M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
….
...….. it was not long after that that God spoke to me… actually called me by name. Now, THAT was an experience!

Which god spoke to you? I know of several Muslims who had the same experience but they said it was Allah.

It was Jesus.... I was contemplating the cross.....one of the things He said was “...if you were the only one,I would have died for you...”

No doubt.

I’ll wager that none of the Muslims you know said that. In fact, as I recall, at least one Muslim you referred to previously lied to you. Probably lying to you again.

But, you are free to doubt, disbelieve ..... remember, these are your choices.

So you're willing to gamble that the Muslim is wrong. Just remember it's your salvation that you are betting on.

How do you know that you weren't actually talking with the devil, and that he was working against Allah to condemn your soul to hell? Think about it, why would Jesus say that he would be wiling to die for you when he wasn't a willing participant the first time around?

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 07/13/20.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
GB1

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by antlers
Pope Urban the 2nd launched the crusade with the promise that the crusaders sins would be forgiven. He promised the remission of sins. And the landowners and knights charged off to do the first crusade and they raped and pillaged their way all through Europe, all the way to Constantinople, and all the way to the Holy Land because, after all, their sins were forgiven.

yes and crusades cost money regardless of any mantel of purity or god directed motive.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Umm, I think vice versa, mauser.

Where on earth are believers in Christ oppressors?

There are plenty of places Christians are killed and oppressed.

I think you are getting Christians mixed up with Muzzies.

How many times a day do we sound the horn for you to kneel and pray. Or drop what we are doing to kneel in the street, or forcing you to pray in church or school or making your wife wear a head covering or stoning you for crimes you do or for killing a sacred cow to eat?

What stores do we force closure of on Sunday?

Come now Jag. Can you deny the Crusades, the Inquisition, the Salem Witch Trials, the Klan, the enslavement and murder of the Indigenous Peoples of South America, Martin of Tours destroying holy sites, temples, and consecrated trees, Marcellus of Syria destroying the temples of apposing faiths. Ancient History? How about the Srebrenika Massacre?

That Christians no longer commonly practice oppression of nonbelievers is much more a matter of politics than of doctrine. Heck, plenty of Christians right here on this board regularly call for genocide of Muslims.

Exodus 22:18 (roughly, “You will not allow a witch to live”)

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
….
...….. it was not long after that that God spoke to me… actually called me by name. Now, THAT was an experience!

Which god spoke to you? I know of several Muslims who had the same experience but they said it was Allah.

It was Jesus.... I was contemplating the cross.....one of the things He said was “...if you were the only one,I would have died for you...”

No doubt.

I’ll wager that none of the Muslims you know said that. In fact, as I recall, at least one Muslim you referred to previously lied to you. Probably lying to you again.

But, you are free to doubt, disbelieve ..... remember, these are your choices.

So you're willing to gamble that the Muslim is wrong. Just remember it's your salvation that you are betting on.

Well, your question poses that the issue is a gamble. It is not a gamble for me.

It may be a gamble for you as you are apparently uncertain about where the truth lies.

I am not gambling, perhaps you are.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Islam is an evil religion. It was created by Muhammad as a fanatical religion dedicated to world conquest and the imposition of a Sharia based tyranny. Christians and Jews who surrendered could live as inferiors. Others were given a choice of conversion to Islam or death.

[Linked Image from ]
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Islam is an evil religion. It was created by Muhammad as a fanatical religion dedicated to world conquest and the imposition of a Sharia based tyranny. Christians and Jews who surrendered could live as inferiors. Others were given a choice of conversion to Islam or death.

And it's handy to ignore what evils Christianity has produced.

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don’t understand how people can deny science when it conflicts with the Bible. The people who wrote the Bible may have wise and inspired, but they had no knowledge of science and the scientific method which allows the determination of facts. It’s better to leave science to scientists and let God handle other stuff.

[Linked Image from ]
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
I never called Klan members Christians or the Crusaders. Did HE?

Otoh, if attacked by China or Russia and the US loses to them wil history books proclaim the Christians great defeat?

Are you aware of the moslems attacks on Christians on their journeys to the holy land?

If Christians routinely attacked your family on your way to the supermarket would you feel entitled to attack them back?

As far as believers taking down Jericho, they and the land was made and owned by GOD. For whatever reason (of sin) HE turned HIS ire against them and gave them over to HIS people. This nation would do well to remember those lessons in the Bible, as would people like you, before its too late.

You might look around objectively and see how far we've fallen since kicking HIM out of school.

I think we've fallen pretty darn far, even though we now have color tv and colder a/c.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...shot-dead-fianc-saying-lives-matter.html

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/13/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I want some of that God Stuff.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The difference is that Islam is evil at the core. While Christianity was created for good and misused by evil men.

Islam had been attacking the West for 500 years before the Crusades. The Crusades were in response to Muslim attacks with the goal of regaining the holy lands for Christians. What those who criticize the Crusades don’t understand is that was how war was conducted at that time.

[Linked Image from ]
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Ringman
Ringman, the ocean is not a closed system and there are many mechanisms that remove ions from solution in seawater. Both physical and biological processes The salt in your shaker was formerly dissolved in the ocean, and precipitated in shallow seas to form salt beds, some of which are hundreds and thousands of feet thick. Like the salt beds used to store radioactive waste at the WIPP site. Or the salt beds that formed salt domes beneath Louisiana and Texas. Same with the gypsum in your sheetrock, formerly calcium sulfate dissolved in seawater that precipitated in shallow seas. And all the limestone previously mentioned, as well as limestone all over the world came from dissolved ions in seawater, either fixed by shelled organisms or sometimes precipitated in shallow seas.

In other words, the sea is not a closed system where the ions from dissolved rocks just accumulate. There are many processes that remove the ions from solution. These materials accumulate in sediments, are lithified into rock formations thousands of feet thick, and are eroded and recycled.

And like I said before, if this has to be explained to you, you have no business taking about "chemicals in the ocean."

Here's the problem with your " there are many mechanisms that remove ions from solution in seawater". The chemicals are not in equilibrium. They are still increasing. Why is that?

It really is true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Once again ringman, which chemicals are you talking about, how are they being measured, and where are they being measured. And please cite your sources. For once.

You discovered you lost so you try to discredit me.

I remember from other posts you want the last word. Therefore I will give you the opportunity.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G

gramps tells som whoppers
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
….

Check out the book Jesus and Mohammed. The author came in second in a class of 6,000. He earned a pH.D. in world religions. He switched from being an Imam to Christianity. I am willing to bet he knows more than you about both spiritual leaders.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
The change in the nature and character of God between the OT and the NT is quite evident and has been noted from early times.
And your opinion on ‘why’ that change occurred is different from that of others.
Originally Posted by DBT
It's not an opinion. History tells us that ideas and beliefs change over time.
It ‘is’ an opinion. Your opinion that the nature and character of God between the OT and NT changed due to “Greek thought and influence” differs from the opinions of others on this matter. And your opinion that that change was due to “beliefs change over time” differs from the opinions of others on this matter...especially when the time period in question was ‘just’ a few decades...from Jesus’ ministry, to the appearance of the earliest New Testament documents in the first century.
Some are of the opinion that if someone will die for you...then they are ‘for’ you...and ‘that’ can certainly influence someone’s thoughts and beliefs, and lead to the change in the nature and character of God between the OT and the NT.

The change in the nature and character of God between the OT and NT is there for anyone to see and read. That is not an opinion.

The bible tells us that God is eternal and unchanging, verses provided, so that is not an opinion.

So we are presented with a distinct change in the nature and character of God between the OT and NT, yet we are told that god is unchanging.

There lies the problem, what the bible itself says, which is not an opinion.

Your use of 'opinion' is no more than a means of defense.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Etoh
I want some of that God Stuff.

You have some, Etoh. He gave you a goodly bit. I promise, more than HE gave most.

If you want more, all you have to do is ask.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
….

Check out the book Jesus and Mohammed. The author came in second in a class of 6,000. He earned a pH.D. in world religions. He switched from being an Imam to Christianity. I am willing to bet he knows more than you about both spiritual leaders.

Unbelievers only look at the physical (science) to know more. The spiritual is too hard to feel or see, having been so ignored for their eternity. frown

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Check out the book Jesus and Mohammed.
The author came in second in a class of 6,000.
He earned a pH.D. in world religions. He switched
from being an Imam to Christianity .

Unbelievers only look at the physical (science) to know more. The spiritual is too hard to feel or see, having been so ignored for their eternity. frown

What is spiritual about a PhD..?

Islam to Jesus is like switching
shares from Apple to Microsoft.

Are you aware of the moslems attacks on Christians on their journeys to the holy land?

Since Jesus is supposed to dwell in each
and every christian making them a temple,
what value or need is there to visit a holy land
apart from the lucrative tourism dollar?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
The change in the nature and character of God between the OT and NT is there for anyone to see and read.
Yep. And the issue all along has been ‘why’ the change. Your opinion for the change is different from my opinion for the change.
Originally Posted by DBT
So we are presented with a distinct change in the nature and character of God between the OT and NT...
Yep. And the issue is ‘still’, as it has been all along, ‘why’ the change. Your opinion for the change is different from my opinion for the change.
Originally Posted by DBT
That is not an opinion.
It is an opinion.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Ringman, the ocean is not a closed system and there are many mechanisms that remove ions from solution in seawater. Both physical and biological processes The salt in your shaker was formerly dissolved in the ocean, and precipitated in shallow seas to form salt beds, some of which are hundreds and thousands of feet thick. Like the salt beds used to store radioactive waste at the WIPP site. Or the salt beds that formed salt domes beneath Louisiana and Texas. Same with the gypsum in your sheetrock, formerly calcium sulfate dissolved in seawater that precipitated in shallow seas. And all the limestone previously mentioned, as well as limestone all over the world came from dissolved ions in seawater, either fixed by shelled organisms or sometimes precipitated in shallow seas.

In other words, the sea is not a closed system where the ions from dissolved rocks just accumulate. There are many processes that remove the ions from solution. These materials accumulate in sediments, are lithified into rock formations thousands of feet thick, and are eroded and recycled.

And like I said before, if this has to be explained to you, you have no business taking about "chemicals in the ocean."

Here's the problem with your " there are many mechanisms that remove ions from solution in seawater". The chemicals are not in equilibrium. They are still increasing. Why is that?

It really is true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Once again ringman, which chemicals are you talking about, how are they being measured, and where are they being measured. And please cite your sources. For once.

You discovered you lost so you try to discredit me.

I remember from other posts you want the last word. Therefore I will give you the opportunity.

Ringman, that's hilarious. All I did was ask you for specifics to support your contention. If you don't have them, man up and admit it.

And answer this one--is there anything anyone could post here that would change your mind about the history of the earth?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by DBT
The change in the nature and character of God between the OT and NT is there for anyone to see and read.
Yep. And the issue all along has been ‘why’ the change. Your opinion for the change is different from my opinion for the change.
Originally Posted by DBT
So we are presented with a distinct change in the nature and character of God between the OT and NT...
Yep. And the issue is ‘still’, as it has been all along, ‘why’ the change. Your opinion for the change is different from my opinion for the change.
Originally Posted by DBT
That is not an opinion.
It is an opinion.

So when you choose not to believe, the fact becomes an opinion? Is that your opinion, or are you going to say that's my opinion? That's a handy lifestyle choice to adopt.

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 07/13/20.

Well?
Page 86 of 95 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

279 members (2ndwind, 300s, 260Remguy, 12344mag, 338reddog, 338rcm, 38 invisible), 2,368 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,620
Posts18,474,012
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.