Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Lane Suppressors... are fantastic.

Great company... great people... very cost effective.

Google to find their website. They have some very cool videos on their website as well.

Cory Lane build me a custom 375 suppressor. It is a titanium sleeve with stainless steel core. I have run it on weapons up to 375 rum without drama. When I run it on my 9-3 x62 Mauser I am still able to maintain half inch groups at a hundred yards. I purchased mine through an FFL friend at dealer cost. I recall it was under $500.

I also run the 30 caliber Lane Magnum scorpion. The suppressor works on both .308 and .338.

We were running some hot loads of 300 Weatherby one day. Without the suppressor The Recoil and Noise was as you would expect. After screwing on the lane Magnum suppressor The Recoil dropped to that of a 308 as well as the sound. It was simply mind-boggling to me.

I also own Thunder Beast suppressors. They are very good units but they are not serviceable by the owner. They are also about twice as expensive as Lane.

Back when I was getting my Lane cans, Corey would generate a serial number and get it back to my FFL. In less than a week. Sometimes as short is a day. This made the turnaround time on getting my tax stamp super fast.

Last edited by CashisKing; 07/31/20. Reason: Typo

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 257Bob
Looking for a suppressor for my Christensen Arms MPR in 6mm Creedmoor. Thanks!

You will find it very difficult to achieve satisfactory noise reduction on a 243 caliber gun.

My best guess would be 22 long rifle to 22 Magnum unsuppressed.

Of course it is completely possible to load a very quiet 6 mm round. Even whisper quiet. The problem is it's not going to be worth much after a hundred yards or so

With that said, I shoot 300 grain 45 Colt rounds super quiet through a lever gun with a suppressor. 300 grain under a hundred yards is very powerful. But after 100 yards I am shooting rainbow arcs

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Boise
Originally Posted by CaptArab

Has anybody ever actually used one of these?
They seem kinda like a POS.

Legal to own until the moment you screw it on our barrel, with out a tax stamp it is then a federal offence.

I have several suppressors and like my Lane Scorpion 223 best and the Lane Rimfire second best. They come apart easily for cleaning and they are great folks to deal with unlike Silencer Co and Gemtech who have never returned my call or emails. Lane Silencers www.lane-products.com

I too own 4 Lane suppressors and they are awesome, however my most recent one I've bought was a Rebel, they are veteran owned. The 223 suppressor I bought was $250 cheaper than the price of the Lane, weighs less although the overall profile is a little bigger. The Lanes I have are all titanium, the rebel is stainless and aluminum. My wife claimed it for her 6x45 for deer hunting this fall already. I love Lane, but this one is worth looking into as well. Nothing tops the Lane scorpion magnum and the rimfire titanium suppressors. But for a straight 223, it'd be hard for me to pass on the Rebel.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CashisKing

You will find it very difficult to achieve satisfactory noise reduction on a 243 caliber gun.

Of course it is completely possible to load a very quiet 6 mm round. Even whisper quiet. The problem is it's not going to be worth much after a hundred yards or so

With that said, I shoot 300 grain 45 Colt rounds super quiet through a lever gun with a suppressor. 300 grain under a hundred yards is very powerful. But after 100 yards I am shooting rainbow arcs

Actually they suppress them very nicely. Last fall I used a Lane titanium 556 on a 243 and it worked great, huge noise reduction even though I was shooting supersonic. I'm a fan

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Colorado1135

Actually they suppress them very nicely. Last fall I used a Lane titanium 556 on a 243 and it worked great, huge noise reduction even though I was shooting supersonic. I'm a fan

Is the Lane titanium 556 a 5.56 (.224") can? If so, how did it work shooting a .243" bullet thru it. I use a .30 caliber can on .223 thru .30 caliber, but never the other way around.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Cool... I respect that.

I have super quiet 308 loads... then I move up to 45 Colt, 45 70, 458 Winchester magnum short.

I run bullet weights from 250 grain in .452 up to 730 grain in .458. I like gigantic thumps. I reckon I'm kind of a sick bastard.

I respect that you did the work to get small-bore bullets to fly well quietly.

I also respect 6x45... great fun stuff... I cook 55s at 3,500 in mine.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ChuckKY

Is the Lane titanium 556 a 5.56 (.224") can? If so, how did it work shooting a .243" bullet thru it. I use a .30 caliber can on .223 thru .30 caliber, but never the other way around.

I would call Cory on the phone.

I own 3 Lane.

30 Magnum Scorpion
375 regular (custom bore)
458 regular.

If I was going to own one can only... I would see if Cory would make me a 458 Magnum Scorpion. You would lose some benefit on small bore, but it would handle anything.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Man that's screaming!
The 6x45 is very underrated, probably because it doesn't have a sexy name.

I just built a 335-06 I'm gonna throw on my scorpion magnum from Lane.

+1 on Corey being an awesome guy, got to tour his shop and shoot the schit with him one day. Even got to try some stuff out. Real down to earth

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ChuckKY

I would call Cory on the phone.

I own 3 Lane.

30 Magnum Scorpion
375 regular (custom bore)
458 regular.

If I was going to own one can only... I would see if Cory would make me a 458 Magnum Scorpion. You would lose some benefit on small bore, but it would handle anything.

Oops... you were asking CO1135.

Sorry about that, I'm on my phone.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Cash and 1135 thanks for the testimonials on the Lane. I been thinking of a can , instead of calling him I think I'll just walk over and see them I live within a mile of their shop or does a guy have to go thru a middle man? MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You should be able to buy right from Corey there. My first ones were the scorpion magnum and the rimfire. Only wish I would have done a 556 at the time too. Get the all titanium, you won't regret it. I also have the short .30 cal for the 308. Their rimfire can they tested with an AR 15 and it survived but they don't recommend it. It is rated for up to a 22 hornet though..... I think I need one of those again

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I love titanium, but be careful of extreme rate of fire... Titanium will fail under extreme heat. We blew up a Thunderbeast this way.

Enjoy... and tell Cory hello from his guys in Virginia

Last edited by CashisKing; 07/31/20. Reason: Typos.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I got the YHM Resonator. Love it.

Best bang for the buck no pun intended smile

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Get that one.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have a Banish 30 in jail now. It is right up there with the best of them.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
A little off subject here, but I've got a Yankee Hill Centerfire .30 caliber suppressor and it does a good job. The baffles are welded in it and it can be a pain to clean, even with a ultrasonic cleaner. I know they say you don't have to clean them, they are self cleaning, but I will leave it screwed on the barrel and shoot the barrel and can full of Foam Out Bore cleaner overnight, and than drop the can in ultrasonic cleaner and it does a good job cleaning centerfire suppressor. My rimfire suppressor baffles all come apart and it is no problem.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What's the shortest barrel you guys would suggest for a suppressed AR10 that would be a tactical to about 200 yard rifle? Working on a lighter weight build that I could carry around comfortably for shorter periods of time, that would have more killing power than an AR15, but also be decent to around 200 yards in, let's say, an urban sniping scenario. I don't have any reason for wanting such a weapon these days. Just a hypothetical question of course 🤔

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
Tag

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
What's the shortest barrel you guys would suggest for a suppressed AR10 that would be a tactical to about 200 yard rifle? Working on a lighter weight build that I could carry around comfortably for shorter periods of time, that would have more killing power than an AR15, but also be decent to around 200 yards in, let's say, an urban sniping scenario. I don't have any reason for wanting such a weapon these days. Just a hypothetical question of course 🤔

200 yards and in I don't see a benefit in anything on an AR10 platform. But what you are talking about sounds like a 300 blackout SBR can handle.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I run 3 tubes, 2 are Lane. I won't mention the 3rd (*cough* yhm *Cough*), because it will eventually be a Lane.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 1234, 16gage, 50 invisible), 2,439 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,405
Posts18,470,186
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.