Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Sycamore: Yes, thanks. I just got a new Pulse Oximeter a few weeks ago. I didn't think to use it, but I will definitely use it in the future.

Her oxygen sat. level was 95% as of ~ 30 minutes ago.

Last edited by High_Noon; 07/23/20.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Jerry, That is just awful to read. I am happy to hear; however, that your daughter received the surgery she so desperately needed and recovered so beautifully. I can't imagine how difficult that must have been for you - let alone your daughter. Thanks for sharing that story - it helps a lot to know that these trying issues can have a happy result.

Last edited by High_Noon; 07/23/20.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Prayers enroute from south Jersey.

Jeff

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Jeffy.

I feel a lot better now that I know the issue is likely not her heart.

- Del Gue
W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Prayers from us in N.C.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thank you wilkes

- Del Gue
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
More prayers from NC offered. Having to choose which parent can be with your little girl when she is sick has to be heart wrenching and times a million when the parents are estranged....

I had to travel for a knee MRI a few weeks ago.... never been to this hospital before... didn't see any signs saying employees only by the door I approached.... 2 sets of doors the first opened the 2nd didn't. When someone inside saw me her eyes got so big I thought they might have been getting ready to gas me in the space between the door.... Managed to get directions to the ER door where patients were allowed to enter.... got temperature taken everyone wearing masks lots of do not step past this line markers... it felt like some sort of dystopian future novel....

I'm glad they are taking infection control seriously.... but it was a strange experience. Can't really imagine how much more stressful that strangeness is for the parent of a young child. Please keep us posted.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Will do, thanks 2ndwind.

- Del Gue
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Prayers sent.

A friend of mine lived on the border a number of years and the health issues were ramping up. He had a very nice place but a colonia reared up near him and pretty soon two of his four kids were deathly ill with a virus similar to the Bubonic Plague. The next thing I knew, he'd quit his high-paying government job that he'd held for years and moved back to Kansas. Right now the worst county in Kansas for COVID is Ford, where Dodge City is located. Meat packing plants. Guess who works there.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Prayer for both you and Her High Noon...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K - sorry that I did not see this thread much sooner - you and the young lady have been through quite an ordeal since yesterday and you are in my prayers now. Knowing that she is a very bright and strong little girl, it is difficult to imagine her - and you - being in such a plight. It sounds as though she is doing her best to encourage you as you have fought this battle for her.

Let's hope that the "virus" diagnosis yields a solid explanation for the suddenness of this new condition and that it is easily treatable.

It can be very frustrating - even depressing - to be sitting in a hospital ER for hours without having one's child receive the excellent care we so often take for granted in this country, and I'm sorry that you have experienced this shortfall in what is supposed to be the best hospital in your area. And, my wife has been such a great partner as we cared for and raised four kids that the contrast of trying to work successfully with a disagreeable ex would be discouraging.

This has been a rough 24 to 36 hours, but kids are tough and yours is a really strong one - and she has a great dad in her corner. Stay calm, stay focused and smile at her often.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Geez, the young lass shouldn't have to go thru all of this. Smaller hospitals may only see a cardiologist once a week or so. Ped cardios are even a bit more rare. Keep asking questions - even if it's "what's next?" - and whether they called for a cardio consult. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. You're her best advocate. Don't stop until you get answers.

Stay strong HN and Godspeed to the youngster.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I spent two days in the hospital a few years ago with a pulse rate of 140-150- - - - -they called it "atrial fibrillation". Now I'm on a horrendously expensive, very powerful blood thinner called Pradaxa that's supposed to minimize the chances of a blood clot forming that could cause a stroke. The funny thing was that I had no symptoms at all of any problems except profuse sweating. My wife checked my pulse and freaked out! That was at least 10 years ago. The alternative to Pradaxa is warfarin- - - -(rat poison)- - - -which has to be monitored and the dosage adjusted frequently. I definitely don't want to deal with that!

I hope things work out well- - - - -it's frustrating, watching our kids get sick or hurt and not being able to fix it! Mine are 48 and 50 years old, but they're still kids to me! Hang in there!

Jerry, sorry to learn that you have needed to be on the Pradaxa routine, and hope it has served you well. Has the tempo been well controlled? If you ever want to re-think the decision about using warfarin, it may help to know that it can be stabilized with a few dietary considerations and you can self-monitor at home in a way that is quite simple and generally enables one to avoid significant adjustments of the med. I am an ornery and independent old codger but have been able to bring that off at home with the right tools. Best wishes.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Prayers sent,i have my own 10 year old and i just can t imagine,may she recover quickly. I ve delt with my own crazy ex,i feel for you.when i lived in Houston in 1988/9, i caught some mexican stomach bug that was going around,i ve never been so sick in my life,only time i ever fainted .

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Prayers sent,i have my own 10 year old and i just can t imagine,may she recover quickly. I ve delt with my own crazy ex,i feel for you.when i lived in Houston in 1988/9, i caught some mexican stomach bug that was going around,i ve never been so sick in my life,only time i ever fainted .

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Prayers sent from Georgia.

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prayers on the way.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
High Noon, wishing the best for your little girl. Hold her hand and tell her you love her. My youngest daughter is 11 years old and they are the most precious things in a fathers life. Thoughts and prayers for you and your daughter.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Children are special. Prayers lifted from South Texas.

BP...

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by High_Noon
I been at the hospital all day with my 10 year old daughter. This AM, out of nowhere, her pulse rate started racing - all the way up to 140. Her normal resting rate is around 70. I took her to the ER, and it was like pulling teeth to get her in to see a doctor, which was perplexing since there was virtual no patients in the ER. Of course the MSM would have you believe otherwise - reporting that all ER beds, all ICU beds, all rooms were overflowing, etc. in TX. Total and complete BS. There were literally only 2 other patients in the ER. I had to raise holy hell to get someone to help us.

After 6 hours we were released. Got back home, relaxed, ate dinner and then I was sitting on the couch with her watching her play a video game and I reached over to check her pulse again - it was racing 155 BPM! WTF??? She was calm and happy. We were laughing together and she was not anxious about anything. I took her back to the ER. Her Endocrinologist wanted her admitted under the care of a Pediatric Cardiologist. EKG is fine, chest X-Ray is fine, blood work is normal, thyroid test is normal, urine is normal, blood sugar just a bit high at 116. After 4+ hours tonight, the Cardiologist has still not shown up. Her Endocrinologist has not shown up. They still have not admitted her! I don't know what the heck is going on - this hospital is the best in town and they are not busy at all. Nobody knows what the hell is going on with my daughter.

Her Mom finally showed up at the ER and they wouldn't let her in. I talked to the head Triage Nurse who told me that they would make a special exception since I had been there all day but she told me that I could not come back. Too bad we're not in Dallas where there's decent doctors.

Please keep my daughter in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you.

I have a 10 year old girl. My thoughts and prayers are with you! Keep strong for all.

The way life should be.
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 16gage, 54 invisible), 3,002 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,965
Posts18,519,560
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.