Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Higginez
They deserved each other same as Trayvon and Zimmerman. Good to know Paul Barnard could have talked him down. Geez
I am not guaranteeing I could have. I am telling you that I would have put more effort into it. It's one of the things I was fortunate to be good at. I rarely dealt with hardened criminal types though.

Mr. Paul: Are you a LEO, or counselor of some type?

Retired Coast Guard LE.

How many felony arrests in your career where you personally handcuffed combative multi convicted felon resisting arrest?

How many times have you testified in court? And how many prisoners have you booked into jail and transported to court?

Have ever written and executed a high risk search warrant in a diverse neighborhood?

Does the CG employ many violent felons in their ranks?

curious because you seem to be a bit disconnected from reality

Last edited by ribka; 08/04/20.
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

He's a piece of schidt for showing absolutely NO concern and taking no action when his partner told him Floyd had no pulse. A steaming pile of schidt.

Geeze.

Calm down.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I think the cop was settling an old grudge from the bouncer gig.
"one of these days when I'm in uniform and you're on the street stoned......"

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by poboy
I think the cop was settling an old grudge from the bouncer gig.
"one of these days when I'm in uniform and you're on the street stoned......"

I love this one.

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Retired Coast Guard LE. I have always acknowledged that CG LE is markedly different from being a street cop. Street cops have a much tougher job.

Either way, whoever administered your 4th Amendment Training did a very poor job.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Glad you like it!!!

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Retired Coast Guard LE. I have always acknowledged that CG LE is markedly different from being a street cop. Street cops have a much tougher job.

Either way, whoever administered your 4th Amendment Training did a very poor job.

You want to stay cryptic or have a conversation? Give specific examples of my misunderstanding of the 4th.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

You want to stay cryptic or have a conversation? Give specific examples of my misunderstanding of the 4th.

I've explained it to you at least twice on this website.

I'm not doing it again.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by readonly
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Originally Posted by readonly
Two observations:

1.starting the conversation with a gun in the face did not end well. Seemed to be the point of escalation.
2. what was the underlying detention for? The counterfeit $20? Is that a misdemeanor in MN? If so, is it even an arrestable offense if it did not occur in the presence of the officers? In most states it would be a misdemeanor and not arrestable, rather, go get warrants and then arrest.

Which brings us back to the initial encounter and the gun in the face.

Passing a fake $20 bill is a felony and you can add defrauding a storekeeper.

In MN, up to $1000, it appears to be a misdemeanor.

It’s a federal crime.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ribka
It showed a mildly resistive subject, an officers who could have put a better effort into deescalating and calming the subject.

Ever try and reason with a multi convicted violent felon high on large doses of meth and fentanyl?

Answer:

No. He fugkin hasn't.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt
It showed a mildly resistive subject, an officers who could have put a better effort into deescalating and calming the subject.

Ever try and reason with a multi convicted violent felon high on large doses of meth and fentanyl?

Answer:

No. He fugkin hasn't.

Which doesn't keep him from running his yapper about something he has no experience with.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Be careful. Another bicycle rider was unceremoniously thrown overboard last week. After 18 years and almost 30,000 posts. It was heartrending to watch.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Hastings
Be careful. Another bicycle rider was unceremoniously thrown overboard last week. After 18 years and almost 30,000 posts. It was heartrending to watch.

Should have been keelhauled.

Nevertheless, Aqualung survived.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

I've explained it to you at least twice on this website.

I'm not doing it again.

Can you somehow tie your remark about the 4th amendment into my comment about Chauvin's disgusting lack of humanity?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MOGC

Answer:

No. He fugkin hasn't.

Which doesn't keep him from running his yapper about something he has no experience with.

I do have experience verbally calming aggressive and non-aggressive/mildly resistive subjects such as Floyd. I can't be sure if they were on meth and fentanyl or not, but I doubt it. One thing is for damn sure, if I were Chauvin the video would show me putting more effort into deescalating. There was nothing at all to lose in trying, especially once Floyd was cuffed. If you think there was, tap into your LE training and tell me what it was. The video would also show me responding with concern when my partner told me the life had apparently passed from the person on whom I was kneeling. But hey, nothing bad can ever come out of actions like Chauvin's right?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
For decades I said that I would defend with my life and the lives of all my family under my dominion... your 1st Amendment right to call me a honky or groid.

Didn't really matter why... but I saw the Constitution as perfect and the United States as flawless in her effort to better all human beings... defense of that ideal seemed the least I could contribute.

My family and I were just citizens (a mere few people of millions) ment only to hold America strong with all of our fellow "mere citizens".

I am not a jaded sort... but the older I get the more I realize how few people understand the Constitution .. have read it... or even know there is such a document.

The Constitution has become so maligned with bad laws... it is at best... a tools to fight with now... and no longer a guiding principle document of a unified people.

A good 50%+ of my fellow citizens would see it dissolved for the Antifa manifesto du jour... or whatever "feels happy" in the moment.

So, the Constitution is no longer as crystal clear for me as I once saw it...

...as well as very large percentages of my fellow citizens would slit my throat in 3 seconds to better Gentle George's chances at scoring more dope or passing a bucket of funny money.

Holding ideals perfect is magnificent... but in the world where it is one man... against 1 million rats sooner or later every Knight's sterling armor become tarnished.

And this is how the rope unravels...

Last edited by CashisKing; 08/04/20.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by CashisKing
For decades I said that I would defend with my life and the lives of all my family under my dominion... your 1st Amendment right to call me a honky or groid.

Didn't really matter why... but I saw the Constitution as perfect and the United States as flawless in her effort to better all human beings...

My family and I were just citizens (a mere few people of millions) ment only to hold America strong with all of our fellow "mere citizens".

I am not a jaded sort... but the older I get the more I realize how few people understand the Constitution .. have read it... or even know there is such a document.

The Constitution has become so maligned with bad laws... it is at best... a tools to fight with now... and no longer a guiding principle document of a unified people.

A good 50%+ of my fellow citizens would see it dissolved for the Antifa manifesto du jour... or whatever "feels happy" in the moment.

So, the Constitution is no longer as crystal clear for me as I once saw it...

...as well as very large percentages of my fellow citizens would slit my throat in 3 seconds to better Gentle George's chances at scoring more dope or passing a bucket of funny money.

Holding ideals perfect is magnificent... but in the world where it is one man... against 1 million rats sooner or later every Knight's sterling armor become tarnished.

And this is how the rope unravels...

Fugh it... ideals are stupid.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Answer:

No. He fugkin hasn't.

I do have experience verbally calming aggressive and non-aggressive/mildly resistive subjects such as Floyd. I can't be sure if they were on meth and fentanyl or not, but I doubt it. One thing is for damn sure, if I were Chauvin the video would show me putting more effort into deescalating. There was nothing at all to lose in trying, especially once Floyd was cuffed. If you think there was, tap into your LE training and tell me what it was. The video would also show me responding with concern when my partner told me the life had apparently passed from the person on whom I was kneeling. But hey, nothing bad can ever come out of actions like Chauvin's right?

Yeah, You Keep on drinkin that "We're all in this together" kool-aid.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Answer:

No. He fugkin hasn't.

There's always snark when you don't have a substantive response!

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

Answer:

No. He fugkin hasn't.

There's always snark when you don't have a substantive response!

Your stated training and experience does not equate to the reality of a street cop working in the ghetto. You are entitled to an opinion, even if it is not informed by reality. Staying in your own lane is never a bad idea.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

267 members (1minute, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 2ndwind, 309coug, 32 invisible), 2,468 guests, and 1,022 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,758
Posts18,514,895
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.