Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Originally Posted by Taco2fiddy7
Other whales, sharks (including great whites), rays, seals, sea lions, otters, porpoises, dolphins, fish... depending on the pod, where they're at, what's available, transient vs resident pod. They kill pretty much everything except people.

According to the guide on a whale watching tour out of Victoria, there are two species of Orca. One feeds on salmon, the other feeds on seals...and anything else it can get hold of.

Those are transient pods and resident pods. Residents only eat fish for whatever reason.

That woman has never been safer in the ocean. No shark will ever approach with orcas around. Even great whites leave the area when orcas show up.

Giving a ray a slap to stun it.

Seals can fly

Talk about teamwork (1:15 in)

Tiger sharks are known for their aggression, but aren't chit in comparison

GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Good info. Thanks.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I saw a pod hunting in heavy surf and big rocks off 50 cal beach on Shemya. Impressive to say the least.

There is no retreat but in submission and slavery!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Orca’s can kill and eat white sharks too. Like an hors d'oeuvre. There’s a good book called ‘The Devil's Teeth’, by Susan Casey. It’s about the big white sharks...the alphas among alphas, some over 20 feet long...off the Farallon Islands 27 miles west of San Francisco. It also describes encounters between orca’s and great white’s.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I remember a video or series of stills of a pod of orcas killing a blue whale. Seems like I remember them tearing off strips of the blue's flesh.

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
For roughly a century there was a relationship between a pod of orcas and the Davidson family at Eden in southern NSW, on the east coast of Australia, for cooperation in the hunting of humpback and other baleen whales. The baleen whales would migrate along the coast each year, and when they were off Eden the orca would go and rouse the family by slapping their tails near the family cottage. They'd lead the whalers in their rowboats out to the prey, and in return the whalers would leave the killed whale out for them to let them eat the tongue, before dragging it ashore for flensing and trying.

This relationship gradually petered out by about 1930, probably as a result of some of the orcas being killed by others, and losing their trust of man, and also a thinning of the numbers of humpback and other baleen wales along the coast due to over-hunting. There's a museum in Eden with a lot of information and memorabilia from this period - whale boats, harpoons, photos etc, and the skeleton of the last of the orcas to participate.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Other whales, sharks (including great whites), rays, seals, sea lions, otters, porpoises, dolphins, fish... depending on the pod, where they're at, what's available, transient vs resident pod. They kill pretty much everything except people.

According to the guide on a whale watching tour out of Victoria, there are two species of Orca. One feeds on salmon, the other feeds on seals...and anything else it can get hold of.

Those are transient pods and resident pods. Residents only eat fish for whatever reason.

That is not according to the bios I have spoken to at great length about it. They do move differently as pods but neither one is transient or resident all the time. They each find their course and stick to them in the AK study areas.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If a guy has lived on or near the Puget Sound and been out the Strait and up past Vancouver Island - fished/boated/observed those waters over time - this is not news at all.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CCCC
If a guy has lived on or near the Puget Sound and been out the Strait and up past Vancouver Island - fished/boated/observed those waters over time - this is not news at all.

that pretty well narrows it down for those on-the- know, even by pinpoint geographical location....for the rest of the planet it’s called “ENTERTAINMENT” and as such, posted to Youtube.

It’s ok for others to ask and comments thereof

IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Yer wife clicked on it, right? smile

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Yer wife clicked on it, right? smile

I got a whale joke for ya but it might not sit well on here with the Cripper Cropper Creek Baptist Church. 😃

Ahhh

you probably already heard it, you racist fugg

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you think they call them Killer Whales? I knew they ate other whales by the time I was 5 years old.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by MAC
DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you think they call them Killer Whales? I knew they ate other whales by the time I was 5 years old.

Sharks and Whales are the oceans cleanup crew. If it were not for Killer whales and plankton eating whales the ocean would be a disaster.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (BALLISTIK, 35, arky65, 300_savage, anothergun, 10 invisible), 16,875 guests, and 849 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,880
Posts18,538,196
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.