Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Gents, and Doug of course.

I’m working with rimfire rifles. 22LR, 17 HMR, and 17 WSM.

What is the current “hot” scopes in either 1” or 30mm tube that has nice glass?

Looking for 4-14 minimum on the low power range, up to 6-20 on the higher side.

Objective can be anything from a 40, 42, or 44.

Price point up to $500

Thanks,

Beave

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have you considered a Meopta Meopro?

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Have you considered a Meopta Meopro?

I was going to mention the 4-14 with turrets. Pretty danged versatile scope and it won't break the bank from Doug a bit!

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I just "happen" to have High Zoot Custom Rifles in all of those chamberings,with more on order. BT/DT and have all the T-shirts with glass...so simply pass the 6x MQ and hold the fhuqking Fluff. Hint.

On a DEDICATED Giggles Rifle,10x MQ is viable. For Utility,the 6x steals the fhuqking show. Hint.

You get 10yd parallax,rhyme/reason to erector/windshield,no SFP DumbFhuqktitude,HUGE erector travel(40+ Mil's),amazing zero retention/tracking/repeats,windshield that will actually do more than a "smidge" and they thrive upon actual USE,rather than Safe Queen bullschit proffered by them who shoot zero to none,yet "think" otherwise. Hint. LAUGHING!

Fixing to carve yet another 6x MQ outta it's shipping parcel,here directly. Though shipping a Meoptika out for repair.

Hint....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
WTB 6X SWFA

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Prolly don't pay to linger.(grin)

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

It'll do a farrrrrrrr better job of filling ring saddles,than the Meoptika's attempt at same. Mechanics matter more than anything,to them who actually shoot.

Hint...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There is a Japanese made bushnell 4500 4x16x40sf with doa reticle going off on eBay in 2hrs. Prolly be had for 350 great scope

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by srwshooter
There is a Japanese made bushnell 4500 4x16x40sf with doa reticle going off on eBay in 2hrs. Prolly be had for 350 great scope

You "get" SFP,a Dog Schit fhuqking reticle,parallax adjustment well shy of the MQ's and a "whopping" 40 fhuqking MOA of erector travel(shy of the MQ windshield alone's capabilities/latitude),all coaxed into a long/schitty tube,famous for an inability to hold zero,track or fhuqking repeat. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You just defined Safe Queen Bullschit,by doing your fhuqking best. Hint.

LAUGHING!...................

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Wow

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by BillyE
Wow

Meet Larry, aka big stick aka whogivesafuck.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
SWFA 6x or 10x does not meet the OP’s wants.

Happy Trails

Bob

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I have a Burris Fullfield E1 4.5-14x42mm W/ the Long-Range MOA reticle on CZ 17hmr and really like it. (Not the ballistic Plex reticle).

I also have a Bushnell Nitro 5-20 FFP that I’ve been equally impressed with on a Tikka T1x 22lr.

Both are excellent choices if hold over reticles are your thing.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have bought a couple of vx3i 4.5-14 scopes for my son and a friend. I think the glass is good. Doug did have a couple of open box deals on them. Seem hard to beat for under 400.00.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a Zeiss v4. 3-12 I paid $479 For

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Oh hell,he's laughing again...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
FrillyE,

"Wow" isn't even a start,for the gals Dumbfhuqktitude. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!................

KchuntShoot,

VERY good call to refrain all things The Rifle and go right to Whining...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

bless your heart for schlepping Stupidity,to so many places it's never been before.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

BoobBrown,

The OP is fhuqking Clueless and happens to be the one asking questions. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my being slow to condone outright fhuqking STUPIDITY,while you revel in same. Hint.

Bless your heart for Whining though.

Hint.

Laughing!.............

Can'tfish,

I've yet to see a Reupold 4.5-14x of ANY ilk hold zero,track or repeat and you assuredly don't have the first. Hint. Congratulations?!?

"Glass" is wayyyyyyyyyy down the list from schit that matters,like MECHANICS. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying though,because that was funnier than fhuqk.

Hint.

LAUGHING!................

cumsincowboys,

The only things you "shoot",are your mouth and Imagination...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart,for C-clamps and Playgrounds being your World.

Hint.

LAUGHING!................

Bill69,

There's nothing more HILARIOUS,than you Clueless Fhuqks trying to talk scopes. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Do not forget,that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Oooopsie...too late!!! Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,for doing your best.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Beaver10
I’m working with rimfire rifles. 22LR, 17 HMR, and 17 WSM. Price point up to $500

Have three Mil-quads, 10x, two 20x. Friend has a 6x, like it very much.

Fixed 30mm SWFAs are ideal for rimfires given the EFR to 10yds. Unless shooting running stuff even 20x is not a problem. At age 65 10x (or 12x, probably) is more useful on a rimfire, especially on overcast days.

The adjustment range allows me to take CCI SV out to over 300 yds, center hold. Farther if you get 50 yd zero at bottom of adjustment range. Just one reason SWFAs are so popular among the long-range .22 crowd. Most BR scopes will not do this.

Bankable adjustments are another reason. Hard to believe they can do that for $300. Scopes are aiming devices, not cameras. Clear to edge and bright are nice, but not needed.

Can record zero figures for different rimfire loads, dial to it and hit every time. As eg find CCI SV and Sub-HPs to shoot the same trajectory. One of my Anschutz sporters does so with a 0.2 mil windage offset. Nice to be able to switch back and forth.

Own and use a bunch of Leupold VX3s, including a 6.5-20 EFR. Nice, clear glass, but not one can be trusted to retain zero following an adjustment. Settling in means at least overnight, IME. Forget that rap the turret stuff. Every one gets tested at least two additional trips to the range. Then I believe them. Works for me b/c don't shoot beyond 250 yds at deer/moose anymore. And once I find a load that works I tend to use it forever. Otherwise might have MQ 6s on everything non-varmint.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I barely have 80 or so of 'em. Hint.

Now akin to most everything else...as X's go up,erector travel goes down,the Reupold MK4 16x M1 a glaring anomaly in that windage adjustments are sliced in half to pad ele,which is a GREAT trade...yet well shy of MQ latitude(I've a few). The Fixed Fhuqker 12,16 and 20X's pale to 6/10X erector travel. Along with same,comes the mathematical ratio of "brightness"/exit pupil,in that objective diameter divided by magnification,equates same. The 6x MQ mechanically,steals the show. Hint.

Have yet to see a Reupold 6.5-20X of any flavor,hold zero,track or repeat. Same goes the 4.5-14X cited prior. Had a run of nice luck with elder Reupold MK4 M1 3.5-10X's,along with elder MK4 M1 straight 10X's,none of which can begin to match a "lowly" 6x MQ,in relative mechanical ability. The Reupold MK4 M3 6X is stalwart,but horribly crippled in gross erector travel,turret travel direction and 1 MOA "increments",but holds zero and will track. Hint.

If there was something better,I'd simply fhuqking use it.

Hint................

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sam_H
Originally Posted by Beaver10
I’m working with rimfire rifles. 22LR, 17 HMR, and 17 WSM. Price point up to $500

Have three Mil-quads, 10x, two 20x. Friend has a 6x, like it very much.

Fixed 30mm SWFAs are ideal for rimfires given the EFR to 10yds. Unless shooting running stuff even 20x is not a problem. At age 65 10x (or 12x, probably) is more useful on a rimfire, especially on overcast days.

The adjustment range allows me to take CCI SV out to over 300 yds, center hold. Farther if you get 50 yd zero at bottom of adjustment range. Just one reason SWFAs are so popular among the long-range .22 crowd. Most BR scopes will not do this.

Bankable adjustments are another reason. Hard to believe they can do that for $300. Scopes are aiming devices, not cameras. Clear to edge and bright are nice, but not needed.

Can record zero figures for different rimfire loads, dial to it and hit every time. As eg find CCI SV and Sub-HPs to shoot the same trajectory. One of my Anschutz sporters does so with a 0.2 mil windage offset. Nice to be able to switch back and forth.

Own and use a bunch of Leupold VX3s, including a 6.5-20 EFR. Nice, clear glass, but not one can be trusted to retain zero following an adjustment. Settling in means at least overnight, IME. Forget that rap the turret stuff. Every one gets tested at least two additional trips to the range. Then I believe them. Works for me b/c don't shoot beyond 250 yds at deer/moose anymore. And once I find a load that works I tend to use it forever. Otherwise might have MQ 6s on everything non-varmint.

Thanks.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Vortex

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

373 members (1_deuce, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 11point, 53 invisible), 2,557 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,678
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.