Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
I know where I stand on issues that matter to me and I know how I'm going to vote. That being said, I made a decision to turn off the news and listen to, watch and think about positive, productive, interesting things today and it was a really nice day! Might try this again tomorrow.......

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Good for you. Same here, I just keep extra busy with work and read a ton more. Been reading more fiction lately.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I never watched the news on my own. My parents did, my in-laws did and to an extent, my wife did. I didn't have it on to turn off. It's always been propaganda, even locally.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Stopped watching TV news four years ago. I rarely turn the TV on anymore.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I get it, I can be really upsetting seeing people burn down statues and business. I never thought people in the time and age could still be this gullible.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Nebraska
I know where I stand on issues that matter to me and I know how I'm going to vote. That being said, I made a decision to turn off the news and listen to, watch and think about positive, productive, interesting things today and it was a really nice day! Might try this again tomorrow.......

You did yourself a favor. I turned it off a few years back. I do watch about 15-30 minutes of local news in the AM but thats it.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
It's not "news" it's political BS by a bunch of people who are not "experts"? For instance, any of the news anchors ever been elected?? Hmmm NO, Ever built a business? Filed bankruptcy for a failed business? No? You mean to tell me they are not perfect? But they are so judgemental and full of crap?

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Ostrich

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
I never watch the news. I don't need to get angry over lies. The local news is laughable nonsense, seriously voiced.

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I too do not watch the news as the newscasters are propaganda puppets and not journalist.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The news is pathetic as are most of the websites. It is just all too frustrating for me, I get so mad I need to break things! What is scary is how so many believe every single word without question. The left own the airwaves, for the most part, and are really good at what they do. Influencing the minds of the sheep!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You have to search far and long for a good source.

NBC affiliates need a salt mine.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I been up on my roof for awhile,replacing it, doing the whole roof. Then the siding, thing is when you start projects like these you think alot and organize what your doing and clearly see what needs to be done. lt's not just because there is no TV going up there causing fog and smog with attendant noise polution. It's because you have removed yourself from the world of being entertained to the world of reality and being productive doing something that gives you some personal satisfaction from your own efforts. The vast majority of the people in this country have yet to rediscover this. They still need to be entertained. You can see clearly from the roof from simple purpose up there to removing all the invasive media crap in your life. I am damned glad I decided to do it myself. It has saved me a bunch of cash and a lot of wasted time. Remove yourself from any and all liberal influence in your life before it degrades you. Mow the grass, load ammo etc. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I haven't turned it ON for 25 years.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I gave up on the news a while ago, used to watch it every evening. I can honestly say I don't miss it.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I watch a little local in the morning to catch weather updates,but the national affiliates have gone of the rails.
I tell everybody turn off the news and you will be alot happier
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one.The mainstream and local news is full of panic and propaganda.I catch the weather on the local news.I do watch Lou Dobbs,Tucker,Hannity and Laura.Between those I can usually sort out some sort of truth to what's going on.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Quit watching MSM about 2 years ago...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The old, don't believe anything you hear, and only half of what you see, may fit.

I do like to know what the other side is saying at times.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
It's always been propaganda, even locally.

I don't think it was as bad back in the 50's and 60's. Seems like it gets worse as time goes on.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 57 invisible), 2,265 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,391
Posts18,488,706
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.