Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Hi Alvaro,

I doubt JB paste would remove DBC, at least very quickly, but don't know for sure. DBC is a LOT harder than copper fouling.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Hi Alvaro,

I doubt JB paste would remove DBC, at least very quickly, but don't know for sure. DBC is a LOT harder than copper fouling.

LOL from one who has tried, NO and Hell NO. JB paste will not remove DBC. Once cured if you want it gone, put on a new barrel and use the other as a tomato stake.

but haven't opened one of the new batch they sent me maybe 6-8 months ago. The company contacted me then because they wanted some other company to possibly take over the sales, promotion, customer service, etc, as the manufacturer has become busier with bigger things. (DBC and their other gun products were always sort of a sideline.)

HA HA 6-8 mos. The company has lied about customer service and an info page for damn near 2 years. Zilch on both. Hell of a sideline, sell a product and then won’t support it or back it. The owner must be related to Schumer or Pelosi.

Swifty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I thought that all gun cleaning products HAD to be complicated home mixtures based on Kroil and involving such things as eye of newt and ground unicorn horn.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Rustyzipper
Shinbone it IS difficult. Buy a steel one gallon gas can. Pour a quart of the four ingredients into it. It is a terrible inconvenience. You would probably rather pay ten times the price for a tiny amount. It is your money. Manage it any way you want.

Time = money, and I manage both well. Thanks!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I thought that all gun cleaning products HAD to be complicated home mixtures based on Kroil and involving such things as eye of newt and ground unicorn horn.

They must be complicated. How else are you going to clean corrosive or mercuric primers, powder deposits and grime? Or copper? One day, we'll have priming compounds and propellants that aren't so hard on metal. Or non Copperized bullets!

And you certainly shouldn't be buying commercial cleaners!!! They are too expensive and incapable of getting the gunk out. You cannot trust any commercial company. None of their employees are qualified to come up with a proper cleaner anyway. Better to go to Pep Boys and get the right stuff yourself!!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Thank you, John.

Swifty,

No, I do not want it gone. Actually, I am so happy with it that my question was more focused on wether I needed to reapply it after the JB scrubbing or not.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Hi Alvaro,

LOL from one who has tried, NO and Hell NO. JB paste will not remove DBC. Once cured if you want it gone, put on a new barrel and use the other as a tomato stake.

but haven't opened one of the new batch they sent me maybe 6-8 months ago. The company contacted me then because they wanted some other company to possibly take over the sales, promotion, customer service, etc, as the manufacturer has become busier with bigger things. (DBC and their other gun products were always sort of a sideline.)

HA HA 6-8 mos. The company has lied about customer service and an info page for damn near 2 years. Zilch on both. Hell of a sideline, sell a product and then won’t support it or back it. The owner must be related to Schumer or Pelosi.

Swifty52,

You have been carrying this hatred for the DBC in your heart for far too long.
Don't you know that this poisonous hatred of DBC is consuming your heart and mind and will lead to your doom?
Forgive the DBC and go forth with a free and happy heart and know that the DBC has no ill will toward you.
I hope that you quickly recover from your DBC madness and rejoin the ranks of the sane.

Amen

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Clarkm,
Thanks for the link to that copper cleaning experiment!
I'll be buying some KG12.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 25aught6, 69 invisible), 2,504 guests, and 1,349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,932
Posts18,518,954
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.