Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Dogs really are a good judge of character. I don’t know how they sense it but they do. Years ago I had the most mild mannered black lab, not an aggressive bone in her body I thought, never ever growled at anyone. Until the wrong person showed up, and just that one time.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Used to take Cookie to softball games when the youngest played here local.
Other parents would take their dogs also.

I would keep Cook well away from black women.
He would go all cujo barking at em 50 75 ft away.
It got to the point where I would watch games along the outfield fence.
He would see one back around the stands or concessions and start up cujo barking.
Stopped taking him to games it was literally a focal point at times during games.

Just black women....
Got him as a pup from sqd ldr in my platoon.
Unexplainable.
Maybe he was channeling asian beliefs that the devil is seen as a black woman in some places over their...
LOL!!!

Never seen him cujo bark at black men at games.
Probably cause the majority of black baby daddies are deadbeats anyways and aint their.

Dogs.......
Lol!!!

Last edited by renegade50; 07/26/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I bet negroes used hunt and eat dogs instead of domesticating them to help with hunting. Maybe that is in the first bar of doggie DNA still.

Kind of like blowing all yo rent money at De Club.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
I bet negroes used hunt and eat dogs instead of domesticating them to help with hunting. Maybe that is in the first bar of doggie DNA still. .

Common in Africa where I was, short-haired low-rent basenji-looking dogs. Used as hunting dogs, rodent control, pets and lots of strays, which is why rabies is a common cause or death in humans. A British Volunteer died from it after a stray in the marketplace licked a scratch on her leg from under a table.

There was a reason Mohammed didn’t like dogs, besides rabies dogs in the Tropics carry a number of parasitic worms humans are susceptible to, they are covered with fleas and they eat human shcidt.

Folks ate em where I was but I only saw one being strangled for consumption just once, never had it.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Dogs fugging hate Haji big time.
Especially after they get Americanized over in the middle east.
Haji is terrified of a dog that stands its ground and is ready to fugg em up.

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Put up a pic of Cleburne from today man!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Dogs really are a good judge of character. I don’t know how they sense it but they do. Years ago I had the most mild mannered black lab, not an aggressive bone in her body I thought, never ever growled at anyone. Until the wrong person showed up, and just that one time.

I was thinking that at the time.

Homie coulda been left by his companions, but they were prob’ly driving around this neighborhood in the early hours of Sunday morning looking to score on drugs and/or easy ripoffs. His right hand was fidgeting around his pocket, coulda had a knife I dunno.

Anyhoo.... Cleburne is still a work in progress, he also has it in for FedEX and UPS trucks, fast as a greyhound too. He will not only chase the truck but get right in it’s face, running sorta sideways in front in the roadway while the truck slows to a crawl crazy

Cleburne owes his life to the good nature of FedEX and UPS drivers.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by renegade50

Used up my Hotspot data until next week, can’t post pics on my phone.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by milespatton
Mike, good to hear. I like good dogs. Hate to hijack but a few days ago I saw a bunch of buzzards, in one bunch flying in huge circles. Up high and I saw none landing. Best I could count was around 60 in the bunch. They kept circling and moving away to the South until out of sight. Any ideas on what was happening?

Seems early for migration. Given how far they can see from up there, is there any regular source of offal that would draw them in? A landfill maybe? Otherwise my first guess would be a dead cow somewhere.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good dog.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by renegade50

Used up my Hotspot data until next week, can’t post pics on my phone.

Jfc dude...
Spring for a unlimited wifi plan.

Cleburne pics are worth it.

He kinda reminds me of my dog Blackjack.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Gotta love a good watchdog 😎

Right up there with a locked front door.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Dogs read vibes.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A landfill maybe? Otherwise my first guess would be a dead cow somewhere.

No landfill close. Some livestock near, but those were pretty high up. They were still high up when they went out of sight, at least a couple of miles from me. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by milespatton
A landfill maybe? Otherwise my first guess would be a dead cow somewhere.

No landfill close. Some livestock near, but those were pretty high up. They were still high up when they went out of sight, at least a couple of miles from me. miles

Turkey vulture are the ones with long tails, red heads and they hold their wings in a “V”. They are super-lightweight solitary lower altitude foragers, and they use their sense of smell to find hidden carrion, originally in forested areas.

Black Vutures have short tails, black heads and white patches on the wings when you can see ‘em. Down low they look heavy and clumsy, that’s because they are designed to cruise effortlessly on thermals at 5,000ft, where they can cruise effortlessly at around 45mph all day long.

Turkey vultures may congregate at roadkills and roosts but forage by themselves. Black vultures live in stable, long-term packs consisting of parents, siblings and offspring. Up high you may see just the one, but they can see each other up high from a long way off.

When one black vulture finds food it somehow communicates that to it’s spread-out pack as it descends so the whole pack rapidly converges on the spot. Black vultures also watch turkey vultures and the pack steals their carrion.

The really surprising thing is that back vultures who located a food source during the day will communicate that fact to the pack gathered at the roosting site at the end of the day and then lead the group to that location the following morning.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Thermals

But MP has me on ignore, so oh well sit and wonder for another 60 years

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Asking for a light, or for the time, is an old tell that they are about to rob you. They want you to take their eyes off them and/or keep your hands occupied. Be Careful.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know which this was. We have both, but more turkey vultures. The black ones cause trouble with cattle ranchers in the spring here. They get wary real quick, when the ranchers get mad at them. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Mr Slum said dogs don't like brown people, maybe in jest. But we have had two blue heeler crossbreeds...and they really don't like brown people. Nothing in either dog's history to indicate they were mistreated as pups. Normally these dogs just quietly watch everything but do nothing, but when a brown guy gets near the truck, they put their front paws up on the bed rail and their hackles stand up, and the brown guy gets the lazer stinkeye. No barking, just the stare of doom. I wonder about that and what triggers the dogs. At the lumber yard, the white kids just walk right up to the truck and put stuff in the back, dogs tails wag?

One thing I see with the Hispanic customers at the farm is that the dogs very much key on the reaction of the people. The ones that aren't worried about dogs and just get out of the truck ignoring the dogs are greeted with a sniff and and a shrug. The ones that see the dogs and become wide eyed and are scared to open the door are greeted with hackles up and barking like they just saw the devil himself appear. And it really doesn't matter if they are brown, white or yellow, although a vast majority of brown and yellows are culturally skeered to death of dogs, and as a result, get a bark fest when they show up.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
he try to sell you a charger with no bipod?

My diploma is a DD214
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (12344mag, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,373 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,137
Posts18,484,018
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.