Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 19 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 18 19
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Bristoe,,,you are absolutely correct. How I solve that potential problem is by making sure there ain't anything in my car that the dogs can smell. Consequently, I keep my stash in Casey's car!

I'm convinced 70% of criminal charges would not occur if people didn't drive!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by .280Rem
People will let you search their cars KNOWING full well what's in there will ruin their lives...and I can't explain it either, but it takes little more than asking in the right way in most cases.

Yeah,... well,... if ya say "no", they bring this mean ass dog in and let him sniff around on ya car, and if he runs at ya and starts eatin' on ya leg afterwards they call it probable cause and search it anyway.

So,.... you got two choices. Let the cops search ya car while ya gettin' et on by a dog,... or let 'em search ya car while ya just stand there.

Not if you know your rights, and the cops respect them.

War Damn Eagle!

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
People will let you search their cars KNOWING full well what's in there will ruin their lives...and I can't explain it either, but it takes little more than asking in the right way in most cases.

Yeah,... well,... if ya say "no", they bring this mean ass dog in and let him sniff around on ya car, and if he runs at ya and starts eatin' on ya leg afterwards they call it probable cause and search it anyway.

So,.... you got two choices. Let the cops search ya car while ya gettin' et on by a dog,... or let 'em search ya car while ya just stand there.

Not if you know your rights, and the cops respect them.

That's like sayin', "Not if you can afford a lawyer".

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by isaac
OK..I'll play along for a short bit. Give me one dumbed down version your concerned with. Don't wait 10 minutes so you can quickly Google search something. Give me one appellate dumbed- down version of a criminal case that causes you concern.

Appeal?! Why bother to appeal? How much money will it cost to appeal in the (formerly justice) legal system?

The injustices of family law court don't count!!

Why not? grin

This is not a good time for you to complain about your unconstitutional 150 dollar support payment!

I'm not--'cause I don't pay........... laugh

Change--nor improvement--is never going to come from the insiders, political, legal, or otherwise.

Several decades ago, another independent minded 'ol boy I worked for used to say: "Give people their cars, houses, color TV's, and they'll trade away everything else" Kind'a along the same vein as Ben Franklin's security vs liberty thing.

With all due respect Bob, you're not the stuff of change--too much to risk.......instead you'll defend the status quo.

I've been in the sun all day, I'm hot, tired, and hungry--keep it up and I'll really make you mad..........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Besides,... we ain't got no rights no more.

Bush said that us havin' rights would lead to terrorist attacks and revoked all of 'em.

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
,... yeah,... said the Muslims attacked us 'cause of our freedoms and chit,.... so he took 'em all away,.. said that would fix it.

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by blinddog1
It may have been a case of mistaken identity, the cop thought you were somone else .

Yep.....two white guys in their 40's with sunburn just robbed a liquor store.Driving a 06 Toyota trailering a 16 ft blue boat WITH WORKING TRAILR LIGHTS.

Come on........it was an illegal stop.No more no less.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I've been in the sun all day, I'm hot, tired, and hungry--keep it up and I'll really make you mad..........
=================================================================

Nothing can knock this grin off my face!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Bristoe,,,you are absolutely correct. How I solve that potential problem is by making sure there ain't anything in my car that the dogs can smell. Consequently, I keep my stash in Casey's car!

Casey is one of the few peers you will ever meet who has never--never--"experimented" with mind altering substances......Wait--does Copenhagen count?......how about Coors?

You're right about driving.....then again, want to discuss government "licensing" everything?...........talk about dumbing down.......

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
MADE IT,

Everybody now.....

Early one mornin' while makin' the rounds
I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down
I went right home and I went to bed I stuck that lovin' 44 beneath my head

IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Casey is one of the few peers you will ever meet who has never--never--"experimented" with mind altering substances

I ain't "experimented" with 'em either,.... I mean,.. you know,... they wasn't a laboratory in the vicinity at the time, or nuthin'.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
,... make it sound like they gotta be a scientist present ta smoke a joint,.......

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Bristoe...Quick aside and I am sorry folks

Check your music library and check out the music by a guy named Keb Mo. Wanted to tell you before I forgot again!

Carry on fellas.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If we hurry we can make 6 pages before midnight!

COPS SUCK, DEFENDANT'S SWALLOW!

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I seen a twist on that one too.

Back in my college days we got stopped near Laramie. They didn't even ask if they could search our pickup. A second cop car pulled up with this "pup" maybe 9 or 10 months old, and led him to the vehicle and unleashed him. He ran around wanting to play. they opened the truck door and let him in there. He ran around in there playing and looking out the windows. In the mean time the cops were watching him saying, "Did you see that he indicated under the seat. Did you see that, he indicated the glove box. Did you see that, he indicated the visors. Then they lifted him in the back--guess what he indicated the tool box. then they let him out and he ran around playing in the barrow pit. Me and my pard were saying that dog didn't indicate anything--he just looked like a pup having fun. "Yeah, we say he was indicating stuff, so now were going to search". They did, of coarse there was nothing in the truck to incriminate us. I could of told them that and even would of let them look without all the theatrics.

When they were all done I told them, "Look now he's indicating that something's in your car". laugh

Last edited by JaquesLaRami; 06/25/07.

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I've heard the name,....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by remrug77
Originally Posted by blinddog1
It may have been a case of mistaken identity, the cop thought you were somone else .

Yep.....two white guys in their 40's with sunburn just robbed a liquor store.Driving a 06 Toyota trailering a 16 ft blue boat WITH WORKING TRAILR LIGHTS.

Come on........it was an illegal stop.No more no less.

Probably tooking for two BLACK guys in their 40's with sunburn just robbed a liquor store.Driving a 06 Toyota trailering a 16 ft blue boat WITH WORKING TRAILR LIGHTS.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
He, the cop, should have followed them again after pulling them over to see if the lights were intermittent and not actually working. But like some have already said, they didn't get a ticket and it was a minor inconveniece being pulled over. Are we at 5 pages yet?

What the cop did was go speeding past us then made a U turn.Never once did he follow behind us.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If we hurry we can make 6 pages before midnight!

COPS SUCK, DEFENDANT'S SWALLOW!

Mine says page 22..........

Casey

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by JaquesLaRami

I seen a twist on that one too.

back in my college days we got stopped near Laramie. They didn't even ask if they could search our pickup. A second cop car pulled up with this "pup" maybe 9 or 10 months old, and led him to the vehicle and unleashed him. He ran around wanting to play. they opened the truck door and let him in there. He ran around in there playing and looking out the windows. In the mean time the cops were watching him saying, "did you see that he indicated under the seat. Did you see that, he indicated the glove box. Did you see that, he indicated the visors. Then they lifted him in the back--guess what he indicated the tool box. then they let him out and he ran around playing in the barrow pit. Me and my pard were saying that dog didn't indicate anything--he just looked like a pup having fun. "Yeah, we say he was indicating stuff, so now were going to search". They did, of coarse there was nothing in the truck to incriminate us. I could of told them that and even would of let them look without a the theatrics.

When they were all done I told them look now he's indicating that something's in your car. laugh

'least he didn't chit innit,.....

Page 11 of 19 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 10Glocks, 163bc, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 67 invisible), 2,152 guests, and 1,098 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,565
Posts18,531,742
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.