Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by BobBrown
In the end, that doesn't matter because he was wrong to shoot at someone who was defending themselves from AK Boy.
How did he know the guy was defending himself
How did he know that he wasn't defending himself?
Sometimes we don't have answers, just opinions. There's one opinion that is going to be final, however - a jury's.

I doubt it goes to a jury

Maybe not a criminal jury. Not so sure in a civil suit. Black fiance in wheelchair is a powerful image in the media and the courtroom.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by callnum
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by tpcollins
If someone pointed a gun/rifle at me I think I’d be shooting back first before waiting to see what their intent was.

However, fleeing afterwards was not a good idea. But then if there were protesters/rioters all around, I can see why he did.

If someone is pointing a deadly weapon at you, you already KNOW their intent.

Yet the fire faithfully were ok with St Louie Biff and Buffy pointing their guns at protesters that never set foot on Biff's property.

A, You are wrong
B. totally different circumstances...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Dess
In the end, that doesn't matter because he was wrong to shoot at someone who was defending themselves from AK Boy.
Sometimes we don't have answers, just opinions. There's one opinion that is going to be final, however - a jury's.

Maybe not a criminal jury. Not so sure in a civil suit. Black fiance in wheelchair is a powerful image in the media and the courtroom.

Pointing an AK47 at someone is a good way to get shot legally

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by CashisKing
If any weapon that is brandished or fired toward me or my family (that I am actively protecting)...

I will retreat to the best of my ability.

If said threat continues to advance upon my retreat... I will respond by all means necessary to neutralize the assault of the aggressor against me and my family.

Whether said aggressor is stoned out of his gourd or not will be ascertained later.

I will take my chances with the investigating officers, the district attorney and or a jury of my peers.

I no longer travel in s******* cities. Best of luck to you that still do.
What has "retreat" got to do with this or anything else? Whoever came up with "duty to retreat" ought to be thrown in a dungeon and never let out. Throwing "retreat" into this mix only muddles things up.

If someone is brandishing... they already have drop on you because you failed to maintain situational awareness.

So you had better be faster and straighter than greased lighting.

Fight as you see fit... but remember please... you seem to have a lot of emotion and may urinate in your trousers before you can draw a weapon.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Pointing an AK47 at someone is a good way to get shot legally

Pure fact.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

in texas, you can't be sued for acting in self defence.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by stxhunter
looks like he thought the car drove into the crowd and opened fire not knowing foster had pointed the AK at the drive, both had their CCL.

In regards to the guy that shot at the car...

He should have been way the fug better informed before resorting to deadly force.

He needs his CCW removed immediately. And charges filed for reckless endangerment.

I certainly don’t know, but isn’t the Texas Dept of Public safety the custodians of CCW? State AG’s office might handle this? One would hope one or the other would see to this.

Yep. Dumbass needs his Permit suspended and revoked. And charges filed too. Agreed 100% Barry.

Yep, Bob, you are correct too. DPS is in charge of CHL / LTC Permits here in TX. I’d imagine they are in the process of revoking / Suspending his License asap.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 07/27/20.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
If any weapon that is brandished or fired toward me or my family (that I am actively protecting)...

I will retreat to the best of my ability.

If said threat continues to advance upon my retreat... I will respond by all means necessary to neutralize the assault of the aggressor against me and my family.

Whether said aggressor is stoned out of his gourd or not will be ascertained later.

I will take my chances with the investigating officers, the district attorney and or a jury of my peers.

I no longer travel in s******* cities. Best of luck to you that still do.
What has "retreat" got to do with this or anything else? Whoever came up with "duty to retreat" ought to be thrown in a dungeon and never let out. Throwing "retreat" into this mix only muddles things up.

If someone is brandishing... they already have thecdrop on you because you failed to maintain situational awareness.

So you had better be faster and straighter than greased lighting.

Fight as you see fit... but remember please... you seem to have a lot of emotion and may urinate in your trousers before you can draw a weapon.

And urine may effect the grip on your weapon in an unexpected manner.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Whats all this crap about the Foster guy never firing his gun...you can hear his first 5 shots in the video.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D

Yet the fire faithfully were ok with St Louie Biff and Buffy pointing their guns at protesters that never set foot on Biff's property.

Oh look.

Another Lyin' Dumbass shows up.

Always falls back on 8th grade debate tactics. Predicable.

You mean like calling them Biff and Buffy?

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by killerv
Whats all this crap about the Foster guy never firing his gun...you can hear his first 5 shots in the video.

Police Chief says that was AK Boy getting killed by the guy in the car after running up and pointing a rifle.

The next 3 shots were from a complete moron shooting at the car as it tried to escape the violent mob surrounding it, and beating on it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by dassa

Oh look.

Another Lyin' Dumbass shows up.

Always falls back on 8th grade debate tactics. Predicable.

Liberals love to accuse others of what they do themselves. Stupid fugks

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You can tell he really loved her because, apparently, he dated her for 10+ years and never married her.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by dassa

Beside that fact of breaking down a private gate (felony), and criminally trespassing on a common owned road the couple did in fact have ownership in, and hearing the terroristic threats from the violent mob?

He's just another lyin' sack o shat.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
For all the Texans on here:

The Texas Motorist Protection Act (HB 1815), effective as of September 1, 2007

Since 2007 you haven't been required to have a CHL to "legally" carry a loaded pistol in your vehicle.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
looks like he thought the car drove into the crowd and opened fire not knowing foster had pointed the AK at the drive, both had their CCL.

He should have been way the fug better informed before resorting to deadly force.

He needs his CCW removed immediately. And charges filed for reckless endangerment.

Yup, he was not in danger or fear for his life, or that of another.

He should be charged.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Fire regulars like rockingbar always fall back to simple name calling when getting their azz kicked.

If one of the ST Louie protesters had been carrying Biff and Buffy would have been in trouble. Same as Austin.

Last edited by callnum; 07/27/20.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
You can tell he really loved her because, apparently, he dated her for 10+ years and never married her.

At least he didn't have to worry about her going somewhere else when he left her somewhere... laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Leave her on the front porch and call her "Matt". laugh

Those damn gender-bending names these days.

Last edited by Tyrone; 07/27/20.

Politics is War by Other Means
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by ingwe

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS

As far as I know, at least here in MT. pointing a weapon at someone is considered assault with a deadly weapon.

THAT can be met with lethal force.

A fleeing suspect, unless he(she) is obviously an immediate and deadly threat to society at large should not be taken under fire

At that point the use of force has de-escalated and if you shoot....you have re-escalated it....putting bystanders in harms way and making you wrong.

Sound about right?

Yes.

Sounds exactly right.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (222Sako, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 48 invisible), 2,378 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,294
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.