Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Just found out some eternally miserable, utterly condescending liberal douche from where I hailed 35 years ago relocated to Montana. Just where you expect and insufferable condescending liberal to land, in Missoula.

Damn this state is going down the drain.

I thought you were going to say the Kelley Mine was re-opening!

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by deflave
From your mom to the next.

How was it, with a 92-year-old who has been dead for a couple of years? That's probably the only way you ever get any action- - - -digging up a corpse!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Its the same old [bleep] out here.

They keep the new [bleep] away.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Its getting still worse here in Colorado. At a Golden grocery store the other day a normal-looking guy in his 50's came up to me at the ice cream case, and said "You know they started putting mono-diglycerides in that stuff" I told him I didnt know what that was, and he started to explain the chemistry. I looked over my glasses at him and said "Probably not as bad as 2,4-D", picked up my ice cream, and walked away. Ugh.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Well I'm encouraged, that they are driving through Idaho and keep going to Montana. Very encouraging to me. We've got too many liberals in Boise all ready. I'm voting for a fence around the state.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
Originally Posted by CashisKing

The thing about West Virginia or the South... not a damn person in the world wants to live here except those of us that do.

So far, so good!

That's right Dave, we can keep telling West Virginia jokes... and they can keep telling people in California how wonderful Montana is.

Same thing folks in Iceland did thousands of years ago...

"Iceland... oh hell no it's too icy, a man like you should go to Greenland, yeah Greenland is perfect for you... it's SUPER GREEN!"

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Welcome to Texas

Get one of these welcome devices for all the CA plates and commie bumper sticker vehicles.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
That new TV Show "Yellowstone" is sure to be influencing some folks to move to Montana, ha! I would not suggest you handle the "outsiders" the way "John Dutton" does...you could end up in Prison, ha. smile

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Joe Rogan and Steve Rinella talk about Montana a LOT.

And I have zero doubt it adds to the influx.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Sometimes it is good to be old. I saw the best of it. The "coast people have screwed up where the used to live and not are headed our way to do it again after they've fine tuned their methods. BTW if you're thinking Nevada it is a chit hole. Montana is pretty now, but you may change your mind after a winter or two, I've had a shack up there for 30 years and a couple of winters ago it was 40 below. Killing cold! Leave your short pants in California. STFH!

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Find yourself a place in MT @ 6K' or higher and the cold winter will sort out an awful lotta folks.

East/West coasters should have to quarantine 5yrs in Browning or Crow Agency before being allowed to own anything outside of there. They need to see what the world looks like when everything is dependent upon Gov't.

Last edited by horse1; 07/15/20.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Same thing here with NYC'ers, NJ'ites, Mass'ers, etc.

I check their oil and don't mince words with them, if liberal-minded.

Speaking of Mass'ers, will somebody punch that bobblehead Warren in the throat? Saw her cakehole on tv again last night.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
MT always seems like it is 30 years behind, except Billings, which seems like another Seattle suburb.

I spoke with a police sergeant in Billings. I said, "I hear all over this state about Billings crack whores. Got any crack whores here?"

He spoke so professionally to that question, I as taken aback, ~~" We have some crack and some prostitution, but over 50% of our budget is spent on native Americans that have been drinking."

I realized that most of MT resents Billings for being modern. "Billings crack whores" is a just a visual persuasion against the modern.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by BobMt
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by BobMt

think about it this way....no one would be buying and moving in ....if there wasn't anything for sale....the "locals" are doing the selling....just like you are going to sell out.......hope you make a nice profit.......bob

I could sell my place tomorrow and make more profit than I thought I'd ever see in 3 years of working when I was young. Not the point, and wish I didn't even need to consider it. It's the younger generation that is losing out. Sure, mom and pop or gram and grandpa can sell out and make some dough. What's left for the kids or grandkids? Point being the price point to buy a starter house or little chunk of property to throw a trailer on to start out is out of reach. At some point the well will run dry. It's not an out of state thing as far as my perspective, it's an urban/rural thing. If all that drives a guy is making money, then the whole thing is nothing but a bonanza. Opinions are like azzholes, mine just stinks less than most. smile

i get what you are saying.....30 years ago paradise valley was expensive and still is...worked my ass off to get ahead....others can too.

just have to work your way up or move to where it is cheaper to buy and live....either way still gonna have to work hard.....what part of the state are you thinking about?......hope it works out well for you......bob

Thank you

Looking at the Ovando area. Worked a ranch there as a teenager, bought a filly down there a couple months ago.

I get it man, life isn't supposed to be easy. If it's easy it aint' worth having. Translates to chicks, etc etc. I'm not a hypocrite, if anybody cared and I felt like it I'd share but it ain't worth it on here anymore. I made it as far as me and the wife are concerned, but I'm not so selfish as to ignore my neighbors and my kids.

Ovando is pretty cool area. Old-school ranch country. I like that area along with Helmville and Avon. Worked on a place between Cascade and WSS years ago. Probably some of the best grass in the state.

Montana MOFO
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I guess you'd say Billings is modern, but I never get out of high gear when going through to the prairie and my shack with the rest of the people out there who don't want to be "modernized". Don't even mention Bozeman!

Last edited by Switch; 08/11/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One good “normal “ winter and half will head for the door.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
One good “normal “ winter and half will head for the door.

I was living in the Flathead during the winter of '96-'97. The next year the U-haul dealer was 2nd busiest in the nation; he would have been #1 if he had more trucks/trailers. A co-worker moved in the following summer, said he rented his trailer for next to nothing, for bringing it in. A lot of us were hoping for two more consecutive winters like that.

Dale

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
If not for a surveying error (they lost the continental divide), a good part of western Montana would be in Idaho. We were a little bummed out about until we realized it would have included Missoula. Sadly, the Idaho panhandle has also turned out to have a strong attraction for Californians and liberals from all over.
Seriously, tainted by newcomers though it may be, Missoula is still an OK place, for a big city. When I am able to go, the shoots at Missoula are some of my favorites. GD

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
In the early 80's I was part of a research team that spent the summer in the Seely Lake, Kalispell area. I fell in love with the area and told everyone that I wanted to retire there, but the influx of west coasters has probably made me change plans. The area is still beautiful, but it doesn't feel the same. Or it could be that I am just older, grumpier and more jaded than back in my youth.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Tarkio: Nothing new there - according to the 2,005 Montana state census 64% (sixty four percent!) of ALL Montana residents were born in another state!
That percentage, I am sure, has gone up in the last 15 years a tad or two.
Still I find the majority of Montana "residents" to be honest, sincere, well meaning, generous, likable people.
That is/was NOT the case with the people who lived where I came from 23+ years ago!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1234, 16gage, 06hunter59, 60 invisible), 2,317 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,400
Posts18,470,126
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.