So educate me then on the beginning of the universe or life. Short version.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Umm, I think vice versa, mauser.

Where on earth are believers in Christ oppressors?

There are plenty of places Christians are killed and oppressed.

I think you are getting Christians mixed up with Muzzies.

How many times a day do we sound the horn for you to kneel and pray. Or drop what we are doing to kneel in the street, or forcing you to pray in church or school or making your wife wear a head covering or stoning you for crimes you do or for killing a sacred cow to eat?

What stores do we force closure of on Sunday?

Well, according to Antler there is nothing particularly wrong with Islam, or any other religion for that matter, if that's what "feels" right to them, then good to go. Murdering infidels is okay right?, if their belief says its okay and recommended. I know murders occur anyway but infidel murder is a faith specialty - on both sides too. Believers in Islam were the original infidels historically speaking if we look back a bit.

Thanks, but I was referring to believers in Christ.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You make a lot of unsubstantiated claims there Antler
Comin’ from ‘you’ that’s pretty humorous...
Well, according to Antler there is nothing particularly wrong with Islam, or any other religion for that matter, if that's what "feels" right to them, then good to go. Murdering infidels is okay right?, if their belief says its okay and recommended. I know murders occur anyway but infidel murder is a faith specialty - on both sides too. Believers in Islam were the original infidels historically speaking if we look back a bit.
Like I said...comin’ from ‘you’ that’s pretty funny.

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by antlers

That's a compelling argument you just came back with - you seem to have run out of ideas?

Well?
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Believing in, and acting upon advice from, invisible beings should be left behind at childhood.
And ‘you’ think that ‘you’ should get to make that determination for others...?

laffin’ some more

And since ‘you’ don’t get to make that determination for others, you’re clearly pissed off and bothered by it.

still laffin’

So you're okay with the bigotry, prejudice and violence that goes along with faith? Thousand of years of evidence about that, or do you choose to assign your own understanding and belief of what has transpired?

I think young folks make a lot more bad choices now days than they did 60 years ago before Christ was kicked out of school. There are a lot more suicides, murders, kids addicted to drugs, rap sheets for stealing to pay for addiction, dui's, abortions, kids born out of wedlock and unmarried single moms.

It is now truly a lowyers world.

Progressives call that progress along with kicking God out of school, but we must have progress. Its the plan. There is no God, other than man.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/12/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
lol

Yet ‘you‘ have clear animosity towards believers because they ‘are’ believers. ‘You‘ have clear animosity towards others because they ‘believe’ differently than ‘you‘ do

lol some more

And ‘there’ we have it. You can’t stand it that “believers” believe what they do. Period.
Yes, faith generates bigotry, prejudice...
There it is. Clear substantiated bigotry and prejudice that ‘you’ have towards believers because they ‘are’ believers.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
lol

lol some more

And ‘there’ we have it. You can’t stand it that “believers” believe what they do. Period.
[mauserand9mm]Yes, faith generates bigotry, prejudice...
Clear substantiated bigotry and prejudice towards believers because they ‘are’ believers.

Yep, and not because Christians actually do anything to really imterfere with his life at all. Its almost as if he were a liar.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's a compelling argument you just came back with - you seem to have run out of ideas?
’You’...talkin’ about “unsubstantiated claims”...

lmao

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep, and not because Christians actually do anything to really interfere with his life at all. Its almost as if he were a liar.
He just clearly can’t stand it, at all, that believers ‘are’ believers. It eats him up.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
New testament times brought change, Greek thought and influence softened the character of god somewhat....so it is clear that this not 'divine revelation' but human thought and human belief.
Your assertion above of “it is clear” is simply your opinion. Others are of the opinion that if someone will die for you...then they are ‘for’ you...and that can certainly influence someone’s thought and belief regarding the ‘softening of another’s character’.

It has nothing to do with opinion, mine or anyone who reads the bible objectively. The change in the nature and character of God between the OT and the NT is quite evident and has been noted from early times. There are verses in the OT, as I'm sue you know, that state 'god of war' and a creator of trouble and strife. I don't make that up, it is there for anyone to see.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
The "Big Bang" was neither big, nor was it a bang, and it certainly wasn't an explosion.
Do you believe that the expanding universe can be traced back in time to an originating single point...?

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If two people of reasonable intelligence read the same book of facts (ie non-fiction) and they aren't getting the same facts, something is wrong with that book. Your talking about fiction.
So if two people read the same history book about the American Civil War, and one is a southerner and the other is a yankee...but they’re ‘both’ Americans...then if they aren’t both drawing the exact same conclusions from that book - then something is wrong with the book...?
If there's disputes over the facts either the book is wrong, or the readers are wrong or biased and not willing to accept the facts. So, yes there are errors somewhere in the process. Your logic comparison with faith is saying to read whatever facts you choose to believe. Not a rational stance, but the crux of how believers seem to work.
Or it could simply be that different people see things differently. Different people feel things differently. Different people experience things differently...even when it’s the ‘same’ experience. People think about things differently. To say that that’s “not a rational stance” is your opinion.

Something is true regardless of who happens to believe this or that. The world is what it regardless of how you see it or believe about it. If there is a contradiction between view, one is wrong and the other is right, or both are wrong. Opposing views can't all be right. Somebody has to be wrong.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
New testament times brought change, Greek thought and influence softened the character of god somewhat....so it is clear that this not 'divine revelation' but human thought and human belief.
Your assertion above of “it is clear” is simply your opinion. Others are of the opinion that if someone will die for you...then they are ‘for’ you...and that can certainly influence someone’s thought and belief regarding the ‘softening of another’s character’.
It has nothing to do with opinion, mine or anyone who reads the bible objectively. The change in the nature and character of God between the OT and the NT is quite evident and has been noted from early times. There are verses in the OT, as I'm sue you know, that state 'god of war' and a creator of trouble and strife. I don't make that up, it is there for anyone to see.
The issue is what brought about this change. Your opinion of what brought about this change differs from the opinions of others.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ml grin
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Driven by desire and fear, faith is a poor means of sorting fact from fiction.
Nobody’s forcing any of it upon you, yet you seem to be ‘bothered’ by what others choose to believe about these matters. Why is that...?

It makes some people nervous.
wink

Not really. Having beliefs questioned appears to make some nervous...and at times angry.

Why would it make believers nervous? If there is no Heaven, then there is no hell. If at the end of my life there is nothing, what have I lost. Ive lost nothing more than you, if what you say is true.

I mean, if I die and there is nothing, you seem to think I'm going to be sitting around in darkness pissed off that Im not in Heaven. You seem to think Id be dissapointed. Hummm. I you think Id be disappointed, that means you think there would be some knowledge after death, rather than nothing after death. whistle

You, on the other hand, may have a spirit thats going somewhere. DBT may just not be the dog critter without a spirit he thought he was.

Now, just what would I be in fear of if there is nothing? I dont think I need to fear nothing. grin

You dont need to fear nothing either, but you might need to fear something. HIM wink

I'd say that [some] believers appear to get nervous based on the defensive nature of response, ad homs, threats of hell for not believing, etc. That is not a rational discussion.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You make a lot of unsubstantiated claims there Antler, but please continue with how you feel, don't let facts get in the way, or you can interpret them to suit as you see fit

That seems to be the crux of it. Everything is reduced to an 'opinion.' Therefore the opinion of a Christian is as good as the opinion a scientist or the opinion of a Muslim, a Jew, a Hindu, etc......

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
lol

lol some more

Yes, faith generates bigotry, prejudice...
There it is. Clear substantiated bigotry and prejudice that ‘you’ have towards believers because they ‘are’ believers.

So you believe that all believers are equal? How can that be - isn't at least someone wrong with their faith? How do you feel about that? Or is that okay? Murdering infidels is okay if that's what you believe and your faith endorses? Slavery? Oppressing the teaching of science and evolution?

Well?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
That seems to be the crux of it. Everything is reduced to an 'opinion.' Therefore the opinion of a Christian is as good as the opinion a scientist or the opinion of a Muslim, a Jew, a Hindu, etc......
lol

That’s ‘your’ opinion.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
The issue is what brought about this change. Your opinion of what brought about this change differs from the opinions of others.

The bible tells us that god is eternal and unchanging, “For I, the Lord, do not change.'' Malachi 3:6 - "Whatever is good and perfect comes to us from God above, who created all heaven's lights. Unlike them, He never changes or casts shifting shadows" (James 1:17).

Yet we start with a God of War, not love. A God who kills and order killings, a god who does not forgive.

There lies the contradictions and the stark differences between the war god of the tribe of Israel and the god of the new testament.

This is not an opinion. It cannot be denied

Page 82 of 95 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 10Glocks, 1moredeer, 64 invisible), 2,550 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,810
Posts18,477,583
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.