Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Those were some great MW commercials. Grew up on it.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't recall ever trying Duke's and have never tried or seen Blue Plate in my travels.

I buy my mayo by the gallon. It usually last me about 6 months. I tried being a cheap bastid a few times and bought the Bakers & Chefs brand from Sam's. It just didn't cut it. I spend the couple extra bucks for Best Foods these days. Heinze is a pretty decent back-up but I don't see it available in anything but squeeze bottles which would last me maybe 3 weeks, and I'll gag down nasty-ast Mercle Whup before I'll buy that garbage Kraft calls mayo.

Hmmm...........It appears that Bezos stocks Dukes, Blue Plate and several others in a variety of packaging.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stevelyn
I don't recall ever trying Duke's and have never tried or seen Blue Plate in my travels.

I buy my mayo by the gallon. It usually last me about 6 months. I tried being a cheap bastid a few times and bought the Bakers & Chefs brand from Sam's. It just didn't cut it. I spend the couple extra bucks for Best Foods these days. Heinze is a pretty decent back-up but I don't see it available in anything but squeeze bottles which would last me maybe 3 weeks, and I'll gag down nasty-ast Mercle Whup before I'll buy that garbage Kraft calls mayo.

Hmmm...........It appears that Bezos stocks Dukes, Blue Plate and several others in a variety of packaging.
Blue Plate is common around here.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by slumlord
Sysco

In gallons

They still got about 5 different kinds. All under the Imperial house-label.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I’d never heard of Dukes until a thread like this a few years ago. It’s what we buy now. Didn’t used to see it in stores around here, but it’s common now.

I only planted 50 tomato plants this year, started picking last week. There will be a lot of Dukes used in the consumption of BLTs up until frost hits.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by fgold767
I am THE different one: just butter....no mayo thanks.

I read in an Ernest Hemingway book that they smeared butter all over the cold cut sandwiches when on safari.

I've done the same ever since. It's damn good.

There is not a sandwich you can make that isn't improved by a liberal application of butter.

MAGA
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

I read in an Ernest Hemingway book that they smeared butter all over the cold cut sandwiches when on safari.

My folks butter both pieces of bread........mayo or "salad dressing" on one slice.

Its a bit much really.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Okay, so I finally got a chance to try some Dukes. Yes, it tastes very slightly different from Helman's, but there's no way I'd pass up a perfectly good bottle of Helman's to get this stuff. There's just not much difference in taste. For you guys that feel otherwise, good for you, but for my money, there's just not enough of a difference. As for comparing it to Miracle Whip, you couldn't pay me to eat ths crap. Mayo or nothing, I say. Now that we've covered this extremely important and pressing issue.............

This^^^. Helmans is good. Too.

I used to spend some time at the table as a kid, picking out those yuccki red specs in the damned MW, trying to make it taste like Mayo, I mean, when staying with cheap relatives. Never helped. Theyve put more crap in it than that to screw up MW.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/13/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
First off any condiment better be sparingly, I don't want my food 'wet', if it shoots all over the place, forgetaboutit.

Lunchmeat sandwiches, egg salad sandwich or tater salad, that's about it for MW or mayo second choice.

No on a hamburger, no, no... I hate it when i order no mayo add mustard on a burger where I know they put mayo on, and they still put mayo on, f'n idiots.

I once had a hunter in camp, from north Dakota, made my famous tacos. Asked if I had sour cream... dude I don't eat that chit, no... dude got out my mayo and goobed it on the tacos... he was banned from anymore of my camps.

Kent

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
You ran off a paying customer because of mayonnaise?

Did you also run a soup restaurant in New York City for a period of time in the 90's?

I am MAGA.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Gotta have standards...

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
You gross me out eating and you're banned...

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Another buddy of mine was guiding a guy, he put his muddy boots on the dash of his truck, buddy told him to put them down, dude said he paid for the hunt and he'll do what he wants, buddy made him get out and left him, called the outfitter and told him where to pick the hunter up.

F heads aren't worth the pittance.

Kent

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by krp
Another buddy of mine was guiding a guy, he put his muddy boots on the dash of his truck, buddy told him to put them down, dude said he paid for the hunt and he'll do what he wants, buddy made him get out and left him, called the outfitter and told him where to pick the hunter up.

F heads aren't worth the pittance.

Kent

Hahaha!

Yeah.....I woulda schit canned that guy too.

I am MAGA.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Anyway, about the north dakota mayo thing, they talk funny... was playing golf with a ND guy and he said, there's a lot of gophers out here, I said ya someone needs to shoot them... shoot gophers? All surprised... ya they're a nuisance... gophers?... Yep gophers...

No no gophers, pointing around...

Oh you mean golfers... chit learn to talk right...

Kent

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You ran off a paying customer because of mayonnaise?

Did you also run a soup restaurant in New York City for a period of time in the 90's?

I got that one.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by krp
Anyway, about the north dakota mayo thing, they talk funny... was playing golf with a ND guy and he said, there's a lot of gophers out here, I said ya someone needs to shoot them... shoot gophers? All surprised... ya they're a nuisance... gophers?... Yep gophers...

No no gophers, pointing around...

Oh you mean golfers... chit learn to talk right...

Kent

Hahahaha. Too freaking funny.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Mix up a dollop in tuna/egg/mayo/lime salad. Add a few dashes of Valentinos. Smooth. No one can figure out the secret either.

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 2,345 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,514
Posts18,472,404
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.