Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Ive seen several doctors on the news say everyone at high risk of death from Covid 19 should just be put on Hydrochloriquine now , before they contract the virus, and put everyone back to work and school. One doctor even said it should be sold over the counter like in other countries because it is no more dangerous than Tylenol. Seems like common sense to do this to get the schools back open and the country back to full economic growth until a vaccine or full cure can be discovered...

I can understand educators being scared of the risk to themselves and their families and friends. It seems like there are solutions out their for now to do things safer and get the virus under control, but there are morons out there not allowing it to happen just because Trump supported Hydrochloroqhin or whatever reason.

Last edited by Ramdiesel; 07/13/20.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by centershot
Law suits. I believe this is the real underlying issue - scared of being sued.

Seems inevitable across all types of educational institutions, public or public private.

More bullschit.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Interesting to read what other folks think of teachers and what they do. I can only speak for the school my kids go to and a different school system in an adjoining state that my wife is a speech pathologist for. This is a conservative rural area. Most of the teachers are pretty representative of the community.

My wife worked from the time they stopped school until the end of the school year non-stop. Continual online meetings with kids over Zoom doing their speech therapy. Was a tough deal the first week setting up schedules and technology. There were some that didn't show for meetings but she was working continually. Many of the meetings were after hours as parents needed to be there to get the young kids set up. Billing, planning, reporting, were all the same. In the end school not meeting was A LOT more work for her....all it saved was a drive in and back and it cost a lot more time than that took each day to do everything else.

For my kids which range from grade school, to middle school, to high school in a local school (same school k through 12) they had weekly assignments posted that they were required to submit for each class. The assignments were "required" and were graded....but I can't say exactly how the grades were used. All of my kids said it wasn't as much as they would have done during school. Each of them had multiple online sessions each week that they attended. The online sessions weren't required since some students didn't have the technology they might need....rural area with a wide array of income levels. I can say teachers were posting work/lectures, grading work, and having online sessions. I know a lot of the teachers and all of them I know said they would have preferred being in school and that doing what they did took more time/effort than teaching in class. I know they were instructed that lack of work from students or poor scores after the last in-school day should NOT affect the kids grades.....so I can't say exactly how they used the grading other than for feedback to the kids.

I read a lot here about how sorry teachers and schools are. I know there a couple of teacher's that need to "hit the road" where my kids attend but those teachers stick out for a reason.....the majority are solid and work hard to educate kids. I guess I'm fortunate where I live. I KNOW the teachers here and my wife want to go back to school....if nothing else to make sure football season happens...grin.... There's legitimate concern about how things are going to be handled when they go back, most are concerned but most want to go back.

You’re emotionally invested in one so you’re prone to defend them.

I’ve dealt with with three different school districts in three different states for three different kids over the past 13 years.

Teachers and school staff are by and large some of the most worthless, idiotic, emotionally driven dumb fugks this country has to offer.

Obviously this is a generality and not applicable to each individual in the profession.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by centershot
Law suits. I believe this is the real underlying issue - scared of being sued.

Seems inevitable across all types of educational institutions, public or public private.

More bullschit.

How so? What would prevent people from suing?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Interesting to read what other folks think of teachers and what they do. I can only speak for the school my kids go to and a different school system in an adjoining state that my wife is a speech pathologist for. This is a conservative rural area. Most of the teachers are pretty representative of the community.

My wife worked from the time they stopped school until the end of the school year non-stop. Continual online meetings with kids over Zoom doing their speech therapy. Was a tough deal the first week setting up schedules and technology. There were some that didn't show for meetings but she was working continually. Many of the meetings were after hours as parents needed to be there to get the young kids set up. Billing, planning, reporting, were all the same. In the end school not meeting was A LOT more work for her....all it saved was a drive in and back and it cost a lot more time than that took each day to do everything else.

For my kids which range from grade school, to middle school, to high school in a local school (same school k through 12) they had weekly assignments posted that they were required to submit for each class. The assignments were "required" and were graded....but I can't say exactly how the grades were used. All of my kids said it wasn't as much as they would have done during school. Each of them had multiple online sessions each week that they attended. The online sessions weren't required since some students didn't have the technology they might need....rural area with a wide array of income levels. I can say teachers were posting work/lectures, grading work, and having online sessions. I know a lot of the teachers and all of them I know said they would have preferred being in school and that doing what they did took more time/effort than teaching in class. I know they were instructed that lack of work from students or poor scores after the last in-school day should NOT affect the kids grades.....so I can't say exactly how they used the grading other than for feedback to the kids.

I read a lot here about how sorry teachers and schools are. I know there a couple of teacher's that need to "hit the road" where my kids attend but those teachers stick out for a reason.....the majority are solid and work hard to educate kids. I guess I'm fortunate where I live. I KNOW the teachers here and my wife want to go back to school....if nothing else to make sure football season happens...grin.... There's legitimate concern about how things are going to be handled when they go back, most are concerned but most want to go back.

You’re emotionally invested in one so you’re prone to defend them.

I’ve dealt with with three different school districts in three different states for three different kids over the past 13 years.

Teachers and school staff are by and large some of the most worthless, idiotic, emotionally driven dumb fugks this country has to offer.

Obviously this is a generality and not applicable to each individual in the profession.

True, I know a lot of them so I'm invested. I see several that are idiots....but when I look around at society in general I'm very happy with the teachers in our local school....nah, thinking about it in that sense, I'm overjoyed with them.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

True, I know a lot of them so I'm invested. I see several that are idiots....but when I look around at society in general I'm very happy with the teachers in our local school....nah, thinking about it in that sense, I'm overjoyed with them.

Consider yourself blessed.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Put your thinking cap on and figure it out, dumb schit.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
[You also said your school wasn’t closed.

I did? Where?

“Closing” the schools ain’t being discussed AFAIK, at the very least we’ll be back to online.

I expect I’ll be required to be in my classroom “x” number of hours, I have always way exceeded that anyway.

The State Government in Austin will decide what constitutes meeting our obligation to the taxpayer, as their employee I will start from there.

Birdfugker,

You gonna acknowledge how fugking stupid you are?

Or just keep spinning in circles with your thumb buried up your ass?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[You also said your school wasn’t closed.

I did? Where?

“Closing” the schools ain’t being discussed AFAIK, at the very least we’ll be back to online.

I expect I’ll be required to be in my classroom “x” number of hours, I have always way exceeded that anyway.

The State Government in Austin will decide what constitutes meeting our obligation to the taxpayer, as their employee I will start from there.

Birdfugker,

You gonna acknowledge how fugking stupid you are?

Hmm... so me saying that closing the school for this upcoming school year hasn't been discussed is the same as me claiming that my school weren't closed after Spring Break of this year, which I plainly stated on this site any number of times?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Put your thinking cap on and figure it out, dumb schit.

I have learned this means you don't have an answer.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Hmm... so me saying that closing the school for this upcoming school year hasn't been discussed is the same as me claiming that my school weren't closed after Spring Break of this year, which I plainly stated on this site any number of times?

Keep talking out both sides of your ass.

You only affirm what most people already know about teachers.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I have learned this means you don't have an answer.

Sure thing, dumb schit.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Teachers and school staff are by and large some of the most worthless, idiotic, emotionally driven dumb fugks this country has to offer..

How did your kids turn out? Pretty good anyway I would guess, usually do if they have actual parents upon whom most of the responsibility resides.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

How did your kids turn out?

They won't be joining the Peace Corps.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Keep talking out both sides of your ass.

You only affirm what most people already know about teachers.

"Sigh"... for me to state my school was not closed as per every other school in the State of Texas was as you claim I did would be a patent absurdity, indeed you yourself strove to insult me over it any number of times. This is why you cannot show me where I stated that, so you dissemble.

Again, this is what you do when you don't have an argument.

As for the upcoming school year, as I previously stated AFAIK closing the schools down again this coming August has not been discussed.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Let's hope you aren't teaching English.

LOL.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Might be a smart decision, the World and indeed the Peace Corps prob'ly ain't the same as they were forty years ago.

But I'd guess a College Grad currently working at Starbucks could do worse than spend a couple of years being fed and clothed free of charge while teaching English in Eastern Europe or Central Asia...

https://www.peacecorps.gov/volunteer/volunteer-openings/english-education-volunteer-6380br/

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Might be a smart decision, the World and indeed the Peace Corps prob'ly ain't the same as they were forty years ago.

But I'd guess a College Grad currently working at Starbucks could do worse than spend a couple of years being fed and clothed free of charge while teaching English in Eastern Europe or Central Asia...

https://www.peacecorps.gov/volunteer/volunteer-openings/english-education-volunteer-6380br/

That post makes as much sense as the rest of your babbling bullschit.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Let's hope you aren't teaching English.

LOL.

Lets hope you ain't teaching ethics there Mr. Cut and Paste.... the full quote went....

.But back to your original statement, where did I state my school was not closed?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Children (and adults) have a natural ability to learn. Schools were never required for learning. Teachers were never required. Humans are eons old, and did fine for eons before there were public schools. But just like everything else, people have been brainwashed to think that schools not only serve a valuable function, but are for some reason actually required for people to learn things, which invariably runs contrary to their own personal experience. The cognitive dissonance in this culture reached critical mass decades ago.

What does it matter what the government says, or what some paid minion of the government (public school teacher) says? Are any of these people invested in your life, or your well-being? NO. Stop pretending otherwise.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

142 members (300_savage, 1minute, 35WhelenNut, 2five7, 45_100, 2ndwind, 17 invisible), 1,770 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,207
Posts18,503,862
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.