Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Always have had German Shepherds, without exception, they have been guarded, but accepting of most people. With each of them, though, there has usually been one person or a few that could not enter the house, or be on the property unless I restrained the dog. As soon as that happens, the person is no longer welcome around me. So far, it has always been strangers, so no big deal.

Guy came by the house once, trying to sell meat. Wife talked to him through the storm door, he was asking to come in and show her the product. She said no, he put his hand on the door handle. She simply stepped back, and let our male GSD get between her and the door. Dog was not happy with the guy, and showed it. Guy decided to ply his trade elsewhere. Good for him, wife would have shot him if he entered, which would really suck after being dog bit.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Leave it to a bike rider to name his dog after Safariman, then expect it to be a bear killer.

Egad! One of the dumbest posts ever on here!
shocked

Patrick Cleburne, like me, had his roots in County Cork cool

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Cleburne

I am genuinely shocked you didn’t make the connection, did you attend public schools?

Cleburne kills rodents and chases cats, all the aggression I need in a dog cool

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Cleburne Claiborne; tomato potato, I did go to school and I thank God (even though no one believes in Him) that when I did go to school, teachers taught educationally worthwhile data and not new age philosophical crap learned from the academic bankrupt institutions that you are a part of.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
lmao

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[img]https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/15045309#Post15045309[/img]

These guys don't like you if they don't know you .

Attached Images
slims mom and dad.jpeg (34.9 KB, 87 downloads)
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
trust the dog.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have one dog that won't even let me pet him .

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn

Try using your hand instead of your COCK.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave

Good idea I will try that . LOL

Last edited by Rick n Tenn; 07/13/20.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RAS
Who here believes that a dog can point out an ahole?

My German wirehair is very happy to almost everybody. Like 99%. But for some reason it doesn’t like certain people. One of them is a distant family member. And for that one, the dog is spot on.

Anyone else see this?

The only family member that my male Doberman (back in the late 1980s, through the early 2000s) didn't like was my sister in law. She was scared of him. Whenever she would enter the house, she'd slowly open the door, and slowly peep her head around the door to see if the Doberman was around, which naturally triggered him to bark, followed by her quickly shutting the door. Even I can see that this is suspicious behavior on her part, so a dog would naturally perceive it that way, too. Some people just don't know how to behave around dogs.

Might have something to do with her being ethnically Chinese (immigrant to the US). I don't know, but I don't think that Chinese culture towards dogs is the same as ours. Maybe that can come across to dogs, sometimes.

PS She's a sweet person. Just not a dog person.

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M

Maybe you forgot the peanut butter. LOL

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mike_S

Maybe you forgot the peanut butter. LOL

You and Deflave really know a lot about dogs . Thanks

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Cleburne Claiborne; tomato potato, I did go to school and I thank God (even though no one believes in Him) that when I did go to school, teachers taught educationally worthwhile data and not new age philosophical crap learned from the academic bankrupt institutions that you are a part of.

If you're slick you can sneak stuff under the radar.... wink

I've given bonus points for all sorts of things, one year I gave 'em bonus points if they would bring me a 40lb bag of dried cow sh&t (for the school garden of course. smile ) Never did that again, these little 90lb girls were dragging 40lb bags of Black Cow down the hallways and I ended up with like 600lbs of the stuff. What amazed me is not a single parent complained grin

But then one year I offered kids bonus points if they could find and photograph local objects of historical interest, including the gravesite of Samuel Walker. Sam Walker of course was the guy who went to Sam Colt and had him build the legendary Walker Colt. Capt. Walker was lanced twice, once by a Comanche lance up by present day Sisterdale and fatally in Mexico during that war, brung back to San Antonio for burial.

One hundred seventy years ago the Oddfellows Cemetery about a mile uphill from the Alamo off of Cherry Street was a respectable place, in more recent times Cherry Street was a notorious area of drugs, gangs, murder and prostitution. These two guys actually went in there looking after dark eek

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Point of interest, some of the charred remains of the Alamo Defenders were dug up from Downtown in the 1850's and reburied next to that stone.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dogs just know.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I've given bonus points for all sorts of things, one year I gave 'em bonus points if they would bring me a 40lb bag of dried cow sh&t (for the school garden of course. smile ) Never did that again, these little 90lb girls were dragging 40lb bags of Black Cow down the hallways and I ended up with like 600lbs of the stuff. What amazed me is not a single parent complained grin

If you can’t see a problem with the educational system and you do things like that to teach kids something everyone of the older generations knew without taking BS to school, you are still a part of the problem. If you are contributing to their knowledge base because they are uneducated, you still have to admit the system has deteriorated immensely, even if you aren’t part of the problem.

I will allow you the grounds for competence as an educator if you do teach valuable lessons, but if you don’t see the void in modern education from grade school to the university system, you are an unworthy educator.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
We have a mini Aussie that has done that exactly 2 times and one guy she did from about 100'. All the guy did was get out of the truck. She glanced over and gave a growl we never heard before. 4 hours later we called the cops because it looked like he was going to beat his girlfriend.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I will allow you the grounds for competence as an educator if you do teach valuable lessons, but if you don’t see the void in modern education from grade school to the university system, you are an unworthy educator.

I've been called worse around here. Like every other teacher what I teach is based upon the TEKS "Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills" and my lesson plans and assignment materials are completely online and transparent. Do, I lead kids in prayer before class? Nope, not allowed to but we do have the moment of silence right after the Pledge and we do have both a Christian Club and a Fellowship of Christian Athletes who meet around the flagpole out front for prayer regularly.

Anyhoo... I'm pretty sure I musta given a wrong answer in your estimation but to get you started if you care to look, this is what is on the curriculum for 6th Grade History...

http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/rules/tac/chapter113/ch113b.html#113.19

Meaningless without active parents tho, both to keep an eye on what is presented in class and to raise their kids right.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1minute, 2500HD, 219 Wasp, 06hunter59, 204guy, 1941USMC, 60 invisible), 2,425 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,892
Posts18,518,350
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.