Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Not me, or my wife, or the dogs.

Our County, last one in Cali to have zero cases can no longer state that.

2 confirmed the other day. Was interesting in that after the mention in the press release that the two were from the same household and at home "recovering", there was a paragraph space, then this or something close:

If you have been in a bar in the last 14 days, please get tested.

Wife and I found it interesting. Wondered did the two positives work at a bar? Own a bar? Frequent a bar?

Asked a friend tonight who called on the day of the announcement (his wife works for county health dept) about it. Seems there is a tie in with a bar near here.

Gotta wonder how many others were exposed and might get sick. No doubt, there's going to be some "comorbidity" crap going around the bar drinking crowd.

Wonder if our Sheriff will start enforcing mask rules now.........I sorta doubt it, until it gets bad here that is.

I hope it doesn't get bad here, as our health care system sorta sucks, and would not cope well with a big Corona hit.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Geno, you're in Modoc Co aren't ya?

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
How bout...”if you have been shoulder-to-shoulder looting, chanting, ranting and raving and throwing rocks at police, please get tested”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
How bout...”if you have been shoulder-to-shoulder looting, chanting, ranting and raving and throwing rocks at police, please get tested”

Daughter is a Lab Tech at one of the largest testing labs in NorCal.

She said its forbidden for contact tracers to ask if an infected person or someone thar came into contact with an infected person if they participated in any demonstrations and or protests.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Seafire

Yep.

We don't allow that crap here..........................so far. The one scheduled protest at the park had NO takers. One guy there at the appointed time got up off the park bench and left. Probably had to go get his evening fix.

Originally Posted by FatCity67

Daughter is a Lab Tech at one of the largest testing labs in NorCal.

She said its forbidden for contact tracers to ask if an infected person or someone thar came into contact with an infected person if they participated in any demonstrations and or protests.

no scheidt? Governor Gavin's orders? But they no doubt can ask if you went to the RMEF dinner. Fuggers.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Be interesting to get a copy of the questionnaire and contact form.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Be interesting to get a copy of the questionnaire and contact form.

Yes it would, and even more so to ask, on the record, from someone in charge, why that is? Be interesting to hear the response.

In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My wife is a contact tracer for now, her job recruited her into one of these dreadful jobs

She is required to ask “where do you think you contracted this from? And who all have you been around since symptoms (if any) started.

People say they are no quarantining, and don’t supply any info and some just hang up after they get their positive result notification phone call from her.

You can tell the ones that have jobs, they cooperate mostly voluntarily, most blame a co-worker and want a ‘doctor note excuse’ for the quarantine period.

Usually the 7-10 days it takes to get the results back, eats up the time they could have gotten a note for because she tells them to quarantine 14 days from the date of the test or 10 days after the last symptoms.

In some (a lot) cases, where employeees do not get paid sick leave, its a time-off go play hooky excuse.

Nobody quarantines, that’s a joke, and most people have mild symptoms that are not even debilitating.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
She’d had a bunch of people (20-30s) that just get 3-4 days worth of sniffles and a 1 good day migraine, not even a fever.

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
She’d had a bunch of people (20-30s) that just get 3-4 days worth of sniffles and a 1 good day migraine, not even a fever.

Should I ever get it , I hope it's no worse than the crud I had in Jan.

Two days in bed with the fever and body aches, then a couple of weeks of dry non-productive cough. Got a z-pac from the doc after the chest x-ray showed nothing major, but just to be sure I didn't get the pee new monia.

Still fighting with something in my chest, that's why provider wants me to get the stress test and see cardio doc.

Probably should just drink some lemon tea with honey in it.

Maybe look up some ol' TN gal here for to have her make me up a mustard plaster.

In it is contentment

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Horse manure poultice. That malady get up and gallop away

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Horse manure poultice. That malady get up and gallop away

Green, right out the azzhole or is dried up stuff from the barn OK?

In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I got a z-pack last week from urgent but im hoarding it.

I was +pos for group A strep. WTF in summer? I aint been nowhere.

I got some amox from my regular PCP, im good now

You persistant cough be due to blood pressure meds. Meds like Lisonipril will do that

Then again you playing around all in that chicken crap. Better go make sure you aint got that histoplasmosis spores.

lol

Spooky, karma from Stalag Coop 19

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

You persistant cough be due to blood pressure meds. Meds like Lisonipril will do that

Then again you playing around all in that chicken crap. Better go make sure you aint got that histoplasmosis spores.

lol

Nope, no BP meds.

But I've thought about the Gulag. Not only the histoplasmosis, but the coccidiosis and a few other things.

But just like in the store..........no mask for me!

In it is contentment

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Not me, or my wife, or the dogs.

Our County, last one in Cali to have zero cases can no longer state that.

2 confirmed the other day. Was interesting in that after the mention in the press release that the two were from the same household and at home "recovering", there was a paragraph space, then this or something close:

If you have been in a bar in the last 14 days, please get tested.

Wife and I found it interesting. Wondered did the two positives work at a bar? Own a bar? Frequent a bar?

Asked a friend tonight who called on the day of the announcement (his wife works for county health dept) about it. Seems there is a tie in with a bar near here.

Gotta wonder how many others were exposed and might get sick. No doubt, there's going to be some "comorbidity" crap going around the bar drinking crowd.

Wonder if our Sheriff will start enforcing mask rules now.........I sorta doubt it, until it gets bad here that is.

I hope it doesn't get bad here, as our health care system sorta sucks, and would not cope well with a big Corona hit.

The Election is just a few months away, got to ramp this up.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

lol

Geno doesn’t want Histo.
I got it working in a wood products mill.
Thought I had the long crud, till I coughed myself past the “shooting stars” part of passing out.
Unfortunately I was driving home on I-75.
Rumble strips saved me. I couldn’t see, so I kept on the rumble strip till I came to a stop.

It’s left me with 93% lung function, but my chest x-rays look like heavily peppered steak.
It brought on my asthma which is another plus. 🙄

Nope Geno don’t want no Histoplasmosis.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm still yet to know anyone personally that I come in contact with that has had it.

out of an office at work of 800 people that I've been to once time since March, there have been 2 cases reported

Not sure if I am an outlier or not.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
This over compliance of "patient's rights" by county health officials is downright dangerous. Nobody wants or needs to know the names or addresses of infected people. But there needs to be enough information that the public can make sensible precautions and choices. The public has the right to know the possible sites of intersection. If it's a small business that's just too bad. In the neighboring county to Modoc, Siskiyou, the same land mass as the state of Hawaii, the officials won't even confirm what community where an outbreak occurs. Criminal.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by flintlocke
This over compliance of "patient's rights" by county health officials is downright dangerous. Nobody wants or needs to know the names or addresses of infected people. But there needs to be enough information that the public can make sensible precautions and choices. The public has the right to know the possible sites of intersection. If it's a small business that's just too bad. In the neighboring county to Modoc, Siskiyou, the same land mass as the state of Hawaii, the officials won't even confirm what community where an outbreak occurs. Criminal.

Yeah, without giving out names or going old school with yellow quarantine posters on the doors of the houses/establishments, I can certainly agree with your points.

There's some folks I know going camping this weekend outside one of the small towns in our county. I can see where if there was a case or two associated with the little store there, folks might want to prepare a little better so they don't have to stop for a soda or some such. Even though there's folks like us that stop just to spend some money in the outlying communities, just because. Might hurt the locals a bit to lose some business, but it might nip an outbreak in the bud too.

In it is contentment

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Seafire

Well damn! we should have long ago took up a big collection and sent Geno to kick job rordan in the taint!

Trump Won!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

668 members (1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 78 invisible), 2,965 guests, and 1,386 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,479
Posts18,471,748
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.