Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Geno, we have a fair herd of Turkey Vultures hanging around here, off of what use to be a golf course...

that is why I put them out in the open.. if the Vultures don't take them,

the coyotes are taking them at night....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Funny year here, must be the drought or something.

Vultures usually pass through in the spring heading for the mountains and further north. The we see them again on the southern migration. I experiences the same thing in the wheat lands of E. WA. Usually didn't hang around.

For some reason, this year they've stuck around. More critters dying from lack of open water? More getting killed on the roads searching for water? Had one circling near our place the other day even. I was even showered up as I recall. grin

Because of the chickens and our dogs when I kill something, like a rat or squirrel I try to get it away from the place so they don't get accustomed to handouts. Mice go on the tire surrounding the well head though, the magpies and jays usually get them that day.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I just sold our former house on 4 acres. While getting it ready for market I shot 62 of the .... Richardson ground squirrels. I used a 22 mag that was spot on.
New people should have fun with trying to defend the yard.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Dont know if they were ground squirrels or some other form of western ground rat thing.
FT Hunter Liggett was over run with the frigging things on the catonment area in 1993.
The eco nazi,s were live trapping em and relocating em out in the back 40.
For everyone they got their were probably 15 others running around..
All the lawns around the barracks , chow hall, shoppette, housing
Looked like the fugging moon..
Gawd forbid if they killed the little fugga,s...

Company was out their doing JTF6 and Civilian LE agency observation ops in 4 man teams on Marijuna growing ops in Los Padres NF off Rt 1.

Anyways the PL says SSG E go to S4 draw a case of 1640 855.
And take your team to the range feild fire area and use it however..

Field fire area had iron mikes in some of the big draws .
Set up along a long ridge bout a mile long with spurs running off it in areas, some of the draws are 300 400 m in lenght leading into the main ridge.
Drop off Cpl Slyvis, lohr, and dombroski in one draw.
I snag up a 180 bandoleer.
Tell em have fun , shoot up the rounds
Police up the brass and dunnage.
Im going up 2 or 3 draws and whack some rats.
We all had A2,s

I probably got 20 or 25 of them little fuggs.
855 just blow em right up.
Sometimes they would do the peeker coast clear look over their berm hole schitt.
Wrong answer ground rat..
855 punch right the thru dirt on em.
Funny as hell shooting at em when they got caught in the open between holes.
Dump rounds on em trying to dodge rounds and schitt
Delibrately cut em off and make em change directions with impacts in front of em at times.
Dumb little fuggs get flustered sometimes and just stand still doing that meercat stand up sttaight routine wondering wtf is going on.
Boom.....
Lol!!
Fugg em up.
Blow em up or just let em do the curly shuffle.
Yotes gotta eat out their too.
So much for the eco nazi relocation program back on the base area.

LOL!!!

Last edited by renegade50; 07/31/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm thinking about a new method .

I think that I'll put out a box of Little Debbie snack cakes. When they go for the.bait, let em be.
By the time they get through the box, their arteries will be so clogged, they'll give themselves a heart attack.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Renegade,

That's the best bill Murray impersonation I've heard.
,😄

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U0Hx5ka1FiA

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
I'm thinking about a new method .

I think that I'll put out a box of Little Debbie snack cakes. When they go for the.bait, let em be.
By the time they get through the box, their arteries will be so clogged, they'll give themselves a heart attack.

Best thing about Little Debbie.

She says "Eat my pie".

I like gals like that.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by renegade50
Dont know if they were ground squirrels or some other form of western ground rat thing.
FT Hunter Liggett was over run with the frigging things on the catonment area in 1993.
The eco nazi,s were live trapping em and relocating em out in the back 40.
For everyone they got their were probably 15 others running around..
All the lawns around the barracks , chow hall, shoppette, housing
Looked like the fugging moon..
Gawd forbid if they killed the little fugga,s...

Company was out their doing JTF6 and Civilian LE agency observation ops in 4 man teams on Marijuna growing ops in Los Padres NF off Rt 1.

Anyways the PL says SSG E go to S4 draw a case of 1640 855.
And take your team to the range feild fire area and use it however..

Field fire area had iron mikes in some of the big draws .
Set up along a long ridge bout a mile long with spurs running off it in areas, some of the draws are 300 400 m in lenght leading into the main ridge.
Drop off Cpl Slyvis, lohr, and dombroski in one draw.
I snag up a 180 bandoleer.
Tell em have fun , shoot up the rounds
Police up the brass and dunnage.
Im going up 2 or 3 draws and whack some rats.
We all had A2,s

I probably got 20 or 25 of them little fuggs.
855 just blow em right up.
Sometimes they would do the peeker coast clear look over their berm hole schitt.
Wrong answer ground rat..
855 punch right the thru dirt on em.
Funny as hell shooting at em when they got caught in the open between holes.
Dump rounds on em trying to dodge rounds and schitt
Delibrately cut em off and make em change directions with impacts in front of em at times.
Dumb little fuggs get flustered sometimes and just stand still doing that meercat stand up sttaight routine wondering wtf is going on.
Boom.....
Lol!!
Fugg em up.
Blow em up or just let em do the curly shuffle.
Yotes gotta eat out their too.
So much for the eco nazi relocation program back on the base area.

LOL!!!

WTF?

Speak English sometimes please, not Army!

WTF are 855s, the green tips? AP? certainly not tracers in that country.

Odds are you were dealing with California ground squirrels, known in some places as Grey Diggers. Fuggers can be serious serious pests.

In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Have we come full circle back to the 17 HMR yet? The little 17 HM2 is probably even better, but I don't own one so its all HMR here.

LOL
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
When they are really out over on the east side of the Cascades over in Klamath... I've had afternoons, that eastern guys would not even believe.. with a 10/22 I've wasted well over a 1000 in several hours....

you either leave because you ran out of ammo, or you have a big headache from scope squint...

but volume isn't the fun part... its blowing the little suckers up with a 223...

and Rennie...military ball ammo, ain't no where near as fun, as say a VMax... and you don't aiim to him the squirrel for the best results... you bounce the bullet fight in front of them, when they stop and stand on their back legs to look around...the riccochet hits them like an RPG... can blow them 8 feet in the air, and they come apart like you just shot a balloon....

shot one a few weeks ago, in the back yard with a 17 HMR, around the perimeter of my wife's swimming pool...
it was in front of her privacy fence...bounce the 17 right in front of it, on concrete.. there were rat guts on my wife's fence, up to belt buckle height rat body parts in a 5 feet radius....swept those up in a shovel with a broom, and used the water hose and rinsed the guts off the fence...the birds ate those real quick...

killin em is the best part of their existence.. or use...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
have the decency to put out a little vinegar and oil for them

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by visalia6mm
How do you keep these azzholoes outta the garden..

Consider the little rascals as a God send! Live trap them, release where you see Democrat campaign signs in yards. Works for me. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Try putting Wrigley's chewing gum down their holes. Supposedly that works for chipmunks. The chipmunks love it but can't digest it. Bye bye chipmunks. I tried it once and the gum disappeared. So did the chipmunks.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
It's been a busy few days but I look forward to a peanut butter baited trap and my Marlin 60 to dispatch. Send pics when I get them

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 163bc, 007FJ, 1234, 1_deuce, 53 invisible), 1,770 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,107
Posts18,522,570
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.