Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've had 4. They are getting better with the prep.

My 1st was a nightmare. They needed to get mine done by the end of a month for insurance purposes. If not I'd have had to pay a big deductible. They told me to be there at 7 AM and they would work me in on the last day of that month. They gave me something around 9 to relax me, didn't go back until almost noon. Whatever they gave me had worn off by then and I was fully awake during the procedure.

I didn't need to sleep it off and by the time I got done was starving. I got dressed and drove home stopping to eat on the way. The next two times I was out and not coherent for hours after. But they used Propofol the last time. You're out in seconds after getting the drug and fully awake and well rested when you come off just a few minutes after the procedure.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wabigoon
No point in moving off the toilet!

Your posting from the toilet........Ewwwwwww!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by wabigoon
No point in moving off the toilet!

Your posting from the toilet........Ewwwwwww!

Do you know how tough it is to get a desktop in there?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm in a high risk group for butt cancer. I have one every year. The prep sucks. There MUST be a better way. Maybe swallow a pill, chase it with 1/2 gallon of water, roll aroud in the yard to mix it all up. Why wouldn't that work. Heck, I just as soon just not eat for 3-days.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
I fondly remember my first one. My wife and I were discussing the timing of the “ procedure”.

My son (about 10 at the time) persisted In knowing what procedure.

I finally gave in and told him, “Bill, I’m going to have a complete stranger put a camera up my butt and have a look around”.

He laughed for 15 minutes; so there is that!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WayneShaw
I found the last prep to be a lot easier than 10 years ago. Just get it done.

.............That was my experience as well a couple years ago versus the one before that. The colonoscopy seemed easier and there was none of that after pain. I was told they inflate your innards with something else now but I forgot what it was; ( Nitrogen maybe ?)

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Might as well get an endoscopy also while you are prepped and in the room where they do both. That way you will be good for another 10 years.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by huntstat
Might as well get an endoscopy also while you are prepped and in the room where they do both. That way you will be good for another 10 years.

Make sure they clean the scope first. 😁

The cow is where you are, the bull is where you want to be.

No one gets something for nothing unless someone else got nothing for something.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
I fondly remember my first one. My wife and I were discussing the timing of the “ procedure”.

I finally gave in and told him, “Bill, I’m going to have a complete stranger put a camera up my butt and have a look around”.

I like that boy, LMAO!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Mathsr
The prep isn't nearly as bad now as it used to be. You got to prep for the prep!

Eggzackly right. The prep isn’t near as bad as before.....FIDO.

Forget it and Drive On

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Wonder if they could use a bore scope?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So actually, I had a colonoscopy scheduled for last Wednesday. Had my Suprep Kit for about two weeks before. I too, have had several of these things, history of colon cancer in the family and all. So Tuesday afternoon, promptly at 4, I drink the "poop elixir" down, followed by two large, cold glasses of water. My gut feels like a football for a while, then the first rumbling. I think I may have "assended" to the throne about 4:30 or so, maybe a little later.

One time I know for certain: 4:42pm, because that's when the scheduling lady called me from the GIs office, and told me that the lab they contract with should have contacted me a week ago for a Covid 19 test, so now they are going to have to reschedule. I gave the phone to the wife, telling the lady to talk to her, as I was not fit to talk to her at the moment. As I was unencumbering myself, I heard her mention to the wife (in the next room, but on speaker) "please don't shoot the messenger, I've had to contact three days worth of patients to reschedule because of this lab" I heard that and blew the hell up (figuratively and literally). Did it occur to her to call the ones that would be starting their prep oh, like 45 minutes ago, maybe to call them FIRST?!?!
She was in tears on the phone with the wife, and I probably shouldn't have, but I yelled "go ahead and cry, I'm crying out my ass right now, thanks a bunch!"
I have an appointment with another GIs PA tomorrow for a consult.

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Think....baby wipes 😮

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We have 100,000 colon cancer deaths per year. There would be a lot more without colonoscopies.
We have 170,000 Covid-19 deaths this year. There would probably be the same number without school lock downs.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
The perp they gave was not better, just cost more. It did really move things though. Preperation H, I, J, K helps. I had polyps so get to go back every 3 years.
The later asteroidectomy wasnt as bad as stated--it hurts like hell, but it is going to be over

Wyo. I like your prose. reminded me a bit of Pat McManus

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Been there three times and I’m due for another in six months. Not fun but better than colon cancer.

NRA Patron
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I’m due also, can’t wait!!

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I had my first a couple of years ago and actually felt great after the cleansing. My nurse struggled with getting the juice feed in me, the most painful thing during and after. In a blink of an eye I was awake, up and ready to go. They removed a few and wanted me back in five years.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by ironbender

I like that boy, LMAO!

I’m kinda fond of him too.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

697 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 3,251 guests, and 1,413 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,481
Posts18,471,797
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.